Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can confirm sliding is still very much a thing on Xbox One. Just saw this Adam doing it in a lobby this evening/early morning (for reference - recorded 5/6/2021).

Will report to JasonKillsBugs...

@mattshotcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Can confirm sliding is still very much a thing on Xbox One. Just saw this Adam doing it in a lobby this evening/early morning (for reference - recorded 5/6/2021).

Will report to JasonKillsBugs...

@mattshotcha

If you’re referring to the person who is moving, but the character isn’t in a run animation, that’s not the issue we’re referring to. Sliding was a name the community gave to the behavior where a counselor seems to teleport. It’s a weapon swing that makes the counselor move a great distance causing them to be harder to hit. 

This looks like an animation isn’t showing, which is still a bug, just something different. Regardless, thank you for the report!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

If you’re referring to the person who is moving, but the character isn’t in a run animation, that’s not the issue we’re referring to. Sliding was a name the community gave to the behavior where a counselor seems to teleport. It’s a weapon swing that makes the counselor move a great distance causing them to be harder to hit. 

This looks like an animation isn’t showing, which is still a bug, just something different. Regardless, thank you for the report!

Ah, I had always thought "sliding" referred to the counselor action seen in the video where they "slide" around.  I know the glitch you're speaking of, but I certainly never would have thought it was called "sliding"... 

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Ah, I had always thought "sliding" referred to the counselor action seen in the video where they "slide" around.  I know the glitch you're speaking of, but I certainly never would have thought it was called "sliding"... 

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

No, I hear you. I understand. It's a good report, regardless. So thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Ah, I had always thought "sliding" referred to the counselor action seen in the video where they "slide" around.  I know the glitch you're speaking of, but I certainly never would have thought it was called "sliding"... 

 

I actually thought the same thing.  To me  "sliding" was when a counselor would glide around the map with either the flare gun or shotgun raised.  "Teleporting" was when a counselor would use any melee weapon to teleport from one spot to another (usually 10-20 feet away from where they were).   I guess that means "Teleporting" might be fixed but "sliding" is not.  

I have noticed an increased level of visual glitches from high ping.  There have always been visual issues when you have a high ping (doors looking like they are open when they are closed, getting stuck in an animation, getting stuck on drawers) but they seem to be more prevalent post-patch.  And last night I saw a new visual glitch that I hadn't seen before.  I went into a cabin and a drawer looked like it was open and had a health spray in it.  But the drawer was actually closed but there was indeed a health spray it it.  I am guessing that someone else glitched out when opening the drawer before I got there?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I actually thought the same thing.  To me  "sliding" was when a counselor would glide around the map with either the flare gun or shotgun raised.  "Teleporting" was when a counselor would use any melee weapon to teleport from one spot to another (usually 10-20 feet away from where they were).   I guess that means "Teleporting" might be fixed but "sliding" is not.

I have noticed an increased level of visual glitches from high ping.  There have always been visual issues when you have a high ping (doors looking like they are open when they are closed, getting stuck in an animation, getting stuck on drawers) but they seem to be more prevalent post-patch.  And last night I saw a new visual glitch that I hadn't seen before.  I went into a cabin and a drawer looked like it was open and had a health spray in it.  But the drawer was actually closed but there was indeed a health spray it it.  I am guessing that someone else glitched out when opening the drawer before I got there?

 

I was thinking the exact same thing. At least now I better  understand why Gunn was emphasizing sliding so much. I didn't really get what the big deal was, sliding was rare and more of an obnoxious show-off maneuver that really wasn't all that hard for Jason to deal with. Teleporting is a differen't beast entirely. 

I actually had the exact opposite experience last night. Played for almost four hours and had probably the most fun I've had with this game since the switch to P2P. No issues to speak of really, but then I cherry pick lobbies to include hosts with decent ping so that might be the difference.  I'm afraid there's nothing much anyone can do when you get stuck in a lobby with crap ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 12:34 PM, SombrLuna said:

Please revert it back. Your Combat Stance is STILL broken. When you exit out of CS it makes you walk out of it instead of running. It ruins the overall point of CS

They don't revert patches. Ofc that's not to say that the delay really needs to be there or possibly even the walk out on exit. It may be too little too late, but I'm working on testing to prove it.

In the meantime, the workaround for walk out on CS exit is to exit CS during the swing animation. That will skip the walk out part.

20 hours ago, Mayday said:

Well I haven't changed my game mechanics and I don't even know what you're talking about with that combat stance lol.

Try using combat stance as counselor. You'll quickly see what everyone is talking about.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Sliding was a name the community gave to the behavior where a counselor seems to teleport. It’s a weapon swing that makes the counselor move a great distance causing them to be harder to hit. 

 

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Teleporting is a differen't beast entirely. 

 

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

"Teleporting"

 

15 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Can confirm sliding

The visual bug wasn't necessarily the reason anyone used sliding. The counselor would only "disappear" if their ping was lower than Jason's. To a host Jason or lower ping off host Jason, the counselors simply looked like they were running around the map without stopping.

Which brings us to the actual reason for sliding. Since you were effectively performing two actions at the same time (swinging and running), the game registered it as a swing that couldn't connect and the counselor was free to move around at a running pace for the duration of the swing. Another side effect was the stamina drain from sprinting was paused from the weapon swing for the full duration of the swing. This meant as long as you were sliding around the map swinging, you weren't draining stamina. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Somethin Cool thanks as always. ive been waiting to hear your thoughts about this CS change. im going to try this exit during the swing thing later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, glowing ooze said:

@Somethin Cool thanks as always. ive been waiting to hear your thoughts about this CS change. im going to try this exit during the swing thing later.

