Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Patch Notes: 5.4.2021

UPDATE: Patch is now live on all platforms.

All Platforms:

The following fixes and changes will be deployed on the PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch platforms. The patch is set to roll out onto platforms on Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 at roughly 10AM Eastern US Time.

Combat Stance

  • The team set out to test and tune various aspects of how Combat Stance, and rapid input related to Combat Stance, affected game play across a variety of different connection strengths. While latency will always play a part in comparing the differences a connected player will see to what the host or other players may see, we are confident we’ve tested these changes across a wide range of connection qualities.
  • Further tuned and tested Combat Stance behavior and the unintended “Sliding” action counselor players could create.
  • Fixed an issue introduced in our last patch allowing Jason to move at running speed while in Combat Stance.

Counselor

  • Giant Weapons: The team has fixed an issue allowing players to manipulate the size of weapons in game.
  • Trap Bypass: Fixed an issue that allowed players to bypass traps by initiating an interaction. 
  • Safe Spots: Fixed various areas of the map where counselors could avoid being killed by Jason. 
  • Interaction Locks: Fixed various Interaction Locks that would occur when a counselor would interact with the environment and become stuck.

Switch Only:

The following fixes and changes have already been deployed on the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation platforms. With this patch, we’ll be bringing these changes in addition to those mentioned previously in these notes, to the Switch platform in order to align it with our other existing platforms.

Combat Stance 

  • Commonly referred to as Sliding or Teleporting, the team has fixed an issue allowing players to manipulate combat stance changes.
  • Players may still see, when in spectator mode, counselors attempting to perform the exploit, however this is a visual artifact.

Pocket Knife Issues

  • Instant break free by using health spray or firecrackers when grabbed, resulting in not only an instant break free but also retention of the player’s pocket knife, has been fixed.
  • Loss of pocket knives in circumstances when firecrackers are used has also been fixed. 

Jason - Gameplay

  • Ability Unlock/Recharge Rate toggle in private matches has been fixed to include both parameters.
  • Lobby icon irregularities resulting in an inaccurate lobby icon have been fixed.
  • Abduction, when Jason is able to Morph while holding a counselor, has been fixed.
  • Mask HP loopholes where use of a flare gun or firecrackers could get the mask to come off too quickly have been fixed.
  • Jason Kill Sequence - Kneel: The issue where the kneeling animation during the Jason Kill process could be repeated has been fixed.

Counselor - Gameplay

  • Hiding Under Bed: An issue where players could hide under beds and become stuck in a way where Jason could not kill them has been fixed. While it is still possible in some instances to cause the bug, the counselor will be able to be killed by Jason in that state. 
  • Lobby icon irregularities resulting in an inaccurate lobby icon have been fixed.
  • Numerous safe spots around the maps have been fixed, including the Pinehurst Roof method by way of Tommy’s bed.
  • Players will now see an error if they roll and sell perks too quickly, but the game will stay functional and no longer lock up. Players can then continue to roll and sell perks, being cautious of not overloading the roll system.
  • An issue causing the Counselor clothing options to not save properly when altering color/items has been resolved. Feel free to go back to playing Pink Cop Kenny.
  • Tommy Jarvis voice lines have been restored, and this is between him and Jason.

General

  • Various Interaction Locks have been fixed, particularly those that occurred when players would input either multiple button presses or rapid button presses in short succession, rapid pick up and put down of items, and multiple inputs appearing with on screen prompts.
  • Fuse Box and Fuse spawn for the Cop call has been extended to ensure the fuse does not spawn inside the house with the fuse repair box.
  • With this patch, matchmaking will shift away from Dedicated Servers and onto Peer to Peer Matchmaking for all matches on the Switch as well.
  • The game will still be playable online publicly with the Quick Play option and privately with the Private Match option.
  • For more on this change, as well as the status of the game going forward, please follow up with our statement here.

One further note, these forums will remain as they are for a period no shorter than a week following this patch. At that point, they will be archived and left in a read only state for reference.

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man...if sliding was ACTUALLY fixed and combat stance was restored to a functional state...more power to ya. But no one is gonna believe it till we see it.

 

#nerfnaskron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Hopefully it's good....

