slashmedaddy

The game was released four years ago today

Four years ago today I started playing the best game in the world, what were you looking forward to the most and what is your favorite memory?

• Like 2

Happy Slash-A-versary!!

Hopefully the good times will keep on rolling for quite a while longer!
I looked forward to all the amazing Kane Hodder motion captured kills we were teased with prior to launch..... and the killer sound track by Harry Manfredini.....

Nothing felt better than getting that first Environmental kill on a counselor..... Skewered by the camp fire.....😍

• Like 4

There's a lot to choose from, so I'll just name a few.

First time I showed this game to a gamer nephew of mine, I found the propeller and was explaining how since somebody had already filled it (the boat) with gas, we could install the propeller and escape. Cocksucker Buggzy shoots me, takes the propeller, and leaves (luckily, his sorry ass fucked up installing it and Jason killed him).

First time getting killed as Jason, I had no idea what they were doing. Sweater-Girl did her thing and I thought, "So THAT'S what's going on. Ok, this is kinda cool, but they must have done something wrong because I'm about to tap out of the stun and then they're all gonna di---  oh... it resets when you get dropped to your knees. Uh... nevermind".

First time KILLING Jason as Sweater-Girl, I had a Tommy Jarvis follow me around flashing his light for several minutes. Finally I just msg'ed him and asked him what he wanted, and he says he wants to kill Jason but needs me to help. I tell him I've never done this before, but he says all I have to do is wait until he starts flashing me, then hit triangle. We go to the shack, get the sweater, jog around for about five minutes looking for Jason, then decide to just escape since it looks like he's going to be a no-show. We get over to the 4-seater and Jason finally decides to come see who's trying to fix the car. Tommy flashes, sweater's used, and a Savini Jason drops dead and promptly host-quits (that sounds so familiar.... hmmmm...)

First time killing Jason as Tommy, I spawn in and very shortly afterwards am approached by a Vanessa who flashes her light and leads me to Sweater-Girl (this was after first time as SG, so I had a pretty good idea what she wanted). We get over to the others and a P3 is royally getting his ass kicked. SG does her thing, someone hits him with a bat, he drops, I hit X, p3 goes kaput.

First time driving the car, I think Jason just felt bad for me and let me go because the worst Jason on Planet Earth could have stopped a car that crashed every 10 feet and was driving slow enough to make MIss Daisy start screaming "Hurry the fuck up!"

Looking foward for a game that is energetic and decent like F13 the Game.

The best memory I had was one day where my friend was Jason, I was Lachappa and I was the only one left. He was really cocky bragging that he was too good, that it was ez, that there was no escape bla bla bla. I tried to start the car, wasn't fast enough he grabbed me. The car was close to a rock on the round road in packanack. When I broke free from the grab I ran towards the rock, and the unthinkable happened: LACHAPPA STARTED TO FREAKING FLY.

Everyone exploded in laughter, the cocky Jason got really frustated and started the "it is not fair" while I danced and smash that V-I-C-T-O-R-Y on his face for the last 6 min. Best match ever.

• Like 1

To give Jason his balls back and wash away the nasty taste the NES game left in a lot of people's mouths. (Though I still kind of like that game) Jason deserved another shot, but I had no idea how much this game was going to mean to me once I finally sucked up my pride and forced myself to pay that 1$ for three months of Xbox Gold. 😂 Rarely a day has gone by where I haven't play a match or two since.

If we're talking early memories of the game, I'm afraid I don't have many... Probably because I was a noob and wasn't doing anything particularly memorable yet. What I do remember fondly is my slow steady progression learning to play Jason. From being so excited to play Jason for first time only for more than half the lobby to escape in the four-seated in around three minutes, leaving me wondering what the fuck just happened. Then once I got the cars figured out, suddenly I was getting the police called on me every match until I finally noticed the little phone icon on the map and figured out my dumbass might want to trap that box, and a few matches later finally figuring out that weird misshapen building on my map was my shack. To this day I think that's main reason I still have empathy for Noob Jason's, because I know from experience  that they really don't know what they're doing. It doesn't mean I don't have my fun with them from time to time, but I've never abused anyone or called anyone trash or garbage for not being as good as me... Or better than me for that matter. (You know the types I'm talking about) It's one thing when it's funny, but when you're being a dick just to be a dick then well... You're just a dick. 

Overall, my favorite memories are usually from those nights you find a lobby of fun people to play with who are competitive but don't take themselves too seriously and ruin the fun. The weird shit always stands out to me... Like those private matches playing bumper cars with friends. If you could break those cars just right, Jason could start swatting that vehicle all over the map. Never quite achieved my goal of getting the car up on the roof of Higgins, but still, good times. 

49 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Never quite achieved my goal of getting the car up on the roof of Higgins, but still, good times. 

The roof glitches were definitely something else back when the game first released lol and I always loved when jason would throw a knife at my car and send it to the moon or on top of a roof haha 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

There's a lot to choose from, so I'll just name a few.

First time I showed this game to a gamer nephew of mine, I found the propeller and was explaining how since somebody had already filled it (the boat) with gas, we could install the propeller and escape. Cocksucker Buggzy shoots me, takes the propeller, and leaves (luckily, his sorry ass fucked up installing it and Jason killed him).

