Sign in to follow this  
Carlso

Does F13 mod really hurts Gun?

Can Miller harm Gun in someway if Gun does nothing about the mod? Can this mode be a way to escape the judge's decision? Is that why Gun and moderators are treating the mod like a tabo? I would like to read honest answers fo what you guys know, doesn't matter if it is needed to close this thing after. If not, I'll be sad, but understand.

@mattshotcha @Kodiak @JPops

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Carlso said:

Can Miller harm Gun in someway if Gun does nothing about the mod? Can this mode be a way to escape the judge's decision? Is that why Gun and moderators are treating the mod like a tabo? I would like to read honest answers fo what you guys know, doesn't matter if it is needed to close this thing after. If not, I'll be sad, but understand.

You tagged the wrooong 2 mods.

Kodiak and Jpops are not Gun media employees and they will just shut this thread down.

You might have better luck with just tagging mattshotcha.

mattshotcha has all ready informed us that he doesent want to be tagged and he has all ready talked to us to death on this forum about why there can be no more content and why the game can not be opened to mods.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Carlso said:

I am sorry, but I’m not going into the legal minefield of the lawsuit and what that all entails. I’ve already talked in depth on why mods in F13 are not allowed. That’s been the case for this games entire existence. That didn’t change just because the game content had to stop. 

All that being said, we didn’t target and shutdown anything. We used the same ban process we’ve been using for my entire time at Gun. That process is in place to ensure that bans are handled cleanly. I understand how it might look, but we did nothing to change our process or otherwise target anyone.

I hope that at least somewhat answered your question.

29 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

You tagged the wrooong 2 mods.

Kodiak and Jpops are not Gun media employees and they will just shut this thread down.

You might have better luck with just tagging mattshotcha.

mattshotcha has all ready informed us that he doesent want to be tagged and he has all ready talked to us to death on this forum about why there can be no more content and why the game can not be opened to mods.

No need to throw any shade at the mods. They close threads in accordance with the rules set by Gun. If you’re angry about a thread being closed, be angry at me not them.

Also, I said I DO want to be tagged if you have questions. I don’t know if that’s a typo or if maybe you misunderstood me. I never I said I didn’t want to be tagged. Tag me in every thread you have questions about, that’s good with me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Well OP to answer the question of does a F13 mod really hurt Gun? The the simple answer is yes. Yes it does. It does in the way of in which it is being implemented. I elaborated my opinion a bit on Steam in a similar discussion in this thread mates.😎

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/3132792921903591129/?ctp=2#c3132793555957320047

I'll give the short version here. The reason it hurts Gun is because it impacts up on the community services being provided by Gun. Think of it like this. If your playing Diablo 2 and you decide you want to try and play one of the community modded versions online with people. Fine no problem. It's all good. Right? Now imagine this. How you think Blizzard would react if in order to play in those communities and for them to actually function they had to hijack off of Blizzards services being provided? Interfering with Blizzards core player base. Just how you think they would react to that man? I'll tell you how they would react. It'd turn in to a poop show. It'd be pee pee pants city here real soon mate. lol So the fact that Matt has essentially said so far the big dog hasn't gotten off the porch yet to bite should send the message out to people that right now they all are real lucky. My best advice for them is to quit while they are ahead and let the sleeping dog lay otherwise risk becoming dog poo and then they will need to be careful where the dog poos them. Lmao!!!!😎

Edited by KOOLLAYDTAC
Corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modding in this game can be seen as hurtful. Redirecting players to matches with multiple instances of Jason and Tommy is hurting the PC portion of the player base. Perhaps all PC players may not feel that way, but some do.

If the lawsuit wasn't a thing and if Gun was ok with modding, it would have been nice seeing what the community could have come up with. Despite the official word being "no" to modding, people will still do it, regardless of the consequences.

• Like 5

Was the project that was being talked about these days really canceled?

2 hours ago, The Rain said:

Was the project that was being talked about these days really canceled?

Nope, but Gun is banning who strams content of those mods. 

5 hours ago, Carlso said:

Good to know.

16 hours ago, Carlso said:

That's not accurate at all.

We're following the same ban process we have followed for my entire time at Gun. And while I cannot share the specifics of any players ban with anyone other than that player, I can share some key info on the process.

ANY time we can independently verify for ourselves or corroborate a player report with information and evidence present on our side, we ban the player. We NEVER ban anyone off of a player report solely, and we also NEVER ban players for something we can not independently verify through the actual game account. So in short, keep your game account clean or get banned. That's always been the case. We're not just sitting here watching Twitch and banning people who stream something. That's not how that works at all.

Changing those protocols one way or the other would be unfair to anyone banned by those protocols previously. So they will be followed for as long as people play the game.

• Like 1

Obviously anyone affiliated with Gun won't publicly endorse the mods, more specifically a certain one currently making the rounds. But, you guys know you'll be playing it. 😄

Time for an entirely different game with an entirely different structure, in my opinion. If there's an F13 fan game it should be built on completely independent assets and the maps and gameplay should be much different as well. Like the difference between RE2(PSOne) and RE7.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:14 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Time for an entirely different game with an entirely different structure, in my opinion. If there's an F13 fan game it should be built on completely independent assets and the maps and gameplay should be much different as well. Like the difference between RE2(PSOne) and RE7.

I'm counting on a fan game or two to surface sooner or later.

• Like 5

This is really a complex situation because it hurts the online aspect of the game but does it hurt the offline if people use mods?

• Like 1

The new "Edition" that was modded for PC seems to be the only reason people have to play on PC anymore.  So in some aspects I'd say it is helping more than hurting.

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

The new "Edition" that was modded for PC seems to be the only reason people have to play on PC anymore.  So in some aspects I'd say it is helping more than hurting.

I agree. I bought it on Steam recently just so I could try the new stuff and I almost refunded it immediately after seeing the unacceptable state the game is in. Literally the only reason they got my money is because I want to see the mod. I normally play on ps4 so I really didn't need a 2nd copy. I have yet to see a real match on Steam. And within a few hours I was level 150 because you can't find a legit lobby. The steam version is a pile of crap without this mod. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

This is really a complex situation because it hurts the online aspect of the game but does it hurt the offline if people use mods?

I've wondered the same thing.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:09 AM, Fair Play said:

I've wondered the same thing.

Someone should ask if playing offline is fine than online.