Sign in to follow this  
thatdudescott

Guess the Metacritic score

They are wrong. 

It's a blast for longtime fans of the series. It's fun for anybody looking to play a horror game with other people. 

This is how adults play tag with a F13 theme.

• Like 2

Just now, Risinggrave said:

They are wrong. 

It's a blast for longtime fans of the series. It's fun for anybody looking to play a horror game with other people. 

This is how adults play tag with a F13 theme.

Score?

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

Score?

I'd say fans will put it in the high 90's. 

The rest would likely be in the 80's. The biggest issue for these guys is getting bored. They may play for a weekend or a month and finally go "Well, that was fun. Moving on."

9 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

74 - "lack of content at launch,bugs,static mouths. fun for long time fans of the series"

Is "I hate Metacritic" a valid answer?

• Like 3

Just now, ShankerOne said:

Is "I hate Metacritic" a valid answer?

Maybe if the thread title was "Who hates metacritic?"

:D

4 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Maybe if the thread title was "Who hates metacritic?"

:D

I'll go ahead and tell ya how it'll go then. Soon as the scores open they'll get bombarded with 0s from the public side for not allowing early access (insert streamer bash here) or releasing the game late. From the publication side, unless launch is catastrophic, I'll wager they'll score it between 85-95.

I think it will be high 70's or low 80's. Don't think it will get higher than the 80's, which is kinda fitting considering the source material. Would be the highest rated F13th anything ever, haha. 

You know what, I thought Metacritic had early access to the game and gave a score. I didn't realize this was us playing the role. I'm a derp. 

Revising Due to new information.

Still not my view.

55-91 Community.

39-90 Critics.

9 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

74 - "lack of content at launch,bugs,static mouths. fun for long time fans of the series"

This is the most realistic one I think. I'm guessing high 70s.

I don't really pay attention to critic scores because too often critics buy into hype over substance.

The only real comparable currently is Dead by Daylight, which has a critic score of 72% and a user score of 6.7.

My guess is the critic score will be similar to DBD's 72% but it will have a higher user score since it's based on an existing property and nostalgia alone should propel it higher for users.

That's my best guess but today is literally the first time I visited the metacritic site so I have no idea. I can say that the score from critics will likely be more reflective of actual game play and if it's even half as clunky as the beta, it will likely score only moderately.

My guess is that the game might get a really low score in Europe, I think that Jason is much more appreciated in the States.

Hate reading? Here's a video representation of my guess:

Here's the written version :)
My guess is as follows.

Metacritic Critic Score: 80%
Metacritic User Score: 89%

[Top Critic Review]
Game Informer: 91/100
Friday the 13th takes a blossoming genre, and slaps a classic franchise full of blood, gore, and excellent scares into the mix. Both veterans of the franchise and newcomers alike are sure to have a good time either running from your childhood nightmare, or chasing down those counselors themself!

[Worst Critic Review]
Eurogamer Poland: 65/100
Yet another horror game takes a stab at asymmetrical gameplay, with one overpowered killer and a bunch of survivors. The mechanics are sound, and the gameplay is fun. However, it just gets repetitive and a bit boring after you've seen everything a few times. Between killers playing music in the microphone or teammates causing eachother to get killed, it can become very stressful. If you don't have a party of friends, you won't have nearly as much fun.

[Top User Review]
Jason L. Vorhees: 10/10
I like killing people. This franchise was a huge part of my life. It practically was my life. I like killing people. Honestly, my favorite part is scaring the crap out of people by coming out of stalk mode - a mode that hides your alert so they don't know you're coming - and I scream into my mic at the same time. I like killing people. I recommend everyone comes to camp crystal lake, bring a friend - heck, bring 6 friends! I like killing people.

[Worst User Review]
DbDFanBoy69420: 0/10
Stupid ripoff of better games. Jason doesn't even play hockey, basically false advertising. Can't pick up traps, stupid trapper can't be trapper right. Supposed to come out early 2017, came out 26 days late. I'm used to broken games with devs who rush crap, but no, they delayed it, so -69/10. Worst game ever.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Skilled Apple said:

My guess is as follows.

Metacritic Critic Score: 80%
Metacritic User Score: 89%

[Top Critic Review]
Game Informer: 91/100
Friday the 13th takes a blossoming genre, and slaps a classic franchise full of blood, gore, and excellent scares into the mix. Both veterans of the franchise and newcomers alike are sure to have a good time either running from your childhood nightmare, or chasing down those counselors themself!

[Worst Critic Review]
Eurogamer Poland: 65/100
Yet another horror game takes a stab at asymmetrical gameplay, with one overpowered killer and a bunch of survivors. The mechanics are sound, and the gameplay is fun. However, it just gets repetitive and a bit boring after you've seen everything a few times. Between killers playing music in the microphone or teammates causing eachother to get killed, it can become very stressful. If you don't have a party of friends, you won't have nearly as much fun.

[Top User Review]
Jason L. Vorhees: 10/10
I like killing people. This franchise was a huge part of my life. It practically was my life. I like killing people. Honestly, my favorite part is scaring the crap out of people by coming out of stalk mode - a mode that hides your alert so they don't know you're coming - and I scream into my mic at the same time. I like killing people. I recommend everyone comes to camp crystal lake, bring a friend - heck, bring 6 friends! I like killing people.

[Worst User Review]
DbDFanBoy69420: 0/10
Stupid ripoff of better games. Jason doesn't even play hockey, basically false advertising. Can't pick up traps, stupid trapper can't be trapper right. Supposed to come out early 2017, came out 26 days late. I'm used to broken games with devs who rush crap, but no, they delayed it, so -69/10. Worst game ever.

I would say that is a pretty good guess.