Carlso

Is what Gun doing the best aproach?

What do you think about Gun.  

4 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you think about Gun banning streamers for playing mods?

• I agree.
    • I don't care.
    • I don't agree, but still intend to buy Gun's stuff.
    • I don't agree and don't intend to buy Gun's stuff.
    • I don't agree and I'm willing to cancel Gun.
  2. 2. Would you like to play in mods?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Are you interested in buying future Gun's stuff?

• Yes.
    • I'm not sure. Maybe if the future games are good I'll buy.
    • No, because no.
    • No, because I don't trust Gun due to poor administration with copy rights.
    • No, because I don't think Gun admistrated F13 the Game well.
    • No, because Gun is banning people for using mods.

As everyone might already know, Gun banned several streamers and it is clearly not happy with the Re-Slashed or Definite Edition.

While I was seeing comments, people seemed to be revolted with Gun, even talking about not buying Gun's stuff anymore and even cancelling Gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1DpSz0xNuo

Is that the best aproach? In the long run, is making so many fans angry worth it to have control over the game? What should expect for the future of Gun?

I wish Gun the best, however I fear for its future.

Is that the best aproach Gun could've made? If so, what would be a better aproach for Gun?

PS: This is not to point fingers at Gun or harass anyone, this is to debate the future and make constructive criticism. 

I Hope Gun media opens there next HUUUGE HORROR FRANCHISE Titled game to mods where fans can buy more stuff.

What people must seriously understand is this is a licensed IP. I'm assuming the team was given strict rules on what they could and could not do, and this is quite likely why mods were not allowed.

Streamers that decide to showcase these mods that have recently surfaced and may have been penalised would have been rightly actioned; it states clearly in the EULA that modding is not allowed. Streamers don't get special treatment for such blatant disregard, they've essentially painted targets on themselves saying "I broke the EULA and I'm using a mod I shouldn't be!" To assume Gun is doing anything other than what they are legally entitled and likely required to do is foolish. You don't publicly broadcast your breaking of the EULA and expect to be treated differently because you think your name carries some kind of weight.

If people are unfamiliar with the EULA, it's essentially a legal document granting each user a license to use Gun's software (the software in question is the game). I suggest each person at least take a look at it so they can understand why the things that may have transpired have done so. I'm not privvy to any special information so that's why I'm saying "may have happened".

I'm going to close this thread as it's seemingly founded on a lack of understanding; people are assuming Gun just want to shut people down because they want to. Try to understand the legality associated with what's happening here because you're painting a wrong image of them.

• Thanks 1