gettodachappa

What do you consider trolling jason is and do you guys think its wrong to do

The term trolling jason has been thrown around so many times that it seems like people have their own meaning some even said killing Jason is trolling jason

• Confused 2

Just my own opinion here but when you start deliberately trying to be a toxic little shit, that's my definition of trolling. 

As to what constitutes being a toxic little shit, ask yourself this: Does what I'm doing have a legitimate, reasonable basis? If you're trying to kill Jason, constantly attacking him is kinda par for the course, so it's not trolling. If all you're doing is chain-stunning him so you can keep dancing on him, YES... you're being a toxic little shit.

If you're driving around to pick up counselors or to draw Jason's attention, that's not trolling, but it BECOMES trolling if you're doing it just to see if you can make him rage-quit. This is when it goes from legitimate and reasonable, to toxic. 

However, some things are so blatantly toxic there's no room for debate or legitimacy. If you're manipulating the situation into one in which Jason has no feasible way of countering (such as infinite stamina/PKs or using exploits and glitches to get to areas Jason can't reach you (I.E. the old Packanack roof glitch), you are not just a troll, you're a piece of shit. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Just my own opinion here but when you start deliberately trying to be a toxic little shit, that's my definition of trolling. 

As to what constitutes being a toxic little shit, ask yourself this: Does what I'm doing have a legitimate, reasonable basis? If you're trying to kill Jason, constantly attacking him is kinda par for the course, so it's not trolling. If all you're doing is chain-stunning him so you can keep dancing on him, YES... you're being a toxic little shit.

If you're driving around to pick up counselors or to draw Jason's attention, that's not trolling, but it BECOMES trolling if you're doing it just to see if you can make him rage-quit. This is when it goes from legitimate and reasonable, to toxic. 

However, some things are so blatantly toxic there's no room for debate or legitimacy. If you're manipulating the situation into one in which Jason has no feasible way of countering (such as infinite stamina/PKs or using exploits and glitches to get to areas Jason can't reach you (I.E. the old Packanack roof glitch), you are not just a troll, you're a piece of shit. 

What is wrong with emotes? They added emotes so why not use em im not saying i use em to dance on jason 

I Dont think Trolling is a thing.

There is people out there who chose and have the right to refuse to follow Unwritten rules in society and refuse to follow common sense norms.

Having problems with understanding  normal,common sense behavior in society is a problem some people cant help.

You cant crucify someone who is weird or nerdy.

You cant PROVE That a Group that is Cooperating well with eachother in the game, and a group trying to kill Jason is not how the game was designed to work.

If the Game was not designed for players to cordinate against Jason,Then why even make Jason's cabin accessible and The Sweater Usable with Axe.

The Jason kill mechanism is one of the best decisions ever.

The Jason kill makes the game more like the movies and more fun.

Jason has way too many perks to play with.

Ive seen Jason's that move quick and slash Tommy first in the shack even when Jason's mask was off.

• Confused 2

The player isn't hacking, it's fair game.  The player can do anything he wants, and if Jason can do nothing to stop him, that's on him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, gettodachappa said:

The term trolling jason has been thrown around so many times that it seems like people have their own meaning some even said killing Jason is trolling jason

Trolling Jason is a thing. What constitutes "trolling" varies from player to player.

The classic pinata parties of the past are one example.

Running counselors over with the car to deny Jason a kill is another. (Jason teamers troll counselors in a similar manner.)

Suicide to deny Jason a kill is another way.

Spamming emotes is one that could go either way. The same could be said about looping.

Let's not forget about teabagging.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Those are still a thing currently on PC.Rage mode is basically back to original in the modded/hacked lobbies. It is impossible for Jason to "win" a match now on PC. If a counselor dies they can just rejoin the same lobby,almost every cabin has a Tommy Tower,there are 3-4 cars or boats or both on certain maps. Just a all out sandbox mode now and it doesn't look like it will be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Trolling Jason is a thing. What constitutes "trolling" varies from player to player.

Running counselors over with the car to deny Jason a kill is another. (Jason teamers troll counselors in a similar manner.)

Suicide to deny Jason a kill is another way.

Spamming emotes is one that could go either way. The same could be said about looping.

Let's not forget about teabagging.

There's no such thing as trolling. If Jason has thick enough skin and sticks it out, he can learn how to be a better player. If he rage quits like a child, he's never going to get better. Not every lobby is going to play out like a session of online bots. There are still decent players out there that can give a good J a run for his money.