Just sayin, based on previous experience with ....oh I dunno.... every single previous patch and update for this game......no.

I just hope it's not left in an even more broken state and those of us who actually still enjoy playing it aren't stuck finding a new game to play.

#nerfnaskron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

So if this patch breaks something else, that’s it? That’s what we are left with? 

Exactly..... 😥 Unless they choose to push another new hotfix soon*

 

*Months and months later

#nerfnaskron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, Now is with Friday the 13th Definitive edition TEAM!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dredge said:

Just sayin, based on previous experience with ....oh I dunno.... every single previous patch and update for this game......no.

I just hope it's not left in an even more broken state and those of us who actually still enjoy playing it aren't stuck finding a new game to play.

#nerfnaskron

I get that you're angry and frustrated and feeling a lot of things right now. But let's keep things civil and make sure we're not just trying to antagonize and rile up the thread.

27 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

So if this patch breaks something else, that’s it? That’s what we are left with? 

This is the final patch. Assuming there isn't a major issue with this patch, it will stay the final patch. If there is a major issue introduced due to this patch, we'll have to investigate and evaluate. 

12 minutes ago, i-cold said:

Ok, Now is with Friday the 13th Definitive edition TEAM!

This is a modified version of the game and is not supported in any way by Gun. Use of any modified content is done at the player's risk and is also not a topic for the official forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The deactivation of the Stalk ability in battle stance was not given attention. Got it. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I get that you're angry and frustrated and feeling a lot of things right now. But let's keep things civil and make sure we're not just trying to antagonize and rile up the thread.

I was completely civil in my response. I've seen some of the other posts on here that get taken down. It's possible to have differing opinions and still have a civil discourse and respond in a respectable manner. 

I didn't say anything that wasn't true and if you look back at all the patches and updates you'll see that. Every single update has broken something else that then needs to be fixed in a future update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Greg290 said:

The lobby's are fixed ?

No. We will play as we are playing now: hacked lobbies, increased ping, multiple Jason, сonstantly stunning Jason even with Rage, a broken block and loading into the same match for several hours. 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back Packanack roof glitch!!!

 

😩😩😩😩😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Psychophonic said:

The deactivation of the Stalk ability in battle stance was not given attention. Got it. 🙄

This is a far lower priority issue than those addressed with the patch as the issue you're referring to is extremely situational. It's rare to need to utilize combat stance AND stalk at the same time, since the very idea of entering combat means you're no longer stalking. That said, it still presents a lower priority than the things we worked on in this update.

4 minutes ago, Greg290 said:

The lobby's are fixed ?

That investigation is ongoing but was kept separate from this patch so as to not delay this patch any further.

3 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

What about the shift grabbing stutter which delays the Jason grabbing? :(

This is dependent on ping and a byproduct of connection.

3 minutes ago, Dredge said:

I was completely civil in my response. I've seen some of the other posts on here that get taken down. It's possible to have differing opinions and still have a civil discourse and respond in a respectable manner. 

I didn't say anything that wasn't true and if you look back at all the patches and updates you'll see that. Every single update has broken something else that then needs to be fixed in a future update. 

I'm reminding you to keep it civil and constructive. You've replied to multiple other people with snark and it's obvious you want to rile people up. The game, these forums, the entire community is at a point where there is simply zero tolerance for it. We're all a bit frustrated, a bit raw. And these conversations are going to be tough enough without extra added sass for the sake of it. We all get it, you are going to wait and see and you think the patch will be a mess and you think we'll take months for another patch. We get it. No need to parrot that sentiment repeatedly when there's people in here actually asking questions and actually looking for answers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

This is dependent on ping and a byproduct of connection.

So people with poor internet connection is just gonna keep messing up my shifting grabs? 😢😭

I was such a monster at this skill trait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm reminding you to keep it civil and constructive. You've replied to multiple other people with snark and it's obvious you want to rile people up. The game, these forums, the entire community is at a point where there is simply zero tolerance for it. We're all a bit frustrated, a bit raw. And these conversations are going to be tough enough without extra added sass for the sake of it. We all get it, you are going to wait and see and you think the patch will be a mess and you think we'll take months for another patch. We get it. No need to parrot that sentiment repeatedly when there's people in here actually asking questions and actually looking for answers.

