Howdy Everyone,

Perhaps this information is listed somewhere, but I have not been able to find it. So, I thought I would start a question/answer thread for folks like me that just want to know LOL.

1.  Is this game going to support corss-platform play?

​ I am wondering this due to the way the kickstarter bundles were setup.  Several of the tiers give you PC beta access, but what if you want to get the PS4 or the XBOX One version?  Will the game support play between platforms?

Thanks!

theres been no info on that so far, but seeing that crossplatform is a VERY VERY rare thing even in AAA Titles, i would bet 10$ on "No".

• Like 1

Actually I see a some PC\PS4 crossplay going on. Final Fantasy, Rocket League etc. I have both consoles so if they can make it a go on PS4 and PC that would at least be good for me. (Probably wont happen though)

1. Is this game going to support corss-platform play?

​ I am wondering this due to the way the kickstarter bundles were setup. Several of the tiers give you PC beta access, but what if you want to get the PS4 or the XBOX One version? Will the game support play between platforms?

No, this will not be the case. Microsoft is tampering with fable legends for Xbox One / PC same game. You will never see a PS4, Xbox One, PC integration. Competition is the main reason for this.

As far as the beta goes it will as it stands be for PC only. However there are discussions in place with Microsoft and Sony to get a beta on those platforms as well.

Beta is PC only at this point, but we'll be doing what we can to get it on consoles.

Cross platform play isn't something games do, save for a few select titles that share PC and Xbox. We have no stated plans on making that happen with the game thus far, and it seems a bit of a stretch at this point, but that isn't to say it isn't being considered. 

• Like 1

Heyyy,

Quick question, in the launch of this whole ordeal, it mentioned one of the reasons they did a kickstarter instead of contracts and what not was becouse they wanted to facter in manyy.. "more mature" things like nudity, i was wandering how that would come into play, being that this iss a multiplayer game. Also, will councelors be able to interact with objects, such as.. the lake, campfire, sleeping bags, beds, eachother, ect. ?

Heyyy,

Quick question, in the launch of this whole ordeal, it mentioned one of the reasons they did a kickstarter instead of contracts and what not was becouse they wanted to facter in manyy.. "more mature" things like nudity, i was wandering how that would come into play, being that this iss a multiplayer game. Also, will councelors be able to interact with objects, such as.. the lake, campfire, sleeping bags, beds, eachother, ect. ?

Caleb I do not know how that will be handled however you will be able to hide in a sleeping bag. Beware of the sleeping bag kill though while hiding!

• Like 1

i think the main reason to go rogue and not with a big publisher would be to make the game they want to make and not to have to dumb it down or censor the game to get a more market friendly rating, wether this game will have much nudity, i personally doubt it simply cause i dont see where to put it much nudity (except for ripped clothing after a survived attack or something like that!?, but who knows what the guys have planned?! Theres a place for EVERYTHING in the Friday13th franchise! after all, we been to space already too :D

• Like 1

I'm kind of glad they didn't go with a publisher.  I can bet that if they did the publisher would try and push for a T raiting to sell more, then they would have to tone it down a lot.  That would be a disservice to Friday the 13th in my opinion.  

I was wondering what the level / map layout would be like? Will it be a large open world, sorta like GTA (but not THAT big) and if so about how large would it be?

I was wondering what the level / map layout would be like? Will it be a large open world, sorta like GTA (but not THAT big) and if so about how large would it be?

It's semi-open world. I do not know the specifics but judging by what I've seen it seems to be fairly large. I guess it boils down to what your personal expectations are of large.

• Like 1

There's going to be mulitple maps all based on the movies.

Voice ??

Im assuming voice chat will be in this game because communication is going to be key. Then if Jason is close enough he can hear the conversations. 

Proximity chat is a coding nightmare. Its not impossible but its difficult which is why you don't see it in a lot of games. The game is in pre-alpha which is very early in the development process. As you all well know things can change during development. It will be interesting to see what happens with Chat. I think proximity chat would be awesome myself.  

Proximity chat coding is pretty silly, plus it generally doesn't account for walls and things like that (usually).

I would say it would be a better idea to stay away from that.

Now we can look at how different types of voice chats have been, and we can be more specific as far as the different flaws and pros of each.

We have a couple of games we can look at for example.

Trouble in Terrorist Town in Garry's mod is more or less an all voice chat, you don't have to be close to the other peeps to talk to them.

I believe Damned and Dead Realm both used Proximity voice chat, but they were kind of buggy and again, don't believe they counted for walls.

Now, there's also Contagion, and for using the proximity thing as to find other players, they instead have a phone call system where if another player is close enough, their phone would show up on the lists and you can call them and hear their ringtone.

And from what I remember, most of the time when people play games with a group they will generally use Teamspeak, so you'll also need to account for that when talking about voice chat in-game. All of the times I've played Damned, Dead Realm, Contagion, and TTT with my buddies we always used teamspeak or Skype to communicate outside of the game.

It's semi-open world. I do not know the specifics but judging by what I've seen it seems to be fairly large. I guess it boils down to what your personal expectations are of large.

well we all know that the GTA V map is huge. like you need cars to get around. would take hours to travers that map. i figured the maps to be about the size of maybe a Battlefield 4 map. big enough to move around without bumping into each other too easily, but not so big that you can get lost and not found by Jason.

There's going to be mulitple maps all based on the movies.

As far as i understood it from the twitchchats, it will be multiple assets  from the movies, like places in the forest, buildings, etc that will be selected at random before a round starts, so the map will be different each time you play, with different structures or locations at different places on the map. (the team might correct me if i am wrong)

Proximity chat coding is pretty silly, plus it generally doesn't account for walls and things like that (usually).

I would say it would be a better idea to stay away from that.

Now we can look at how different types of voice chats have been, and we can be more specific as far as the different flaws and pros of each.

We have a couple of games we can look at for example.

Trouble in Terrorist Town in Garry's mod is more or less an all voice chat, you don't have to be close to the other peeps to talk to them.

I believe Damned and Dead Realm both used Proximity voice chat, but they were kind of buggy and again, don't believe they counted for walls.

Now, there's also Contagion, and for using the proximity thing as to find other players, they instead have a phone call system where if another player is close enough, their phone would show up on the lists and you can call them and hear their ringtone.

And from what I remember, most of the time when people play games with a group they will generally use Teamspeak, so you'll also need to account for that when talking about voice chat in-game. All of the times I've played Damned, Dead Realm, Contagion, and TTT with my buddies we always used teamspeak or Skype to communicate outside of the game.

I've never even heard of those games haha.

From a realism point of view i'd guess proximity chat would be the best but we all know that dedicated players on pc would always use teamspeak when playing with friends and on PS4 there is the party chat system. no idea how it is on xbox as i never had (and never will have) one of those things.

will there be a tag or something for the ones that have backed?

It is something that was being looked into. I am sure it could be done but it would be time consuming to do it and verify each and every backer lol. It would be cool though.

Backers with beta access will get a specific user-group, but we don't have a specific tag for the backers here, given I'd wager at minimum 90% of those registered thus far are backers ;). We'd have to manually set each user up with a tag and verify they are a backer....so if everyone wants one, we'll see about getting it done. 

• Like 1

That would be Awesome, If you can make that happen Ben ! Also, will there be a way to buy PC beta access? i want to Test too !