23 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Apparently SPRAY SLIDING is now the (not so) new weapon sliding!!! ūüė©

Did hope that by patching spray cancelling it would have removed this as well, but I guess not. I don't doubt it'll be long before it starts to catch on and become more rife in a similar fashion to how weapon sliding did. Only saving grace being that the counselor must be injured to use a spray and they will inevitably have a limited number of med sprays - up to 6 max with Medic... Until they find more spray cans, that is.

Here is a clip of spray sliding from the counselors perspective. From Jason's perspective the counselor is spraying up as normal, but then teleports from their spraying spot to wherever they have actually ran to by the end of the healing animation, hence the whiffed grab and slash by the Jason player.

@mattshotcha do you think you guys will be able to nip this in the bud before it becomes more widespread? Granted it is not an unlimited resource, but it definitely can be a game changer if damage is purposely controlled and sprays are managed properly.

Dear God. Is it really that hard to just play the f*cking game without glitching/cheating? People have nothing better to do?

3 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Did hope that by patching spray cancelling it would have removed this as well, but I guess not. I don't doubt it'll be long before it starts to catch on and become more rife in a similar fashion to how weapon sliding did. Only saving grace being that the counselor must be injured to use a spray and they will inevitably have a limited number of med sprays - up to 6 max with Medic... Until they find more spray cans, that is.

Here is a clip of spray sliding from the counselors perspective. From Jason's perspective the counselor is spraying up as normal, but then teleports from their spraying spot to wherever they have actually ran to by the end of the healing animation, hence the whiffed grab and slash by the Jason player.

@mattshotcha do you think you guys will be able to nip this in the bud before it becomes more widespread? Granted it is not an unlimited resource, but it definitely can be a game changer if damage is purposely controlled and sprays are managed properly.

That looks infuriating to have to deal with. 

I'm honestly impressed with the amount of assholes on this game that go out of their way to find new ways to exploit and cheat. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

We'll have to keep an eye on it. I cannot make any promises at this point, though. 

The team is currently looking at Switch voice and matchmaking issues, and still looking at the hacked lobbies situation on PC. Not only are those higher priority, but we are past active development. If I'm being brutally honest here, I don't think something this situational will see a fix at this stage in the game.

EDIT: I also have to note that I wouldn't be able to confirm this without seeing the encounter from the Jason players viewpoint. 

On 5/18/2021 at 4:44 AM, gmintz09 said:

Dear God. Is it really that hard to just play the f*cking game without glitching/cheating? People have nothing better to do?

On 5/18/2021 at 7:48 AM, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

I'm honestly impressed with the amount of assholes on this game that go out of their way to find new ways to exploit and cheat.

The uploader of this vid actually claimed to have stumbled across it when trying to spray cancel. But unfortunately there are people who play to win by any means necessary, even if it means throwing all sense of fair play out the window. They will find any excuse to justify their actions. E.g. "Jason came after me instead of the other guy" or "Jason tried to slashed me and that's a cheap move." Both bullsh*t excuses but totally feasible to the exploiter. If Jason was teaming or using exploits of his own, then it might be a bit more justified because they're giving him a taste of his own medicine. But it becomes more concerning when players take the approach of, "I do it because the game allows for it" or "Someone done it to me so now I do it too." And this is exactly how the roof glitch, car knifing, weapon sliding, spray cancelling and the "infinite" pocket knife glitch all gained traction within the game.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, mattshotcha said:

We'll have to keep an eye on it. I cannot make any promises at this point, though. 

The team is currently looking at Switch voice and matchmaking issues, and still looking at the hacked lobbies situation on PC. Not only are those higher priority, but we are past active development. If I'm being brutally honest here, I don't think something this situational will see a fix at this stage in the game.

EDIT: I also have to note that I wouldn't be able to confirm this without seeing the encounter from the Jason players viewpoint.

