Here is the way I would proceed with Lachapa:

Composure: 6

Luck: 7

Intelligence: Same

Stamina: Same

Speed: Same

Stealth: 3

Strength: Same

I see Lachapa as a smart but clumsy guy.  I wouldn't expect him to be sneaky at all really, but more Lucky, Composed, and really super smart.

Since the stats need to add up to 35 I think that these numbers would be better

NOTE: I've only changed Eric's stats I only added Deborah's at the side for comparison's sake 

Eric                            Deborah

Composure: 7            Composure: 5

Luck: 6                       Luck: 3

Intelligence: 10          Intelligence: 10

Speed: 3                    Speed: 4

Stamina: 2                 Stamina: 3

Stealth: 4                   Stealth:  9

Strength: 3                 Strength: 1

I believe these stat changes give Eric a new feel since now with extra luck and composure Eric has a better chance at fighting (it's still a bad chance but hey it's a lot better than Deborah's odds)

It means that Eric will have a harder time staying hidden from Jason but a fighting chance if he does show up. While in Deborah's case Jason better not come anywhere near you if you want to live. Having this low stealth also makes it so that Eric will have to crouch and sneak a lot more than his stealthier counterpart. It makes a different experience and thus a more appealing choice than just "watered down Deborah"

It makes his weak point distinct from that of Deborah. They both suck at running but Deborah is more likely to lose her cool while Eric is more likely to be heard. 

This is just an idea though.

• Like 2

NOTE: I've only changed Eric's stats I only added Deborah's at the side for comparison's sake 

I believe these stat changes give Eric a new feel since now with extra luck and composure Eric has a better chance at fighting (it's still a bad chance but hey it's a lot better than Deborah's odds)

It means that Eric will have a harder time staying hidden from Jason but a fighting chance if he does show up. While in Deborah's case Jason better not come anywhere near you if you want to live. Having this low stealth also makes it so that Eric will have to crouch and sneak a lot more than his stealthier counterpart. It makes a different experience and thus a more appealing choice than just "watered down Deborah"

This is just an idea however.

Also good ideas.

It makes his weak point distinct from that of Deborah. They both suck at running but Deborah is more likely to lose her cool while Eric is more likely to be heard. 

This is just an idea though.

I'd have his luck be higher than his Composure.

I don't see Lachapa being a composed person, not as composed as I think of him.

Or better yet, change up Deborah a bit and subtract her luck and give her a bit more composure.

Either way, I see Lachapa being less composed than Deborah.

I'd have his luck be higher than his Composure.

I don't see Lachapa being a composed person, not as composed as I think of him.

Or better yet, change up Deborah a bit and subtract her luck and give her a bit more composure.

Either way, I see Lachapa being less composed than Deborah.

The problem with upping Deborah's composure is that we'd re-create the same problem we had before only this time rather than having Deborah and Eric being too similar Deborah and A.J. would be too similar.

The problem with upping Deborah's composure is that we'd re-create the same problem we had before only this time rather than having Deborah and Eric being too similar Deborah and A.J. would be too similar.

That's true.

I'd just have Lachapa's luck be at 7 and composure at 6.  That to me is acceptable.

• Like 1

Composure: 7

Luck: 6         

Intelligence: 10

Speed: 3

Stamina: 2

Stealth: 4

Strength: 3

I like this better.

The problem I have with the Gun/Illphonic proposed Lachoppa numbers is that their is NO REASON to play him over Kim.

All of his defensive stats were poor, VERY poor. having just about the worst defensive spread in the game. He needs something to push him over the top. A higher composure would certainly help.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing him as not as smart or sneaky as Kim but a bit more physical.

Something like...

Composure: 4

Luck: 6   

Intelligence: 9

Speed: 6

Stamina: 3

Stealth: 4

Strength: 3

With this kind of setup he would be REALLY smart but not as smart or sneaky as Kim, and instead a bit more mobile.

Basically Eric would be the polar reverse Kim. Where Kim relies totally on stealth Lachoppa would be more of a chad style runner.

Hes not Physically fit and not very Sneaky but the man can book it as soon as some action breaks out.

Can we all calm down about Adam?

I am very confident they wouldn't let his grease monkey trope go to waste. No doubt a perk is in order, makes his ability to fix cars instantaneous. That would no doubt be useful.

But we already have a lot of characters good at fixing things. Adam is high composure and a heavy hitter. Having a perk dedicated to just cars would be perfect and useful without breaking the role barriers.

I'd even out his luck and stealth stat. Smart and Lucky.

The problem with Adam using a perk is that it's the equivalant of Vanessa needing a perk to be fast or Bugsy needing a perk to be strong.

That's my problem with it.

Why does everyone else get their inherit traits built into their stats plus 3 free perk slots to tweak them while Adam is inheritly shit at his job unless he uses a perk and then only has 2 perks left to customize with.

