Would you prefer if you couldn't have multiples of same counselor?

I thought of a system that seems fair to allow you some selection choice without a 'first to join' scenario.

Like private, you opt in for Jason.

Instead of choosing one counselor, you rank 7 on a tier you'd prefer to be.

Some algorithm randomly selects one who opted in for Jason. After that it goes down your tier of counselors until everyone is assigned one.

Extreme example. Everyone wants to be Vanessa most? One is randomly chosen. Everyone wants to be Tiffany 2nd most? Process repeats. You're the only one who ranked the nerd 1? You are the nerd.

This method has it's pros/cons and might only be suitable for private matches. Just a wish list idea this stage in development.

But in private games you could have the players be different counselors by asking them already, I get what you're saying but it seems impractical do spend time coding a function like that. Maybe after the release they'll add it.

It does to do it now. It's more of just a way on how it could be done.

Topic alone, would you like playing with no repeats?

• Like 1

It was annoying seeing 6-7 Vanessa's per match in the beta but I definitely would like the free choice to pick who I want. I'm sure in the full game every character will have their perks and there will be a variety in every lobby.

well they could give Tiffany a twin like Tina and Terri, and add some more counselors and then make it 7 unique. as of now theres not enough counselors for that

• Like 1

Or they will just make other counselors desirable to play as so everyone doesn't be Vanessa by choice?

I like having the option to pick who I want. Wouldn't want  to get stuck playing as a counselor I don't like.

• Like 1

Clothing options will make it less obnoxious for everyone to be playing the same counselor, also in the full game each counselor will have a unique ability, which i'm sure will make people try more playstyles than run run run.

I also sometimes like it when 7 people play the same counselors, makes for funny roleplays to try to survive as 7 flirty girls, or only nerds and bookish girls

• Like 4

Clothing options will make it less obnoxious for everyone to be playing the same counselor, also in the full game each counselor will have a unique ability, which i'm sure will make people try more playstyles than run run run.

I also sometimes like it when 7 people play the same counselors, makes for funny roleplays to try to survive as 7 flirty girls, or only nerds and bookish girls

Yeah, the clothing and ability options will make the possibility of different counselors in the final game, these options just weren't in the beta, looking forward to see what these clothing and abilities are.

I prefer not to see my exact character being played by several people. 1st person games, I don't think you notice it as much as in 3rd person.

• Like 2

I just like picking who I wanna be, if they had a system like that of knowing who you played as most(like league of legends), then you can be that counselor character or Jason.

I found it irritating during private match that so many people want it random, like you don't wanna be a counselor this round or so? Someone said they would be Jason.

It get's on my nerves cause I just wanna be a damn counselor. I never knew how undecided most ppl are. I know it's sound like I'm talking about two topics, but I do feel it's fine

to leave it be where ppl can pick who ever they want. Basically I like picking off looks and dealing with the stats later to get use to that character. Why is it bad I want to play as a character

that's been put in the game? Makes no sense if you tell me other wise. Mainly down to it the Vanessa ppl are just about game play and the numbers/scores really, I actually don't picture this game

as a game and of numbers/scores, I just see it as my own horror/slasher movie that I am a apart of. It's good that the Dev's say just have fun with the game, don't need to much of a brain to make sense

of this game and really less likely want to be not the next entry into e-sports, well ppl having that mindset coming to this game, toxic competitive crap. Cuss them all out.

• Like 2

The counselors are so unique, it makes just changing the tint of their clothes not a viable option or it's what I would suggest. Like others have said, and I think I said in a similar thread, I'm hoping counselor clothing customization helps eliminate the clone army.

As much as I personally enjoy seeing a variety of counselors when I played, I feel that the ability to choose whoever one wants is for the best overall. There's also the extra clothing options in the future to help break up the visual monotony of having multiples of the same counselor.

• Like 1

I would prefer that there are different characters as said above it just seems weird to see too many of the same. Personally I don't care who I get as long as it is random every match.

I think if the game ever adopts a legitimate separate set of rules for competitive play. 7 Unique counselors will be a given.

I do think it could make sense to make it an option in private mode.

In online gaming. People will always go for what they deem the easiest route to victory. Whether its the most powerful weapon to spam or most powerful character to spam or ability or whatever it might to ensure an easy win, exploits, etc. The Devs getting that down is more my priority than the others.

I was never a fan of everyone being able to pick the same counselor, but, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

I think multiple counselors is fine. People should be able to play who they want. I'm sure the counselors will be tweaked in the final game and eliminate problems like Vanessa caused.

• Like 1