Do you consider stn toxic like some jason players says? Had a few of them agreeing stn is toxic. What do you all think about this?

No. Surviving the night is a legitimate victory. There are times when a counselor is the only one left (everyone else has escaped or died).

Now if the cops are called, or a car is running and either option has a good chance of success, I would rather choose one of those instead of running out the clock. Surviving the night in the same lobby more than once gets old very fast for some players.

I suspect the "toxic" perception comes from counselors running less experienced Jason players around furniture, with or without trash talking.

• Like 3

No. For some players surviving the night is just the way they like to play. It's what's fun for them. I personally don't do it much anymore unless I know the match is close to over, since It's not fun for me anymore, when I'm playing solo anyway... Unless I'm LaChappa... That's the only scenario where I really enjoy running Jason around anymore. Otherwise, if it's just me left with half the match left and no clear path to escape, I usually try to demask Jason and then let him kill me. Get on to the next match already. As Jason, I enjoy a good long one-on-one chase with a really good counselor at the end of the match. That's some of the most fun I have as Jason, so no I have no problem with Counselors who try to outlast me the full twenty. The ones that do complain, it's probably because they can't catch the ones who can do it. Some Jason players really do expect counselors to jump right in their hand. Every player having their own set of rules is really getting tiring. Just play the way that's most fun for you and stop bellyaching about the way others play as long as your not cheating or teaming. 

• Like 1

I'd say it was more toxic in old rage because old rage was basically useless for Jason, even if it was more balanced for all the counselors, while unfortunately making meta counselors even better. In new rage, a timeout win is more legit, but also pretty impossible as a non meta unless the Jason is just dirt poor as it pushes the already lopsided meta even further towards meta in late game.

I don't agree that it is a victory, since it doesn't show a kill for Jason nor a escape for the counselor. I think officially it should be considered a tie.

However, I see that as a lost, because anyone left behind with Jason is a dead person to me. Plus, if time was infinite Jason would eventually catch and kill the counselor. But it is better to lose dancing rather than with your head popped, so IMO it is the best way to lose.

That being said, I don't think it is toxic. 

7 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

Do you consider stn toxic like some jason players says?

If the player is purposely using Vanessa (or other high stam counselor) just so they can loop Jason around tables the whole match and make no attempt at escaping or helping other counselors to escape then kinda-sorta-yeah.  Although I would be more annoyed being another counselor who is stuck spectating a looper trying to stn than I would be Jason trying to catch them. 

You know, I've thought about this a little more, and I think it's one of those situations where it's not the tactic itself that's toxic, but it's the player themselves and how they go about it that can sometimes make the tactic toxic. It's the same with most of the topics you've broached recently. It depends a lot on the attitude of the player. I have no problem with anyone just trying to survive or who enjoys trying to outlast Jason the full twenty... If you're doing it just to torment a noob Jason or waste everybody else time...  Basically the climbing on a rock and dancing for twenty minutes mentality, then you probably are a toxic dickhead. Again though, that's more the player, not the tactic itself. 

I generally don't go for car escapes unless it's near the end of the match since I find them kind of boring. I prefer to stay on the map as long as feasibly possible, so I have no problem giving up my seat in the car to someone who likely needs that escape a lot more than I do. I recall one match in particular a while back in a lobby with mostly newer players... Anyway, I had the keys and basically put the four-seater together myself, but somewhere during that process I wound up with four other counselor loitering around me. I knew I'd probably be fine, so I said fuck it,  dropped the keys and ran off. Basically I gifted the four little ass-whips an escape. Turns out that just left me and Jason shortly after, and Jason proved to be an obnoxious little prick, and I quickly decided I had no interest in letting him kill me... So I just ran his ass around the map for the last 10 minutes or so while he cursed me the entire time and tried to convince me I was trash somehow for doing it. 😂 Anyway, once time finally ran out, three of the assholes who escaped via the car earlier sprouted mics and started to cuss me out for wasting their time. The same assholes I giftwrapped an escape for, coughed up the keys and gave up my seat in the car for, expected me to immediately fall on Jason's sword for them too.

I'm sorry, but who sounds more TOXIC in this situation.

9 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It depends a lot on the attitude of the player.

This applies to so many scenarios.

• Like 3

Depends on the player, Vanessa players when you're out of knives, traps and just running around furniture trying to show off, then yes a little. 

If you have no other options to realistically escape and are just trying to survive as long as you can then that's not toxic and surving the night is a win for the counselor. 

i understand that vanessa has a lot of stamina so they tend to run around furniture like retards. however, they still have a finite amount of stamina, you dont. just tire them and then slash away, then bathe in their tears.

no retard has ever successfuly survived the night by running around when im jason.

• Like 1

The only way I would consider “stn” toxic is if, cops are on the scene very early in the round and the only person planning on “stn” is just intending to hold the lobby hostage by trolling Jason. If it’s still more than 10 minutes in the match and the cops are there, make it to the cops and start a new round. This applies to low level Jason’s of course. 

3 hours ago, aaronmollet13 said:

its literally the point of the game. to survive the night 

"Surviving the night" in this context is when you're still alive once the time limit runs out. If the cops have been there for 10+ minutes and you're the only one still alive, but instead of running to them you're  running around looting cabins, setting traps, and getting ready to kite Jason all over the map, YES, you're fucking toxic. All you're doing is forcing everybody else to sit there and watch your retarded ass waste everyone elses time because you want to be a smug little shithead. I have friends who do this and every time they do, I start rooting for Jason. It might be fun for you, but it's not fun for everyone having to sit there and wait.

Bottom line: RUN TO THE FUCKING POLICE AND STOP MAKING EVERYONE ELSE WATCH YOUR DICK MEASURING CONTEST WITH JASON.