wes

Counselor Stats (Near Final)

I doubt it was intentional but they'd be smart to prepare themselves for more of these kind of criticisms.

I doubt it was intentional but they'd be smart to prepare themselves for more of these kind of criticisms.

They don't really need too, most of the male characters are based off of folks who paid to have their likeness as that character.

Others are based off of their respective 80s or F13 stereotypes. If someone wants political correctness than they came to the WROOOOONG game. AKA The Black Jock is pretty much based off of Julius.

The smartest character is Asian. *TRIGGERED.*

Is she? I always thought she was modeled after Diana Barrows.

Maddy-Diana-Barrows-in-Friday-the-13th-P

@Plox

The main issue with your revamp is you mostly just gave everyone more stealth. Obviously there were a few other tweaks yes but overall most of what you added was just giving them extra stealth.

It kinda kills the diversity if everyone has decent/high stealth.

The varying stats per char make for very different play styles.

Brandon is meant to be a strong char, not a stealthy one. People who want to play sneaky and out of sight aren't gonna pick Brandon.

Just as people who want to run free and be able to keep Jason at bay or protect others in a support role are not gonna pick Deborah.

Making everyone have good stealth defeats the purpose.

I didn't just give everyone stealth. I totally neutered one stealth hero because it didn't make sense in regards to his physical makeup, then I gave a lot of stealth to another for a specific and unique type of build (but in hindsight I don't think stealth is "edgy," so maybe someone else should have that build). Then I gave a couple people <not totally abysmal stealth but still bad stealth> because I didn't understand any reasoning for why they should have no stealth. Just because a character type is a "strong" one, doesn't mean that they can't also have some stealth. There are still some characters who have abysmal stealth with the way I changed things, some that have exceptional stealth, and many that have middle-of-the-road stealth.

Ideally, I think it is more interesting if at least one of the characters that has high speed/stamina can also be stealthy, instead of all of them having total crap stealth. Just as one of the characters who has high strength should also have high stealth, instead of all strong heroes having bad stealth. Variety is the spice of life.

Physically gifted athletes are typically more stealthy, so it makes sense. Think about ninjas, spies, and soldiers.

The thing I don't get is, why are there currently 3 characters with the "stealth + intellect"-archetype (AJ. Mason, D. Kim, E. Lachappa). This seems over represented right now.

I'd say

-1 int and +1 composure for AJ. (To make AJ a "composure + stealth"-based character)

-3 stealth and +3 luck for Lachappa. (To make him a "luck + int"-based character)

Only if the stats are well balanced point for point, because I don't wanna make Lachappa weaker, I just want to give him a different Archetype.

Also to make Vanessa and Buggzy a more different archetype.

-3 speed and +3 composure for Buggzy. (To make him a "composure + strength (+ stamina)"-based character; composure fits his archetype as it helps him break free from Jason.)

• Like 2

Having Buggzy being composed is... Adam, Adam is the guy who is composed and strong, Buggzy is the one who's strong and can run fast, easy to get.

Also, making Vanessa, a teenager girl who wants to get fun in a summer camp being more stealthy just because there are stealthy ninjas is stupid, she's just a girl who likes sports and running, no point of comparition with a militar.

Having Buggzy being composed is... Adam, Adam is the guy who is composed and strong, Buggzy is the one who's strong and can run fast, easy to get.

Also, making Vanessa, a teenager girl who wants to get fun in a summer camp being more stealthy just because there are stealthy ninjas is stupid, she's just a girl who likes sports and running, no point of comparition with a militar.

Never said make Vanessa stealthy because ninjas. I merely suggested a raise to 4 stealth. Hardly a ninja. I also said that there is room for an archetype character who is both athletic and stealthy at the same time. Athletes can be better at staying hidden because they can make less noise, have better control over their breathing, and be flexible or athletic enough to hide in areas other people wouldn't be able to.

Never said make Vanessa stealthy because ninjas. I merely suggested a raise to 4 stealth. Hardly a ninja. I also said that there is room for an archetype character who is both athletic and stealthy at the same time. Athletes can be better at staying hidden because they can make less noise, have better control over their breathing, and be flexible or athletic enough to hide in areas other people wouldn't be able to.

Athletic + stealthy is Tiffany the Flirty girl

• Like 2

Tiffany is already that stealthy athlete you want to play. She has 10/10 in stealth, 9/10 in stamina and 6/10 in speed. Don't talk if you don't know.

She's only surpassed by Vanessa, Chad and Buggzy. AJ, Jenny, Kenny, Eric, Deborah and Adam still slower than her.

Is anyone other then me wonder about Tommy Jarvis? I want to know his stats...I also think he's a key to beating jason.

Is anyone other then me wonder about Tommy Jarvis? I want to know his stats...I also think he's a key to beating jason.

I believe hes 10/10 on every stat, but I don't think (or at least I hope) he isn't instrumental to defeating Jason. I really really wish they would let our counselors become their own Final girls and boys and not let them be overshadowed by a "hero"

I believe hes 10/10 on every stat, but I don't think (or at least I hope) he isn't instrumental to defeating Jason. I really really wish they would let our counselors become their own Final girls and boys and not let them be overshadowed by a "hero"

I agree, maybe Tommy can die, and me playing as Buggzy can be the hero who puts Jason down. I'll be a bit upset if Tommy is the key to killing Jason, but it would make sense.

Also, just took a look at Brandon's face, something is wrong with that, is he meant to have a lazy eye? He doesn't look much like the character art in my signature.

• Like 2

I think that if Tommy is somehow the key I'm sure that the Jason player would camp the radio like no tomorrow.

Nah, he's just one guy at the end of the day. I think a Jason player might even want Tommy to come in, just so Jason can focus on him and get him out of the game, one less problem to worry about. 

As usual, I'm out of positive Karma. 100% agreement here. 

Pretty sure that's how it will work. The ability to kill Jason was going to be in the game when Tommy was uncertain. Why would they tie it to just him now? It doesn't make much sense to do that just for authenticity sake.

I agree, maybe Tommy can die, and me playing as Buggzy can be the hero who puts Jason down. I'll be a bit upset if Tommy is the key to killing Jason, but it would make sense.

Also, just took a look at Brandon's face, something is wrong with that, is he meant to have a lazy eye? He doesn't look much like the character art in my signature.

It kind of looks like Brandon has eyeliner and lipstick on

• Like 1

I'm of the mind that there are probably a couple of ways to do Jason in, but I'm figuring that they are either very rare random occurrences or very rare procedural events. If you can just kill Jason in some easy fashion, folks will figure that out and games will become race to kill the killer each round.

I've said it before but I'm sure it's some rare random map event. Probably something with the damn sweater and Pams head. It's the only way I see players trying to escape(which is the main game objective)and not turning this game into a Jason hunt.

I've said it before but I'm sure it's some rare random map event. Probably something with the damn sweater and Pams head. It's the only way I see players trying to escape(which is the main game objective)and not turning this game into a Jason hunt.

And once that trick has been figured out, we'll see how it truly affects the game. I don't think it's going to be a stat thing or a Tommy thing, but more some of those random generated items linked to trigger events. But once those are figured out, the game will change dramatically if it's too easy.

And once that trick has been figured out, we'll see how it truly affects the game. I don't think it's going to be a stat thing or a Tommy thing, but more some of those random generated items linked to trigger events. But once those are figured out, the game will change dramatically if it's too easy.

I think they said what a 1-70 chance of defeating Jason? So it's going to be a rare event. At least that's what I'm hoping for. Of course they could just make Jason completely unstoppable(in the sense that you can't kill him to win, still keep the stuns)and put an end to it.