Killing newbie jason bannable or no?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should killing noob jason be a bannable offense

• Yes
    • No

No. If noob Jasons don't die, they don't learn. I was killed many times as a noob Jason, and that is why I am better now. Plus this is not an offense this is regular gameplay, nothing wrong whatsoever. 

It's toxicity and trolling of kill squads that is bad, especially for new players.

Uh, what? I'm sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Is a highly experienced player killing a noob Jason kind of a dick move? Yes, and I hardly see the point since it takes absolutely no skill whatsoever. It's borderline trollish, since I can't think of any other reason to fucking around with a LV3 Jason probably playing him for the first time. Bannable though no. That's just stupid. 

The real problem is telling who the Noobs are nowadays. My friends and I used to have a Part IV rule... Meaning if you were high enough level to have unlocked P4, you've probably had enough experience to be killed. With permeant Double XP though, now I see Level 40 and even Level 50 Jason's who still don't know to trap objectives, and won't bother to show up to the fuse house no matter how many times you fuck it up. Now we've resorted to a 'trap' rule... Especially if they trap the shack or are noticeably taking other steps to actively protect yourself from the kill. It shows awareness and makes you a viable target in our eyes since you can actually learn something even if we do hand your ass to you. A single-digit Noob who probably doesn't even realize Jason can be killed, isn't learning shit... Except that he can indeed be killed.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

It' toxicity and trolling of kill squads that is bad, especially for new players.

This is absolutely true. Fuck up their little kill though if you really want to see these guys get toxic. It's not all kill squads, but the ones that are, are some of the whiniest little bitches in this game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Uh, what? I'm sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Is a highly experienced player killing a noob Jason kind of a dick move? Yes, and I hardly see the point since it takes absolutely no skill whatsoever. It's borderline trollish, since I can't think of any other reason to fucking around with a LV3 Jason probably playing him for the first time. Bannable though no. That's just stupid. 

The real problem is telling who the Noobs are nowadays. My friends and I used to have a Part IV rule... Meaning if you were high enough level to have unlocked P4, you've probably had enough experience to be killed. With permeant Double XP though, now I see Level 40 and even Level 50 Jason's who still don't know to trap objectives, and won't bother to show up to the fuse house no matter how many times you fuck it up. Now we've resorted to a 'trap' rule... Especially if they trap the shack or are noticeably taking other steps to actively protect yourself from the kill. It shows awareness and makes you a viable target in our eyes since you can actually learn something even if we do hand your ass to you. A single-digit Noob who probably doesn't even realize Jason can be killed, isn't learning shit... Except that he can indeed be killed.

This is absolutely true. Fuck up their little kill though if you really want to see these guys get toxic. It's not all kill squads, but the ones that are, are some of the whiniest little bitches in this game.

If a newbie jason is killed he'll just know jason can be killed he won't get better at dealing with them until he has experience with them

7 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

Should killing noob jason be a bannable offense?

Should breathing air be a bannable offense? What about not eating all of your vegetables? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Should breathing air be a bannable offense? What about not eating all of your vegetables? 

Of course breathing air is a crime against humanity eating vegetables is eating humans😂

my buddy once decided not to kill a noob Jason and just escape. When we left we realized he had a friend helping him. After that we give no mercy to noob Jasons.

8 hours ago, Ih8teamers said:

my buddy once decided not to kill a noob Jason and just escape. When we left we realized he had a friend helping him. After that we give no mercy to noob Jasons.

So every noob has to pay because one guy cheated? Holy overreaction Batman! Take it out on the guys actually cheating, not everybody else. I've dealt with noob teamers before, they're total clown shows. Easy to fuck with... Fun too. If they actually semi look like they know what they're doing, then they're not really Noobs. You gotta pay attention to the way they react and play, not necessarily what level they are. Level's don't mean jack anymore. 

5 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

So every noob has to pay because one guy cheated? Holy overreaction Batman! Take it out on the guys actually cheating, not everybody else. I've dealt with noob teamers before, they're total clown shows. Easy to fuck with... Fun too. If they actually semi look like they know what they're doing, then they're not really Noobs. You gotta pay attention to the way they react and play, not necessarily what level they are. Level's don't mean jack anymore. 

Even if Jason isn't cheating I don't feel bad killing them.  Killing Jason is a legit way to win the game.  

It boils down to how easy it is to kill him.Even a totally new player should have a relatively decent chance to thwart off even the most experienced kill squad IF the kill was as difficult as it should be just my personal opinion.I'm taking teaming out of the scenario. 1.333% chance was established way back at the beginning by the actual programmers who would know all the ins and outs of the game. That was before any nerfs happened of course but in my opinion it should be no higher than a 3% chance regardless of skill level,I guarantee it's more around 15- 20% or higher now.

Well, this certainly turned out one-sided, didn't it?  ^_^

As someone who has never missed an opportunity to argue for Jason being buffed to high-heaven, I think killing n00b Jason's is kind of a dick move, but it shouldn't be bannable. Consider this: How would you determine what qualifies as a 'n00b'? If you say "low-level", what about all the bored 150's with smurf accounts? If you say "poor Shift-grab accuracy", what about those with shitty ping / those who have trouble seeing (if sense isn't on, I'm probably gonna miss the grab unless it's indoors)? If you say "Those who haven't scored a kill by the ten-minute mark", what about the ones who are simply slow killers or like collecting a shitload of knives/breaking down a shitload of doors before really going after anyone? 

