Gobb

The most annoying thing when playing jason

Whats going on forums?

I thought i would make a post about something that might be annoying when the games comes out.

This is pretty map specific or Any jason that can't run specific. I was watching this video of some beta game play and this happened to this guy.

https://youtu.be/WNeDXw1IuyU?t=16m20s 

Its pretty annoying for someone to loop you like that forever or until he messes up and gets grabbed.

Some ideas i came up with to counter that would just to make the fence destructible in some parts. Another idea was just using the throwing knives that jason has. 

Did this happen to any of you during the beta?

Thanks for reading!

~Gobb

There was NOTHING worse in the beta than a player (usually a Vanessa) locked the doors and waiting inside, when I got inside as Jason; she ran around the couch bringing it to a stalemate. Then they would run out of the house and run to a fence or a car and circle that, waiting until I make a mistake and they have enough stamina to run.

Players can play however they want, yes, but there was no excitement from running in circles, using the most annoying exploits.

On the other hand alot of Jason players zig-zagged whenever I aimed a shotgun at them, thus the bullet would miss. Did we see Jason do that in the films? No, when I played as Jason I ran straight at them, purely because if they missed; I could imagine the horror on their face, not to mention I felt more like Jason frikkin Vorhees. But there will always be that one person who says "Jason is allowed to avoid getting damage however he wants blah blah". I guess I just like to imagine I am in my own F13 film.

ANYWAY! Ranting aside, the throwing knives are good, but limited. I would rather Jason has the ability to just break through the fence so you can close the distance quickly.

• Like 2

It was only Vanessa lol. I'm sure they will nerf her so she can't do that. Maybe being close to Jason too long slows her down? But yea throwing knives should also help with that. Even if the fence was destructible they would always find something else to run around. Like the cars.

It was only Vanessa lol. I'm sure they will nerf her so she can't do that. Maybe being close to Jason too long slows her down? But yea throwing knives should also help with that. Even if the fence was destructible they would always find something else to run around. Like the cars.

That or people will need to perfect the ability to shiftgrab

The "circle around thing" abuse was annoying for sure. I'm going to save my throwing weapons exactly for those moments.

• Like 1

Stamina has been reworked since beta wes has said in the stat thread and Vanessa wont regenerate as fast as counsellors with a lower stat

Stamina has been reworked since beta wes has said in the stat thread and Vanessa wont regenerate as fast as counsellors with a lower stat

Cue Vanessa fan rage. 

• Like 1

This just happened to me in the PS4 version. Two characters hid behind the two fences by the exit and ran me ragged until the police arrived. I feel as if Jason should really be able to just walk through a low-profile fence (or perhaps when Rage becomes available).

• Like 1