It'd be really silly to play as him and use my 3 perks on more important abilities and then watch AJ and Kenny repair the car faster than me while still getting 3 perks of their own.

It kinda forces you to lock in a set perk for him to use him as intended and then you only have 2 left.

It'd be like Vanessa being the best runner in the game, but only if you used her perk. Otherwise Eric can run faster than her and still gets to use 3 other perks while Vanessa only gets 2 if she uses her speed perk.

I just feel it's an unfair situation because I don't see any other counselors who "need" to use a certain perk to achieve what they're set to do by default.

So by default every other char can customize 3 perks while Adam only gets 2 because he's locked into the car repair one unless he wants to suck at it even though he shouldn't.

Does that make sense?

The problem with Adam using a perk is that it's the equivalant of Vanessa needing a perk to be fast or Bugsy needing a perk to be strong.

Why does everyone else get their inherit traits built into their stats plus 3 free perk slots to tweak them while Adam is inheritly shit at his job unless he uses a perk and then only has 2 perks left to customize with.

It'd be really silly to play as him and use my 3 perks on more important abilities and then watch AJ and Kenny repair the car faster than me while still getting 3 perks of their own.

It kinda forces you to lock in a set perk for him to use him as intended and then you only have 2 left.

It'd be like Vanessa being the best runner in the game, but only if you used her perk. Otherwise Eric can run faster than her and still gets to use 3 other perks while Vanessa only gets 2 if she uses her speed perk.

I just feel it's an unfair situation because I don't see any other counselors who "need" to use a certain perk to achieve what they're set to do by default.

So by default every other char can customize 3 perks while Adam only gets 2 because he's locked into the car repair one unless he wants to suck at it even though he shouldn't.

Does that make sense?

It's not like we don't know for sure that Adam can't repair cars faster just because of his stats. I mean they did mention that Vanessa's stats are back to what they were before but her stamina regens slower compared to others. Maybe his intelligience level is lower than others but he's exceptional at fixing just cars. I don't know if this is really the case, but just a little thought.

I wouldn't mind seeing them bump his intelligence up to a 5, but I'm perfectly fine with his stats either way. I'm sure we will see a perk for fixing things faster.

Not much to be worried there. The game is in certification and while they're waiting, they continue to test and tweak the game with small adjustments. I guess they are just making the most out of the time they have left until release.

Yeah well with how they write it, it doesn't come across as just minor fixing, it's saying they haven't finalized the stats to start with. That's the part that worries me.

It's not tweaking, it's finalizing a base. y'know?

• Like 1

Yeah well with how they write it, it doesn't come across as just minor fixing, it's saying they haven't finalized the stats to start with. That's the part that worries me.

It's not tweaking, it's finalizing a base. y'know?

With this statement from Wes in the first post of this thread:

"There still may be some minor tweaks to these stats leading right up to launch, but this list is pretty dang close to what you'll experience when we launch."

I think it's safe to say that they are tweaking something that is already finalized for the most part.

With this statement from Wes in the first post of this thread:

"There still may be some minor tweaks to these stats leading right up to launch, but this list is pretty dang close to what you'll experience when we launch."

I think it's safe to say that they are tweaking something that is already finalized for the most part.

Yeah well it's still worrying with how they word it. But we'll see. Right now i'm just waitin'

Does that make sense?

I wouldn't say so.

Grease Monkey, as someone said before, doesn't' mean intelligent.  In this game, Intelligence is set side-by-side with all repairs.

The perk would allow his specialty to kick in, and again, it's without disruption of the purpose of Intelligence.

It's like having a perk where Buggzy would be good at using a Baseball Bat more than other weapons.

IDK, I guess I'm not worried about it.  They'll probably squeeze his trope in somehow.  The team hasn't given me a reason not to trust them so far.

But again the main counter argument I've seen really is "he'll get a perk." But it doesn't acknowledge the problem I've stated with it being a perk.

Guy who's a mechanic sucks at repairing cars unless he uses a perk.

Girl who's smart is smart without perk.

Girl who's a track star runs fast for long stretches without perk.

Lucky guy is lucky without a perk.

Tough jock is tough without a perk.

As I said before, in a real world setting he should definitely not have as much intelligence as Deb or Eric.

But the problem resides in him being the sole char that is supposed to be good at something that is directly tied to a stat that doesn't befit him in a real world setting. And he's only supposed to be really good at doing one of the three things that stat is used for.

I can't think of any other char that falls into a grey area like that.

Thus why I question the situation because now it forces him to be the only person who by default, sucks at what he's supposed to excel at and requires a perk to do it.

No one else suffers from that problem.

Thus why I question it because it seems unfair and unbalanced.

If Wes comes in and explains it and makes it a non-issue because they have something in place that we don't know about that balances it I'll be happily on board.

I'm merely questioning it currently because armed with the information we have currently, it seems unfair.