If you say "Well, watching Jason play for a few minutes will tell you if he's a n00b or not", what about the 150's who put in God-only-knows how many hours playing but still make colossal fuck-ups like this guy?

If he hadn't weapon-swapped, I'd have sworn he was a n00b simply by his lack of defensive playing *standing there trading hits with Vanessa's with machetes is fucking retarded no matter how much experience you have).

In my matches Jarvis has no idea that you can kill Jason 🥴. If killing Jason is easy, finding the right Jarvis isn't

58 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Well, this certainly turned out one-sided, didn't it?  ^_^

As someone who has never missed an opportunity to argue for Jason being buffed to high-heaven, I think killing n00b Jason's is kind of a dick move, but it shouldn't be bannable. Consider this: How would you determine what qualifies as a 'n00b'? If you say "low-level", what about all the bored 150's with smurf accounts? If you say "poor Shift-grab accuracy", what about those with shitty ping / those who have trouble seeing (if sense isn't on, I'm probably gonna miss the grab unless it's indoors)? If you say "Those who haven't scored a kill by the ten-minute mark", what about the ones who are simply slow killers or like collecting a shitload of knives/breaking down a shitload of doors before really going after anyone? 

If you say "Well, watching Jason play for a few minutes will tell you if he's a n00b or not", what about the 150's who put in God-only-knows how many hours playing but still make colossal fuck-ups like this guy?

If he hadn't weapon-swapped, I'd have sworn he was a n00b simply by his lack of defensive playing *standing there trading hits with Vanessa's with machetes is fucking retarded no matter how much experience you have).

Ewe, that's ugly. Maybe he gave the controller to his baby sister for a match? I did it to both my brother and my wife once each. She made it about 8 minutes before she threw my controller back at me. 

25 minutes ago, Mayday said:

I If killing Jason is easy, finding the right Jarvis isn't

In most matches this is the only hard part.

3 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

In most matches this is the only hard part.

I'm inclined to believe the hardest part of killing Jason is getting him to kill your teams "attack dogs" before anyone else. The best kill-squad in the world is still SOL if a clueless random comes back as Tommy. I'm sure anyone who's killed a decent number of Jason's knows how it feels to get dumped into a lobby full of idiots, start the round, and run all over the map trying to find Jason only to check the scoreboard and see that he's already offed someone (or even worse, Tommy's already back but is being played by one of those retards who literally follow you around all game hitting you with a baseball bat).

On 5/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, gettodachappa said:

Should killing noob jason be a bannable offense?

No.

On 5/7/2021 at 7:50 PM, Carlso said:

It's toxicity and trolling of kill squads that is bad, especially for new players.

That frustration pushes some players to adapt, if it doesn't scare them off.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:20 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

The real problem is telling who the Noobs are nowadays. 

It can be tough to identify a newcomer. If someone is faking, they'll be exposed soon enough, especially if they stick around for another match.

On 5/8/2021 at 6:10 PM, Ih8teamers said:

Even if Jason isn't cheating I don't feel bad killing them.  Killing Jason is a legit way to win the game.  

It is a legit tactic. The problem is that it will run new players away from the game if all they encounter is merciless kill squads.

16 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It boils down to how easy it is to kill him.Even a totally new player should have a relatively decent chance to thwart off even the most experienced kill squad IF the kill was as difficult as it should be just my personal opinion.I'm taking teaming out of the scenario. 1.333% chance was established way back at the beginning by the actual programmers who would know all the ins and outs of the game. That was before any nerfs happened of course but in my opinion it should be no higher than a 3% chance regardless of skill level,I guarantee it's more around 15- 20% or higher now.

The developers knew the ins and outs, but the player base gained more field experience from playing against many more people, and adapting over time. The players will never agree on what the rate of killing Jason should be.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It is a legit tactic. The problem is that it will run new players away from the game if all they encounter is merciless kill squads.

This.

Obviously not, nor should it ever be a bannable offense. That said, I usually pass on the option to kill Jason when it's a newer player who is noticeably struggling to learn the ropes. Feels like slapping a blind man or something.

• Like 1

i dont tend to be lenient with newbs.

theres the option to play offline which is basically a jason tutorial. if you go straight to online withouth playing the "tutorial" first, then its your own fault you dont know how to do shit.

conversely, works for me since i can go fetch items with relative ease. and if its a map with a boat, even better because more likely than not the newb will mistake the noise (if i miss a qte) with that of the car, will teleport to it, and ill have time to sail away.

6 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

i dont tend to be lenient with newbs.

theres the option to play offline which is basically a jason tutorial. if you go straight to online withouth playing the "tutorial" first, then its your own fault you dont know how to do shit.

conversely, works for me since i can go fetch items with relative ease. and if its a map with a boat, even better because more likely than not the newb will mistake the noise (if i miss a qte) with that of the car, will teleport to it, and ill have time to sail away.

That's probably how a lot of players got easy boat escapes.

• Like 2