klipsch

How would you have titled this game differently?

I always wondered why the devs couldn't come up with a better title for the game. Friday the 13th: Jason Returns. Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Everyone.

Hell, I would've taken Friday the 13th: Jason's Slapstick Jamboree

I always wondered why the devs couldn't come up with a better title for the game. Friday the 13th: Jason Returns. Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Everyone.

Jason Voorheese's Powerwalker

Monty Pythons The Life of Jason

Gun Media & Illphonic Present, The Waiting Game 2017

Behind the Mask, The Rise of Jason Voorheese

• Like 1

The reason is simple imo. This game is not a new chapter or story in the franchise, it's based on what's already established in it for the most part so no need for some kind of special/clever title. Personally, I think the current title is more than appropriate considering the game's content.

• Like 2

I would have called it either:

Jason

or

Friday the 13th.

Adding The Game onto it makes it sound cheesy. How many games based on movies etc. suck? Just keep it simple. I would have simply called it 'Jason' and then put Jason's mask on front cover to interest people.

I thought the movie was cheesy so I don't think the title of the game is a big deal

The reason is simple imo. This game is not a new chapter or story in the franchise, it's based on what's already established in it for the most part so no need for some kind of special/clever title. Personally, I think the current title is more than appropriate considering the game's content.

I totally agree. I think it would have been much cheesier if they had tried to come up with some clever ass title. Just call it what it is; either you are interested or you aren't.

Early 2017: The Game

Early 2017 the 13th

Friday the 13th: The Movie: The Game: The Newer One

Friday the 13th: Jason Gets tired of Trolls Online

Darrin Howard: The Game

Friday the 13th: Darrin Howard gets banned again

Uh...the title is fine IMO.

Its literally a two word difference from the NES game.

Big deal.

Its meant to be about the franchise.

I don't think they needed to add the game on the end. Should just be "Friday the 13th"

Friday the 13th was already used for the NES game; basically giving it the title "The Game" kind of denotes an air of definitiveness to it. This is 'THE game' that we've been wanting for 30 years. It also has a campy feel to it, which I like. Like, are we watching a movie? No we're playing a freaking game that looks like a movie!

I honestly couldn't imagine the title being any different.

Friday the 13th:Camp Blood

Mystical Occult Tomes and Demon Dogs The Game

Tuesday the 17th

Camp Slasher First Blood

I think it's perfect how it is. When the game sells loads of copies, makes bucketloads of cash, and we get all the DLC we want ;) - I'd like to see the same team create a sequel with a storyline campaign. I think then, a subtitle prefix could be used. "Friday the 13th: Jason's Revenge" etc etc  

Wouldn't change the title but I would put "Make Crystal Lake Great Again" on the back of the box in big giant letters

The title they have is perfect.

Jason is missing from the title, but when you see the case, it isn't hard to figure out. It even says "the game" to let people know its a game.

If I could change the title I would go with something like this.

Friday the 13th: Jason Reborn

Something like that. I don't know. What they have is simple, to the point and great.