But we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

But again the main counter argument I've seen really is "he'll get a perk." But it doesn't acknowledge the problem I've stated with it being a perk.

Guy who's a mechanic sucks at repairing cars unless he uses a perk.

Girl who's smart is smart without perk.

Girl who's a track star runs fast for long stretches without perk.

Lucky guy is lucky without a perk.

Tough jock is tough without a perk.

As I said before, in a real world setting he should definitely not have as much intelligence as Deb or Eric.

But the problem resides in him being the sole char that is supposed to be good at something that is directly tied to a stat that doesn't befit him in a real world setting. And he's only supposed to be really good at doing one of the three things that stat is used for.

I can't think of any other char that falls into a grey area like that.

Thus why I question the situation because now it forces him to be the only person who by default, sucks at what he's supposed to excel at and requires a perk to do it.

No one else suffers from that problem.

Thus why I question it because it seems unfair and unbalanced.

If Wes comes in and explains it and makes it a non-issue because they have something in place that we don't know about that balances it I'll be happily on board.

I'm merely questioning it currently because armed with the information we have currently, it seems unfair.

But we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

I think what you could be missing is that it's very likely there will be other character specific perks as well if that's the case. Maybe each person has perks that makes them better at something that compliments their trope.

Yea I just don't see anyone thus far NEEDING the perk for their trope like Adam does.

That's the issue.

That gives everyone else the ability to excel at their trope by default and still have 3 perks to tweak them further with.

Adam sucks at his trope by default and needs a perk to excel at it and then only has 2 perks to tweak further with.

Yea I just don't see anyone thus far NEEDING the perk for their trope like Adam does.

That's the issue.

That gives everyone else the ability to excel at their trope by default and still have 3 perks to tweak them further with.

Adam sucks at his trope by default and needs a perk to excel at it and then only has 2 perks to tweak further with.

And you say this after Wes notes Vanessa is going to have slower stamina regen then Deb? 

Realistically, Vanessa would be just like she was at the beginning of the beta. Fast as fuck and most likely to survive. She got nerfed as far as her trope is concerned. She may or may not have a perk to help with her regen so she doesn't gas and die.

And you're still sitting here bitching that Palomino might not be quite as good at fixing cars as you'd like without a perk. We haven't even seen them in play yet. We don't know how things are going to be once the game drops.

Fucking A get over it.  

the game looks good & all but seriously, why the ONLY two black people in the game have LOW INTELLIGENCE. why the F do y'all seriously got Brandon 'Buggzy' Wilson intelligence a 1/10?????? its kinda sad & low key racist that y'all did that, do your company believes all black people are stupid???

• Like 2

Oh my God!!!!

All the things to analyze on counselor stats and you find a way to make a racist argument...

How about the fact that he also happens to be the athletic "jock" character.

For generalities sake,the jock is considered low intelligence IRL regardless of race!!!

NEWSFLASH!!!!

The game is delayed again to retool counselor stats because it's clearly a racial statement!!!

White privilege in horror movies and games....

Give me a fucking break!!

• Like 4

the game looks good & all but seriously, why the ONLY two black people in the game have LOW INTELLIGENCE. why the F do y'all seriously got Brandon 'Buggzy' Wilson intelligence a 1/10?????? its kinda sad & low key racist that y'all did that, do your company believes all black people are stupid???

I get what you mean. If I might offer a possible explanations :

1) Buggzy represents the Jock/Athlete horror movie trope. Usually in 80s horror movies, that trope is depicted as brawn over brains.

Vanessa also represents one of the more physical tropes, which aren't usually smart. From a gameplay standpoint, counselors that are very strong in one area need to be weak somewhere else.

2) Also, the « intelligence » stat doesn't necessarily translate to intelligence as we see it. It was written in Buggzy's bio that he maintained a high GPA despite devoting most of his time to sports.

Regardless, I get what you mean, and I felt sort of weird when the two black counselors were thrown into the 2 purely physical roles. I'm sure if this really concerns you and you messaged the devs, they'd try to address those concerns.

• Like 1

I'm really gon need for y'all to change Brandon, & Vanessa's intelligence. its not right for the only two black characters to have low intelligence. But you got characters like "Adam Palomino" who CLEARLY should never be smarter then Brandon. TF is wrong with y'all??? 

Oh joy, a handle made just to stoke racial tension.

I'm really gon need for y'all to change Brandon, & Vanessa's intelligence. its not right for the only two black characters to have low intelligence. But you got characters like "Adam Palomino" who CLEARLY should never be smarter then Brandon. TF is wrong with y'all??? 

And now because you "really need it", I'm going to laugh when it doesn't happen. 

Coming in and making demands isn't going to get you shit.

• Like 1

According to his stats, Adam's not actually a grease monkey, he's just a poser who wears a leather jacket and pretends to know a lot about fixing cars xD.

• Like 2