bewareofbears

"Yes." and "No." Emotes for Mic-less Players

I've read topics on emotes (for fun) and how others want everyone to have a mic.

Would it be possible to get a 'yes' and 'no' emote for the mic-less players?

Ex.

Mic'd player: Do you have the keys?

Non-mic'd *shakes his head "No."

Yes could be a head shake, a thumbs up, etc.

I think non-verbal would be the way to go so you don't have players spamming a sound clip.

• Like 8

Great idea. I cannot use a mic most of the time, so something  like this would be really helpful. Maybe some more emotes ("Come here!", "Hide!" etc.) could be added too.

• Like 3

Great idea. I cannot use a mic most of the time, so something like this would be really helpful. Maybe some more emotes ("Come here!", "Hide!" etc.) could be added too.

I do like the idea of a non-mic'd counselor being able to say "hide." That's creepy, which is awesome.

It would likely mean either extra animations or gathering up the voice acting troupe if Gun hasn't already had this planned for final release. 

I wouldn't mind it, myself. But if it isn't already a thing, I doubt it'll be added.

Reminds me I need to pick up some flipping headphones that work.  

• Like 1

Or like in battlefield where you can do quick responses and request and it shows the text on the screen and an icon above them briefly.

Would be helpful for hearing impaired or micless.

Agreed. You wouldn't have to go crazy with it or anything, we don't need Overwatch emoting/verbals here, but just a simply yes/no way to emote would be handy for the non-mic'd players.

Would mean getting all the voice actors to record the new lines at the very least, though, and possibly new animation. Like Risinggrave says.

So depends on whether that may be something easier to get round to later on or post-release.

But it would be a good addition, I feel.

They could just have simple gesture emotes with no voice, like Dead by Daylight has.  It'd be better than nothing.

Not really a priority with our game, though we recognize the usefulness. We'd need to go back into the mo-cap shop and get those done for the sake of a feature that wouldn't be utilized all that much in our game. 

• Like 2

Not really a priority with our game, though we recognize the usefulness. We'd need to go back into the mo-cap shop and get those done for the sake of a feature that wouldn't be utilized all that much in our game.

With extra content do you useally go and get all the mocap required done and then get extra stuff like this done?

Plus I'd argue you only need a voiceline. "Yeah" "No"

Shaking or nodding is unnecessary as long as the point is communicated.

• Like 2

I feel like you do need a mic in order to really play this game. Communication is pretty much key. This does as someone said earlier raise the question for people that are hearing impaired or mute on how they can communicate. I know people can look at the list of things accomplished for the match to get an idea where they stand, so that helps. I also guess I would suggest the controller would start to vibrate if Jason was around to help them out since they can't hear the music?

• Like 1

It's not ideal but... "Crouch once for YES, twice for NO and three+ times to teabag and do your own thing."

It's useless and annoying, just imagine people spamming "yes" every second on match.

I don't know. I think removing the motivation for people to use a mic might be bad. This game is most fun when everyone has a mic and is being crazy. If they give people other options, maybe less people use the mic and make the game less fun in the end.

No need for additional mocap. Left 4 Dead has pre-recorded voice callouts for many things(no, yes, look here, stay, run, etc).

On February 23, 2017 at 7:33 AM, GunMedia_Ben said:

The idea of this thread seems to be a common sentiment.

I'm not sure it requires mo-capping. Pretty sure the folks at illphonic could figure it out without.

When I'm trying to communicate to people without a mic I've mostly been having them use the flashlight. Click it on once for yes and twice for no. It's pretty simple but effective. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 1:27 AM, bewareofbears said:

I've read topics on emotes (for fun) and how others want everyone to have a mic.

Would it be possible to get a 'yes' and 'no' emote for the mic-less players?

Ex.

Mic'd player: Do you have the keys?

Non-mic'd *shakes his head "No."

Yes could be a head shake, a thumbs up, etc.

I think non-verbal would be the way to go so you don't have players spamming a sound clip.

These could be quite useful to use and at the same time not give away your location to Jason.

• Like 1