At this stage of the game I highly expected as much. I suppose I was just putting it out there for what it's worth. Nevertheless, I will say that it is not as situational as it seems. All a player needs to do is start with the Hypo and Medic perks (the meta), jump through a window and they are good to go right off the bat. Experienced players know where the med spray spawns are on most maps and will stack them accordingly. They may not get the luxury of freely conserving stamina when navigating the map from this glitch, but as long as they can evade Jason's Shift they'll be content. And throwing knives are rendered useless as the damage they receive plays right into the hands of the exploit.

Also, I do have video footage from Jason's perspective that can be provided if required. The teleportation is EXACTLY the same as when done with a weapon. The thing is, there are guys in this forum who can vouch for this being a problem, as they have offered to address every glitch and exploit in the game with Gun. But instead these issues are left to fly under the radar simply because they are not plaguing the game at present. So by the time these type of glitches do flood the game it'll be too little too late; especially now that support has virtually ended. And IMO this one will become more frequent amongst the player base due to how OP it is and it being a direct replacement for weapon sliding. A simple remapping of the PlayStation controller buttons (not sure about Xbox's functionality) and square or R3 can be moved so that the glitch can be done with relative ease. But yeah, however you guys wish to proceed, or not, is understandable. It must really suck to feel like fighting a constant battle with this game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

That looks infuriating to have to deal with. 

I'm looking forward to the salty messages and rage-quits I'm going to get when I figure out how to counter this and stick my machete up their assess.

• Like 3

I saw the thread on hacked lobbies was closed. But I would like to know if this will ever get resolved, because it is preventing 99% of PC players from even playing this game. As a paying customer of this game, I would like to be informed that this issue going to be fixed.

8 hours ago, Fatal Error said:

I saw the thread on hacked lobbies was closed. But I would like to know if this will ever get resolved, because it is preventing 99% of PC players from even playing this game. As a paying customer of this game, I would like to be informed that this issue going to be fixed.

Here is the latest info on Hacked lobbies from our Community Leader.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, mattshotcha said:

The team is currently looking at Switch voice and matchmaking issues, and still looking at the hacked lobbies situation on PC. 

They are still investigating.

I hope good news will come when they have updated Info for you PC players.

• Like 1

thats always been a thing actually, recent patch must have easier inputs for it

• Like 1

ok i was just on a match an they now have found a new way to make the weapons giant big again  i missed that it was funny 

something wierd is happenin after this patch when you go to install a item in the car or boat yr stamina goes down to 0 in 2 seconds and when jason pops in yr toast cuz u got no stamina at all

On 6/6/2021 at 11:24 PM, MovieWatcher101 said:

ok i was just on a match an they now have found a new way to make the weapons giant big again  i missed that it was funny 

I don't understand why people think it is enjoyable to play with 60 councilors and 20 Jasons. It seems like a complete waste of time. Yet if you see comments on videos from YouTube, there are dozens of low-IQ people that find it amusing.

I miss playing this game, and I resent the fact that it is broken like this.

if they do put out another patch please fix the network timeout problem  to me it seems its players kicking other players off the match  please fix it  it happens way to much

9 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

if they do put out another patch please fix the network timeout problem  to me it seems its players kicking other players off the match  please fix it  it happens way to much

There's no way to fix it. The connection time outs are a P2P issue directly influenced by your internet connection, or how well it connects to the Lobby host. Yes, you can have perfectly fine pings in the que, and still get booted for a connection time out. (Happens to me all the time) The only cure for this issue were the dedicated servers. In all honesty, I've had more issues with connection time outs than I've had with host quitting.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:42 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

There's no way to fix it. The connection time outs are a P2P issue directly influenced by your internet connection, or how well it connects to the Lobby host. Yes, you can have perfectly fine pings in the que, and still get booted for a connection time out. (Happens to me all the time) The only cure for this issue were the dedicated servers. In all honesty, I've had more issues with connection time outs than I've had with host quitting.