Examples please? Last I checked my reputation on this forum is in the positive using your system. If people were riled up or in some way offended by my previous responses, it seems like it wouldn't be. 

Screenshot_20210427-120308~2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dredge said:

Examples please? Last I checked my reputation on this forum is in the positive using your system. If people were riled up or in some way offended by my previous responses, it seems like it wouldn't be. 

I have literally zero obligation to play this game with you.

Look at this thread, look at your quick snark reply to every person in here, then read my comment again.

 

10 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

So people with poor internet connection is just gonna keep messing up my shifting grabs? 😢😭

I was such a monster at this skill trait!

It is an unfortunate part of peer to peer, yes. That being said, dedicated servers had to be shut down, peer to peer had to be the way to keep the game up after the shutdown. 

Ping and connection is not going to be as strong in a peer to peer environment as a dedicated server environment. But this keeps the game available to players well past the dedicated server shutdown, albeit with some of these types of things being a bit more of an issue than previously.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

It is an unfortunate part of peer to peer, yes. That being said, dedicated servers had to be shut down, peer to peer had to be the way to keep the game up after the shutdown. 

Ping and connection is not going to be as strong in a peer to peer environment as a dedicated server environment. But this keeps the game available to players well past the dedicated server shutdown, albeit with some of these types of things being a bit more of an issue than previously.

Man....thank you....thank you Matt and to the team it''s beyond upsetting for me...I only got back into playing the game truly because of a friend because it's so hard thinking about the unreleased content and stuff.

I am still going to play I love this Game and Franchise!

8ce.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Matt, nice surprise for the community. Wasn’t expecting a patch and getting the notes early is always nice. 
 

I am sorry to hear this place is going to be archived. I know it’s unlikely you can share any information but on the off chance you can, will Gun be opening a new forum, within the next year or so?

 (Hell, I’d join a forum not knowing what game we were getting. The fresh start would be nice and while I think we would be mostly killing time, I wouldn’t mind that with most of the people I’ve met here. Might save you some time establishing a new community around Guns future project.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks Matt, nice surprise for the community. Wasn’t expecting a patch and getting the notes early is always nice. 
 

I am sorry to hear this place is going to be archived. I know it’s unlikely you can share any information but on the off chance you can, will Gun be opening a new forum, within the next year or so?

 (Hell, I’d join a forum not knowing what game we were getting. The fresh start would be nice and while I think we would be mostly killing time, I wouldn’t mind that with most of the people I’ve met here. Might save you some time establishing a new community around Guns future project.)

I'm not so sure we'll be returning to the "official forum" structure for any future projects. As Lead Community Developer, that's part of the plans I'm working on behind the scenes now. I've been filling a few roles at Gun in my time here, and with the recent hiring notice some of you might have seen, I'll be getting some help with the community side and that should open up my schedule some to plan those types of things out a bit more. That's about all I can say at this time, but keep an eye out.

12 minutes ago, The Rain said:

Thanks for the details. Will you be able to get in and out of a combat room as fast as before?? @mattshotcha

There is still a minor delay there, to help with issues of multiple inputs. But it has been lessened as much as possible while still correcting the multiple input issues. 

I know that answer really kind of sucks. Unfortunately, I cannot quantify the feel of it. It's something that the community will have to feel out for themselves. That said, I'm confident it is a vast improvement over the way it felt prior to the first fix and I'm definitely confident that it is something that even if it requires some adjustment, you'll have dialed in in no time.

 

SIDE NOTE: I totally missed my 666th post on the forums some time today. :(

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

SIDE NOTE: I totally missed my 666th post on the forums some time today. :(

I gotchu fam!

66610.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I gotchu fam!

66610.png

HEYYY! 

If that isn't an accurate depiction of my time here. 50% response to instigation and 50% response to tough questions. 

Feels like it's been a lot more than just 666 posts. Love all of you, even the ones that don't love me back.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

HEYYY! 

If that isn't an accurate depiction of my time here. 50% response to instigation and 50% response to tough questions. 

Feels like it's been a lot more than just 666 posts. Love all of you, even the ones that don't love me back.

I speak on the ones who are positive that you guys brought a dream project to life! thank you!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...