You're welcome. My thoughts are they did an excellent job fixing sliding. It's finally gone. 👍😎👍

However the negative effect on CS seems to have been overkill. It definitely doesn't need to be there in it's current form. I'm not saying the walk out part wouldn't have to remain, but the delay could definitely go altogether or in the least be greatly reduced without any risk of bringing sliding back. Again, I am working on proving this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm not saying the walk out part wouldn't have to remain, but the delay could definitely go altogether or in the least be greatly reduced without any risk of bringing sliding back. Again, I am working on proving this.

good luck.. im interested to see what ya can dig up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How will we know any progress on modded lobby issue once the forum is shut down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

 

 

 

The visual bug wasn't necessarily the reason anyone used sliding. The counselor would only "disappear" if their ping was lower than Jason's. To a host Jason or lower ping off host Jason, the counselors simply looked like they were running around the map without stopping.

Which brings us to the actual reason for sliding. Since you were effectively performing two actions at the same time (swinging and running), the game registered it as a swing that couldn't connect and the counselor was free to move around at a running pace for the duration of the swing. Another side effect was the stamina drain from sprinting was paused from the weapon swing for the full duration of the swing. This meant as long as you were sliding around the map swinging, you weren't draining stamina. 

Yes, agreed and understood. I just know that for folks who maybe aren't as familiar with what sliding looks like and what it accomplishes from the perspective of the person sliding, they often see it as a teleport or otherwise misrepresentation of where the counselor is. This is why the average player report for sliding says counselors are teleporting around the map and cannot be hit.

6 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

How will we know any progress on modded lobby issue once the forum is shut down?

We'll share any info we have on our various other channels.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Try using combat stance as counselor. You'll quickly see what everyone is talking about.

Today, I survived with Jenny for the last 12 minutes of the game on my own as everyone had escaped and Jason was in a rage. I haven't used the combat stance once. Players don't know how to use it wisely anyway. No one will ever be happy, I know, but for PC gamers this is a trifle when you can no longer connect to the game with hacked lobbies. 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mayday said:

Today, I survived with Jenny for the last 12 minutes of the game on my own as everyone had escaped and Jason was in a rage. I haven't used the combat stance once. Players don't know how to use it wisely anyway. No one will ever be happy, I know, but for PC gamers this is a trifle when you can no longer connect to the game with hacked lobbies. 😔

Yeah PC hacking issues should definitely be top priority.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha I peek in here off and on the past two plus years and want to say thanks for being on top of shit as a community manager. Through all of the ups and downs of this game (and there were a lot of ups and a lot of downs) Friday The 13th The Game still is one of the best experiences I have had in video gaming. So cheers to Friday the 13th, to horror fans, and to you Matt, for putting up with all the toxic bullshit and still talking to the fans. It was a wild ride, I will still be playing no matter what!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we got the final patch. I guess at tbis point, we have what we have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 10:57 PM, Fair Play said:

Well we got the final patch. I guess at tbis point, we have what we have.

Doesn't mean we have to like it though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Doesn't mean we have to like it though

Never said you did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I returned to this game after a month to see the bed glitch is still a thing. Beyond disappointing this could never get figured out. 

I wiped out a lobby of tryhards and then some pussy who knew he was fucked resorted to using the bed glitch and proceeded to trash talk over the mic for the rest of the match.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The perk system fails all the time I can use 1 or 2 and it throws an error. do you have any idea about this? @mattshotcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2021 at 3:58 AM, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

I returned to this game after a month to see the bed glitch is still a thing. Beyond disappointing this could never get figured out. 

I wiped out a lobby of tryhards and then some pussy who knew he was fucked resorted to using the bed glitch and proceeded to trash talk over the mic for the rest of the match.

 

 

And you couldn't kill him? Because there is still some instances of a visual thing, but the player can still be killed. Just want to make sure I'm clear on what happened and what was tried.

32 minutes ago, The Rain said:

The perk system fails all the time I can use 1 or 2 and it throws an error. do you have any idea about this? @mattshotcha

Perk system requires you to take a beat between rapidly rolling perks and selling them. If done too quickly, it will trip the error.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

And you couldn't kill him? Because there is still some instances of a visual thing, but the player can still be killed. Just want to make sure I'm clear on what happened and what was tried.

I tried. I was able to get the prompt to appear but when I pressed to do the kill it seemed Jason gets body-blocked because the counselor is in the way. 

They weren't in the bed, they were standing left next to it facing the wall. But they used the bed glitch to get there so of course the game registers them as still under the bed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

I tried. I was able to get the prompt to appear but when I pressed to do the kill it seemed Jason gets body-blocked because the counselor is in the way. 

They weren't in the bed, they were standing left next to it facing the wall. But they used the bed glitch to get there so of course the game registers them as still under the bed. 

 

Wonder if there are multiple ways to do that glitch? Because I haven't seen the bed glitch in a long time. I had figured it was fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently SPRAY SLIDING is now the (not so) new weapon sliding!!! 😩

Did hope that by patching spray cancelling it would have removed this as well, but I guess not. I don't doubt it'll be long before it starts to catch on and become more rife in a similar fashion to how weapon sliding did. Only saving grace being that the counselor must be injured to use a spray and they will inevitably have a limited number of med sprays - up to 6 max with Medic... Until they find more spray cans, that is.

Here is a clip of spray sliding from the counselors perspective. From Jason's perspective the counselor is spraying up as normal, but then teleports from their spraying spot to wherever they have actually ran to by the end of the healing animation, hence the whiffed grab and slash by the Jason player.

@mattshotcha do you think you guys will be able to nip this in the bud before it becomes more widespread? Granted it is not an unlimited resource, but it definitely can be a game changer if damage is purposely controlled and sprays are managed properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...