Hey dude. Connection timeouts are either of the two - dropped connection to host (issue your end) and dropped connection by host (issue host's end). Back when there were still dedicated servers I wanted to find out how grab-quitters were leaving the game so fast once they were grabbed, so I ran some tests with a friend in public lobbies while I was party host. I found that if you left the match via the game's menu then you (and your party) would leave instantly - top rage quitters really have that muscle memory down to perfection *smh*. But if you left the game by pulling out the ethernet cable or closing the application/turning off your PS4, then your counselor (and your party) will remain in the game for a short period while the server tries to re-establish your connection. So now that we are on P2P the same structure is in place, whereby if the host leaves via the menu you will get the "You were kicked: Host has left the game." message. But if the host closes the application or turns off their console then you will run around unable to interact with anything, followed by the "Connection timed out!" message. I've recently managed to confirm this a few times by asking other players that I was in a match with (but not in a party) if they dropped out too, and they had, so I know for sure it wasn't anything on my end. Therefore connection timeouts are a result of the host leaving the match without going via the menu, intentionally or not. Also, the game allows for your ping to go well into the 900's without booting you out, so you or the host would need to have a really badly interrupted internet connection for everything to be fine one minute then get disconnected the next. Other games like DbD have a much lower ping threshold to avoid extremely high in-game latency issues, regardless of their dedicated servers. Nevertheless, I don't doubt that you've noticed that connection timeouts are more apparent when the host has died. And that, my friend, is the actual reflection of how salty the the player base has become post dedicated servers. But you are spot on that the best fix for this problem would be to bring back dedicated servers, but we all know that ain't happening. Alternatively, host migration would go some way to fixing the problem but apparently that couldn't be done by the team without a total infrastructure rework. As such, the approach I've adopted is never to stay in a lobby if the host is below level 20 (it's not a guarantee they'll stick around, considering how little levels mean now, but it does make for less headache). And I would host matches myself but the game's framerate when hosting is just too poor to be worthwhile.

2 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Hey dude. Connection timeouts are either of the two - dropped connection to host (issue your end) and dropped connection by host (issue host's end). Back when there were still dedicated servers I wanted to find out how grab-quitters were leaving the game so fast once they were grabbed, so I ran some tests with a friend in public lobbies while I was party host. I found that if you left the match via the game's menu then you (and your party) would leave instantly - top rage quitters really have that muscle memory down to perfection *smh*. But if you left the game by pulling out the ethernet cable or closing the application/turning off your PS4, then your counselor (and your party) will remain in the game for a short period while the server tries to re-establish your connection. So now that we are on P2P the same structure is in place, whereby if the host leaves via the menu you will get the "You were kicked: Host has left the game." message. But if the host closes the application or turns off their console then you will run around unable to interact with anything, followed by the "Connection timed out!" message. I've recently managed to confirm this a few times by asking other players that I was in a match with (but not in a party) if they dropped out too, and they had, so I know for sure it wasn't anything on my end. Therefore connection timeouts are 9 times out of 10 a result of the host leaving the match without going via the menu, intentionally or not. Also, the game allows for your ping to go well into the 900's without booting you out, so you or the host would need to have a really badly interrupted internet connection for everything to be fine one minute then get disconnected the next. Other games like DbD have a much lower ping threshold to avoid extremely high in-game latency issues, regardless of their dedicated servers. Nevertheless, I don't doubt that you've noticed that connection timeouts are more apparent when the host has died. And that, my friend, is the actual reflection of how salty the the player base has become post dedicated servers. But you are spot on that the best fix for this problem would be to bring back dedicated servers, but we all know that ain't happening. Alternatively, host migration would go some way to fixing the problem but apparently that couldn't be done by the team without a total infrastructure rework. As such, the approach I've adopted is never to stay in a lobby if the host is below level 20 (it's not a guarantee they'll stick around, considering how little levels mean now, but it does make for less headache). And I would host matches myself but the game's framerate when hosting is just too poor to be worthwhile.

