Okay I'm not going to lie here.

After the beta, I came across the Halloween DLC for Dead by daylight. Having not played this game yet, and seeing Michael Myers in a game, made me feel like a little boy the night before Christmas.

Now one thing, I want to see this game steer clear and be it's own game and not something like DbD.... But...

Michael has a really cool mechanic which I think adding a spin on would be awesome to see in this game.

What I'm talking about is the fear radius. The beta had the classic music play and gradually get louder the closer Jason got. I think think needs to be re-worked a little. Maybe changing the radius size depending on what different Jason you chose?

Michael in DbD was scary as shit cause you don't know at times when he's there watching, building his evil within by stalking. 

It would be good to see some kind of mechanic where Jason needs to watch his victims to perhaps get stronger? Or get his abilities faster? Or even have a play with the cooldowns on his abilities.

The music simply playing when he's near acts as no element of surprise. Please take this into consideration devs :)

Thank you

Shane 

• Like 1

Maybe a perk where you can have no sound till its to late lol that would so suck but be fun at the same time if nobody likes this than private match would be better anyway

I have an idea, have Jason's music radius tied Jason's DIRECTION. Now, in a general radious around Jason, no matter which direction that Jason is facing, the music will be playing, BUT, the music has a further radius in whatever direction Jason is CURRENTLY FACING. This is separate from the Jason player's camera. This way Jason players can perhaps dupe a counselor into thinking he's lost them by facing another direction, and then BAM, when Jason turns around the music hits and their fear spikes.

The GENERAL radius for the music around Jason would be lower, but for a sort of cone shape IN FRONT of Jason, that radius would be further.

And I think different Jasons should have this radius personalized to them. Faster Jasons would have a further radius for both general and directional. slower Jasons would have a smaller radius to keep the element of surprise.

What if the music that played was dictated by the type of Jason you used? I know thats a shot in the dark but that would be kindve cool, seeing jason 6 come around and music from jason lives begins to play.

• Like 1

i like that idea - but thats a lot of reprogramming that would need to take place by the time this game launches... all they really need to do is..

1. decrease the music radius around Jason - i would say at least by half - maybe do the line of sight cone mixed into that like @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow was saying - but even then, i wouldn't make the line of sight cone much too much longer than the music radius itself.... someone brought up a good idea that the "ki ki ki - ma ma ma" should be the alerting noise that Jason is close by, and that the music doesn't really intensify until he is really close to you... i kind of like that idea - instead of having the "ki ki ki - ma ma ma" as a perk unlock noise - it gives it better purpose..

2. like @grandmasterlynx suggested, as i have suggested similar - a perk which masks your location (for a small window of time) allowing you to stealthly advance on a unsuspecting counselor and pounce on them - but i still think the "ki ki ki - ma ma ma" should go off, at least altering that Jason is in your general area, but you don't know where.... from a counselor POV, it would suck - but it would also add actually getting scared by Jason as someone playing the game - imagine searching a cabin, turning around an Jason is right there!.. that'd scare the shit out of me for sure lol.

I liked the range for the music cue in the beta. Maybe I'm a bad gamer but I would hear the music and try to hide/get away before I saw Jason. I knew he was around but didn't know exactly where. I did die a lot but it was fun.

I think it would be cool, if there was no music radius until Jason gets his first kill.

That would mean the first few minutes of every match would be more intense, as you have no idea if Jason will get the jump on you?

After Jason gets his first kill than the music has a player radius.

I also like the idea of some Jason's being more stealth than others.

Part 7 Jason got the jump on David in the kitchen after all;)

How about the more Jason kills the wider the radius becomes? More terror faster. But at first...there is no music to alert them. 1st kill...a closer radius..then increasingly further out the more bodies Jason gets.

• Like 1

Yeah totally agree.

I hope they implement something like that, it should raise the tension more.

I'm now wondering if it's possible to throw knives at counselors from a far enough away distance without triggering the attack music.

Well, we did it...

I love they listened and added the "Stalk" ability.

This makes me so happy!

Everyone's feedback has really gone a long way :)