First time getting killed as Jason, I had no idea what they were doing. Sweater-Girl did her thing and I thought, "So THAT'S what's going on. Ok, this is kinda cool, but they must have done something wrong because I'm about to tap out of the stun and then they're all gonna di---  oh... it resets when you get dropped to your knees. Uh... nevermind".

First time KILLING Jason as Sweater-Girl, I had a Tommy Jarvis follow me around flashing his light for several minutes. Finally I just msg'ed him and asked him what he wanted, and he says he wants to kill Jason but needs me to help. I tell him I've never done this before, but he says all I have to do is wait until he starts flashing me, then hit triangle. We go to the shack, get the sweater, jog around for about five minutes looking for Jason, then decide to just escape since it looks like he's going to be a no-show. We get over to the 4-seater and Jason finally decides to come see who's trying to fix the car. Tommy flashes, sweater's used, and a Savini Jason drops dead and promptly host-quits (that sounds so familiar.... hmmmm...)

First time killing Jason as Tommy, I spawn in and very shortly afterwards am approached by a Vanessa who flashes her light and leads me to Sweater-Girl (this was after first time as SG, so I had a pretty good idea what she wanted). We get over to the others and a P3 is royally getting his ass kicked. SG does her thing, someone hits him with a bat, he drops, I hit X, p3 goes kaput.

First time driving the car, I think Jason just felt bad for me and let me go because the worst Jason on Planet Earth could have stopped a car that crashed every 10 feet and was driving slow enough to make MIss Daisy start screaming "Hurry the fuck up!"

Accomplishing all of those for the first time are definitely some of my favorite memories as well, everyone being a noob was actually pretty fun back in the day  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

I tried to start the car, wasn't fast enough he grabbed me. The car was close to a rock on the round road in packanack. When I broke free from the grab I ran towards the rock, and the unthinkable happened: LACHAPPA STARTED TO FREAKING FLY.

Everyone exploded in laughter, the cocky Jason got really frustated and started the "it is not fair" while I danced and smash that V-I-C-T-O-R-Y on his face for the last 6 min. Best match ever.

I miss those glitches, i've seen it happen to a speedo chad and shelly haha, too bad I never got the chance to see the mighty LaChappa fly like an eagle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to believe it's been four years.

• Like 4

My roommates at the time was playing this game on release, while I didn't play, I was enjoying watching them and found the game interesting and left an impression.  I didn't play until 6 months later that my brother happened to purchased the game after watching the AVGN video right around the physical disc release.  Then I unfortunately got addicted to the game, lol :P

Some of my best memories were:

- Learning the game, consuming as much resources I can from here, reddit, steam guided, "Neo's" Counselor Combat Video, etc to catch up and surpass players playing since launch.

- Running from Jason, then getting flatten by the 4 Seater with 4 "Goku" Chads.  Taught me not to take this game seriously at all lol.

- Managed to get games with streames I've been watching since I started playing. www.youtube.com/watch?v=swk1p_zotsk&t=38m54s

- Killing a somewhat well known PC Jason player at time that resulted in a backlash with community there since it was his first time dying.  He acted poorly, got flack for it, and then disappeared from the game.  Not necessarily proud of it (I don't care really), but quite a memory since grown people acting like children lol.

- Every game I get call a "Hacker" :P (not a hacker).

- Every person/player I got to know and all the shenanigans we got ourselves in. 

• Like 1

I remember my first game, a player was waiting at the wheel of the car which was smoking excessively when Jason stopped him(at the time). I ask him to start it, he tells me no, I have to wait for the battery to cool down and no more smoke. I believed this until the max lvl then I realized later that he was surely playing with Jason and that it was a trap.

I lost this innocence today 🤭

4 years, that’s quite a surprise. Has it really been so long? 
I found the game by accident, there was a YouTuber playing it and back then I didn’t really have any interest in let’s plays or that kind of thing..... but it was Friday, so I clicked on it. I watched the whole thing.... then I watched another, and another. I watched all of that YouTuber’s content, then watched everything the devs had released about the game and development.

It felt like hundreds of hours of my childhood had been overheard, all those discussions about how it could work or how you’d survive, distilled it into a video game. I had fallen out of playing games, real life had intruded on my time to such an extent that I simply didn’t have the time for a few years. Now I had hours to kill during the day when I wasn’t working. So for Christmas we bought a new console, TV, headset and a single game, Friday. This game made me realize I wasn’t as burnt out on games as I’d thought when I stopped having time to play. That my break had given me new perspective on what was possible and enjoyable about games but it wouldn’t have happened without this game. 

Still can’t believe it’s been four years, but glad it has been too. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mayday said:

I ask him to start it, he tells me no, I have to wait for the battery to cool down and no more smoke. I believed this until the max lvl then I realized later that he was surely playing with Jason and that it was a trap.

I lost this innocence today 🤭

Sounds like fun hahaha

• Haha 1

I remember the first Private Match I played which was also the first time i used my mic.  

I had Jason on my ass right from the start on HH and went running aimlessly through the woods and onto the cliffs somehow.  When i finally find a walkie the host berates me for the rest of the match and then boots me for "glitching". Sigh. 

No dude.  I just suck that bad.

• Haha 3

I was looking forward to more maps and playable counselors/Jasons. Just more content in general as this game had a lot of potential.

My best memories are all from the earlier years of the game. It’s those memories that will bring me back to play again from time to time, but it’s just not the same for me nowadays. Creating the Sacred Branch lore with The Chad was some of my best fun as I could play that in solo quick play and still have fun.