Thanks.¬†I was wondering why the match would sometimes¬†take 10-20 seconds to close¬†once¬†the host left, while¬†others the match would close¬†immediately. It's led to some interesting clips on my DVR though including an air-guitar session where I was floating on air for a bit,¬† and in the middle of a shift so I got to zip around the map for a bit before I got kicked. My internet is... Temperamental to say the least, so I always tend to lean toward the issue being on my end if there's any doubt to whether the host quit or not. I seem to have a lot of issues in the que waiting for matches to start... It feels that every three or four matches or so, I'll get booted from the que or never make it from the loading screen to the pre-match screen due to connection time out issues. This is particularly frustrating when it happens seconds before the match is set to start, or when I've found what looks like a decent lobby to play in... Or when I get messaged from salty players from previous matches who think I ducked out on them.¬†ūüėā

Personally, I try not to play with any host whose level isn't at least triple digits. It's no guarantee of anything, but at least that person is less likely to die in the first few minutes... At least I'm good enough as Jason that I can usually save the host for last... Unless she's Vanessa and there's four of them running around... So mistakes have been made. Trying to get host every match just isn't an option for me, so you gotta take what you can get and hope for the best.

On 5/13/2021 at 4:42 PM, mattshotcha said:

Perk system requires you to take a beat between rapidly rolling perks and selling them. If done too quickly, it will trip the error.

@mattshotcha. Has something changed in the back-end recently, specifically in regards to rolling perks? I've recently noticed that when rolling or deleting perks, after the third or so time, the game will give the following error: "Error updating perks: Too many requests." regardless of how long I wait between rolls/deleting. Once that happens perks cannot be deleted (if a new one was rolled) or no more perks can be rolled (if a perk was just deleted). Now you suggested to "take a beat" but it would seem that even counting 10 Mississippis between actions is not long enough. Therefore the error message that was incorporated to prevent the game from locking up is not a fully viable solution if it activates no matter what and the perk system locks up. And should you persist to try and roll or delete perks, the game will remove all your CP and perks and reset your level back to 0. Thankfully this is only a temporary bug and you can get around it by refreshing the connection to the server by going into a private match. This also allows you to start rolling/deleting perks again. But obviously it makes perk rolling an awfully drawn out and extremely painful process. Any help at all?

7 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

@mattshotcha. Has something changed in the back-end recently, specifically in regards to rolling perks? I've recently noticed that when rolling or deleting perks, after the third or so time, the game will give the following error: "Error updating perks: Too many requests." regardless of how long I wait between rolls/deleting. Once that happens perks cannot be deleted (if a new one was rolled) or no more perks can be rolled (if a perk was just deleted). Now you suggested to "take a beat" but it would seem that even counting 10 Mississippis between actions is not long enough. Therefore the error message that was incorporated to prevent the game from locking up is not a fully viable solution if it activates no matter what and the perk system locks up. And should you persist to try and roll or delete perks, the game will remove all your CP and perks and reset your level back to 0. Thankfully this is only a temporary bug and you can get around it by refreshing the connection to the server by going into a private match. This also allows you to start rolling/deleting perks again. But obviously it makes perk rolling an awfully drawn out and extremely painful process. Any help at all?

That happened to me too.

Also, my Hypo perk did not worked. I have that specific perk since 2017 and it was the first time it did not worked.

I'm pretty sure I had less than 500 CP in Thruesday (cuz I always burn everything in perks), but yesterday I had more than 3000 CP for some reason.

If I tried to sell unwanted stuff, it would say "Too many requests". If I tried buying a new one, it would say "Error" and I would lose CP but not receive any perks, just like @F13 Seppuku Squad said.

