When I came back as Tommy I didn't have no fancy pocket knife, or medical spray.  All I had was a shotgun and a dream.

What else back in the day did you deal with that newer players never had to deal with?

Umm... You really want to do this? Let's see, Battle-Chad teabag stun parties, two or three hit demaskings, getting stunned through doors, 1500 Pocket Knives per map, rocket cars, roof glitches, rock climbers, PK and stamina glitches, broken perks, and randomization glitches. And that's just off the top of my head. 😂 

All and all, none of those bother me though. The learning curve for new players is so brutal and steep, I'd say it's an even tradeoff. The only thing that bothers me is permanent Double XP. While I admit to being a bit salty that I had to grind my balls off to earn my level while these little fuckers don't, it bothers me more because you can't tell who knows what they're doing anymore. A level 50 Jason should know to trap objectives and recognize the sound ques when you fuck up said objective... Ugh...   It's also creating a new crop of toxic entitled little ass-wipes that think they're a lot better then they actually are, only to get totally shell-shocked when they go up against a Jason or Counselor that actually knows what they're doing, so they start accusing everyone of exploiting or cheating. Had a level 50 Tiffany the other day bragging about how I was never going to be able to touch him. I stalk-shifted on him later in the match, and he went on a tangent about how luck it was, blah blah, blah, insert generic salty comment here. I just told him that wasn't luck, that was three years+ worth of experience that knew exactly how to deal with guys like you who do nothing but run around exploiting your high stamina characters thinking your bitch ass should be untouchable.

The time when Camp Crystal Lake was known as Fort Crystal Lake with all those extra knives back then stands out.

The braindead bots on the Jarvis House map bring back memories as well.

• Like 5

On 5/11/2021 at 12:08 AM, Fair Play said:

The braindead bots on the Jarvis House map bring back memories as well.

i liked gathering them all up & slashing them to death all at once LOL

4 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

i liked gathering them all up & slashing them to death all at once LOL

Same here.

• Like 3

1)Combat stance tanking crazy shit like traps or  firecrackers

2)Super fast grab that could be used during combat (with considerabçe speed while grabbing and meat shield)

3)Boat was somewhat useful cuz it didn't make sound when started

4)OP thick skinned

5)Small-eye Tiffany

6) 20 minutes to find a lobby to end up crashing

7)Fininding 7 friends to play with you in a private match in less than 5 min (that is what I miss the most ;_;)

The ability to slash /Break windows without prompt......

I miss this so much...... it just felt more fluid.... for Jason gameplay.

parts not showing up on the map when picked up.....I still feel this was better as it created a more “is there a part in this cabin feel to the game..”

damn Trolls for taking away our nice things....

and for this that changed for the better...

Part 7’s original strengths and weaknesses...... they sucked glad they changed them.

trap stacking gone....

19 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

.damn Trolls for taking away our nice things....

That happened way too often.

• Like 3

I was playing offline bots the other day and Tommy killed a counselor with a shotgun for no apparent reason and it reminded me of the not-so-good ole days days when friendly fire was active in QP.  Made me laugh that even Bot-Tommy has become a troll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

trap stacking gone....

This still pisses me off to this day, especially since we were told it wouldn't affect re-trapping objectives if all of the traps put down the first time were used up (I.E. If you trap the fuse-box and someone tanks it, you're supposed to be able to drop another trap in the same spot. I don't remember who said it, so I'm just going to call them Lying-ass Motherfucker because that's what they are. 

On 5/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

parts not showing up on the map when picked up.....I still feel this was better as it created a more “is there a part in this cabin feel to the game..”

I'm on the fence on this one. Parts showing up on the map DOES break immersion a bit, but it's still better than having to go over the map with a fine-tooth comb looking for parts because some douchebag thought it'd be cute to drop them in the most obscure location possible just to be a troll (inside Jason's shack, on the roof, on one of the rocks in the middle of the lake, etc...)

On 5/18/2021 at 2:23 PM, Laotian Lam said:

I was playing offline bots the other day and Tommy killed a counselor with a shotgun for no apparent reason and it reminded me of the not-so-good ole days days when friendly fire was active in QP.

You haven't had the full Friday the 13th: The Game experience until you've been gunned down by in the middle of a repair by some team-killing little cocksucker. 

Let's not forget about getting infinitely stunned when breaking through a door/wall in rage-mode. 

• Like 1

Wanted to add one more I didn't remember until now: all the dumbasses who glitched to the Packanack roof that thought they were safe only to find out a few minutes later that Jason can indeed follow their ass up there and kill them. Aside from not being picked as Jason and being grabbed with no PKs, I think this is where most of the rage-quits I've seen came from. Counselors used to quit on me the second they realized that yes, I really did follow them up there, and yes, I really am going to kill their sorry asses (which was actually pretty easy seeing as how they've basically trapped themselves in a small area with nowhere to run to, and the options were either run back and forth, or jump down).

• Like 1

If only there was a time machine to bring us all back to 2017, I never appreciated the game as much as I do now. I really had the best summer ever because of this stupid broken game and I miss it all so much 

• Like 3