Sign in to follow this  
ShankerOne

Lucha Underground - Monster Matanza

I know a few of you guys watch WWE, but I was wondering if you've checked out Lucha Underground yet? Seasons 1 & 2 are on Netflix right now, but that's not what this little post is about. One of the wrestlers is called the Monster Matanza, and I can't quite place my finger on it, but his gimmick seems to draw inspirations from a certain hockey mask wearing killer whose name eludes me at the moment. :P

post-3536-0-73722400-1491764108_thumb.jpg

I freaking love Lucha Underground. It hats great matches and embraces the financial fantasy side of wrestling I love.

And yeah when I first saw Matanza o thought he looked like a slasher villain. Or maybe a fater version of Rick from Splatter House.

I freaking love Lucha Underground. It hats great matches and embraces the financial fantasy side of wrestling I love.

And yeah when I first saw Matanza o thought he looked like a slasher villain. Or maybe a fater version of Rick from Splatter House.

Also love Lucha Underground. 

I also think of Rick from the Splatterhouse games.

This is such a great, crazy show. I try to sell it to my friends by saying it's Mortal Kombat, but as a wrestling show.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work. :(

Also love Lucha Underground. 

I also think of Rick from the Splatterhouse games.

This is such a great, crazy show. I try to sell it to my friends by saying it's Mortal Kombat, but as a wrestling show.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work. :(

I can see the Mortal Kombat thing cause I always compared Mil Muertes in session 2 to Shao Kahn, the way he just sits on a throne of skulls outside the ring and watches the matches.  :lol:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/073/233/640.jpg

Lucha Underground is my favorite thing in wrestling today,even if the 3rd season has been a little weak. CERO MEIDO.