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

My internet is... Temperamental to say the least, so I always tend to lean toward the issue being on my end if there's any doubt to whether the host quit or not. I seem to have a lot of issues in the que waiting for matches to start... It feels that every three or four matches or so, I'll get booted from the que or never make it from the loading screen to the pre-match screen due to connection time out issues. This is particularly frustrating when it happens seconds before the match is set to start, or when I've found what looks like a decent lobby to play in... Or when I get messaged from salty players from previous matches who think I ducked out on them.¬†ūüėā

Can't say I've had many disconnections at the loading screen. If it does happen, then the game pretty much fails to load for everyone. As mentioned before, the game is pretty forgiving with bad internet connections/high ping, which is why PC trolls can lag switch the game almost to a standstill. Similar to when the hackers first DDoS'd the game last year; you could load a game but couldn't interact with anything. But yeah, I hate it when I bluescreen in the middle of a showdown knowing the other player will think they got the better of me when they actually didn't. I can take my L's just fine.

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Personally, I try not to play with any host whose level isn't at least triple digits. It's no guarantee of anything, but at least that person is less likely to die in the first few minutes... At least I'm good enough as Jason that I can usually save the host for last... Unless she's Vanessa and there's four of them running around... So mistakes have been made.

Yes, a 150 host from my region (Europe) is definitely the dream. But seen as I always connect to US players due to the times that I play, I have to lower the bar quite a bit. And I've definitely had that moment when I kill a Vanessa player first, check the player status screen, and my heart sinks because they were the host, lol.

56 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Also, my Hypo perk did not worked. I have that specific perk since 2017 and it was the first time it did not worked.

Something like this happened to me once - I had the Firecracker perk equipped but did not start with any. Even after I reselected it, it still didn't work. So I moved it to a different perk slot and it was working again. This made me paranoid about other perks that you can't see (like Sense avoidance perks) not working, so I just reshuffled all my perk slots on all my counselors to make sure they were all refreshed.

I'm pretty sure I had less than 500 CP in Thruesday (cuz I always burn everything in perks), but yesterday I had more than 3000 CP for some reason.

My only explanation for this is that you get 3000 CP every time you re-roll level 150. So that might well explain where it came from.

If I tried to sell unwanted stuff, it would say "Too many requests". If I tried buying a new one, it would say "Error" and I would lose CP but not receive any perks, just like @F13 Seppuku Squad said.

Yep, it is a lot more of a common problem now. A work around is to go into a private match and you will see the newly rolled perk has popped up. You can continue to roll perks there until it errors again, and then go back to the main menu and roll perks under the Customize option until it happens again. Very tiresome process when you have over 100k CP to burn through.

Update: now I have 6000 CP lmao

I can confirm on PC that rolling perks still errors no matter if you take it real slow or not, another failed fix.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:03 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I will bring this up to the team to see if they can look into what might be happening. The perk roll "cooldown" system, for lack of a better term is necessary and a byproduct of a separate fix. Problem is it has to be aggressive in order to handle the bigger task it was implemented to fix. So we've tried to dial it in where it is functional for rolling perks, but still functional at protecting the other areas of the game backend.

Obviously this current setting is causing some frustration and we'll have to take a look. But the need to slow down will always be a part of the game from here out, as it is vital in other areas and far too late to rebuild the backend to handle this differently.

I tried to play off-line with bots, since hacked lobbied ruined online playing, because I wanted to at least have some fun with the game. But I couldn't complete the match, because a counselor hiding in a tent was glitching. The character model was just standing in front of the tent, while I was unable to attack it. I couldn't pull him out of the tent either. So I just quit the game. 

23 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Obviously this current setting is causing some frustration and we'll have to take a look. But the need to slow down will always be a part of the game from here out, as it is vital in other areas and far too late to rebuild the backend to handle this differently.

While quickly selling and rolling perks will definitely cause this error, it is not the only thing that causes the error.  I have had the error pop up when all I did was go into my perks and attempt to roll a new perk.  I have waited 20 seconds between selling a perk and rolling a new on and still got the error. 

The worst part about the perk error  is you pretty much have to restart the game in order to roll or sell perks.  I've had the error pop up, said f*ck it and played a match.  After the match was done I still couldn't roll or sell perks until I restarted the game.  Combine this with constant connection errors, hacked lobbies and hosts quitting and I honestly have no idea how this game will retain any new players who buy it.   To think Gun Media still collects people's money for this game is just beyond me.