On 6/2/2021 at 2:17 PM, Laotian Lam said:

Trolling is a very subjective term and the definition will vary between who you ask.  But at its simple core, Trolling is doing something to illicit a negative response from someone else.  Basically a troll is "baiting" you to react negatively to what they are doing or saying.  

Not being bothered by trolling behaviour doesn"t change the fact they are a troll (as suggested above).  It just makes them a crappy Troll.

@HaHaTrumpWon  @Strigoi  

Ok let me put it another way. As a skilled counselor, I'm not going to take it easy on an unskilled Jason just because he's new or just plain not good. If there's no other option than running the clock out jogging along ten feet in front of him the entire match then that's exactly what I'm going to do. If I think emoting will piss him off and cause him to make poor choices then I'll do that too.

Everyone that's ever played the game has suicided on at least one Jason that was either 1) an asshole, 2) a teamer, 3) a combination of the two, or 4) for whatever reason they just decided he wasn't worthy of the kill. That doesn't make it trolling. That just means Jason wasn't very good at finishing what he started.

On the other hand, if I'm Jason and I finally catch that asshole Chad that's been taking me on a scenic tour of the camp, you can bet I'm flipping into combat stance and doing a little victory dance on his body. If I'm in a kill lobby full of gang banging Vanessa's, I'm going to "Jason teabag" every kill. Like I said it's only trolling if you get all butthurt over it. 

Trolling is definitely a thing. I know it's true because I'm occasionally guilty. If somebody's cheating, teaming, or just in general being an obnoxious dick, I take great delight in making their lives miserable during the next match if I get the chance, and I definitely consider myself trolling while I do it.  The only difference is who I target, since I generally don't pick on newer players, or shit-talk people for nothing more than committing the cardinal sin of not being as good as me. Something a lot of people who still play this game could stand to learn.

We can sit here and carve out the Geneva Conventions for online gaming all day. Doesn't change the fact that "trolling", no matter your personal definition, only works if the other player lets it bother them.

This game is amazing for showing just how salty a person can get if their unstoppable killing machine turns out to be a scared little puppy in a hockey mask. I'd almost say they should have probably level matched lobbies, but I've seen some high level players that play like day 1 noobs.

28 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

everyone that's ever played the game has suicided on at least one Jason that was either 1) an asshole, 2) a teamer, a combination of the two, or for whatever reason they decided he wasn't worthy of the kill. That doesn't make it trolling. That just means Jason wasn't very good at finishing what he started.

Not arguing the first two, but when exactly do you consider Jason unworthy of getting the kill? If Jason is up the counselors ass and forces him to burn through all his resources to a point that the counselor is now limping and screwed, I'd say Jason has earned that kill. I bring up that example specifically since that's when I see the most attempted suicides. That and when I wipe out the rest of the lobby in 5-8 minutes, and the last 150 Chad decides to just kill themselves rather than even try to outlast me. 

When I see someone trying to suicide, I usually just laugh and watch them do it. I might try to toss a well-timed TK at them if I have any left over, and get the kill anyway. Doesn't bother me at all, same as rage-quitters. I still basically forced you to admit defeat, just as good as a kill to me.

16 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Not arguing the first two, but when exactly do you consider Jason unworthy of getting the kill? If Jason is up the counselors ass and forces him to burn through all his resources to a point that the counselor is now limping and screwed, I'd say Jason has earned that kill.

Yeah that's usually when they do it. A well timed throwing knife will finish them off if you can keep track of damage.

13 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Those are still a thing currently on PC.Rage mode is basically back to original in the modded/hacked lobbies. It is impossible for Jason to "win" a match now on PC. If a counselor dies they can just rejoin the same lobby,almost every cabin has a Tommy Tower,there are 3-4 cars or boats or both on certain maps. Just a all out sandbox mode now and it doesn't look like it will be fixed.

Such a shame. It's too bad we never got an official sandbox mode.

4 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Trolling is a very subjective term and the definition will vary between who you ask.

Truer words were never spoken.

• Like 3

The usual typical Vanessa, Chad players, who never play any other characters. Think they are great because they use swift attacker, with a high chance of stun perk as well. Like to just run around furniture and do silly emojis if they get a stun hit in. Usually teamed up with others, make no attempt to fix anything or escape. You can guarantee they will rage quit when they run out of first aid, Pk often even before you grab them. 🙄

• Thanks 1