Slasher_Clone

Want to see Grendel?

[deleted content]

Something interesting that popped up in my recommended. I’m not sure how Gun is going to feel about this, but until I hear otherwise I’m going to assume it’s not against the rules.

Enjoy

SlashnCast did their own walk through in case anyone prefers them, here’s their video....

[deleted content]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow.........

Speechless..... straight up F13 geek-gasm When he walked into the holo deck room...

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 6:38 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Wow.........

Speechless..... straight up F13 geek-gasm When he walked into the holo deck room...

Hell yeah, and did you see that opening kill..... fucking perfect. 
I also liked the blue sparks (firecrackers) and other set dressing, seeing it work, just convinces me a city map was possible given enough time. Still glad to see it. 

Edit Part Two - Lazarus Experience 

[deleted content]

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Hell yeah, and did you see that opening kill..... fucking perfect. 
I also liked the blue sparks (firecrackers) and other set dressing, seeing it work, just convinces me a city map was possible given enough time. Still glad to see it. 

Edit Part Two - Lazarus Experience 

[deleted content]

Completely agree!!!! Thanks for posting these glad to see it with my own eyes in action.

Wow. And they said the Grendel wasn’t anywhere near playable and all of Jason X’s animations weren’t done. For the first time I’m ready to call total bullshit on their part. Looked like they were further along in development than they said, or someone spent a lot of time working on something that was “never going to see the light of day” after the deadline. 

41 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Wow. And they said the Grendel wasn’t anywhere near playable and all of Jason X’s animations weren’t done. For the first time I’m ready to call total bullshit on their part. Looked like they were further along in development than they said, or someone spent a lot of time working on something that was “never going to see the light of day” after the deadline. 

This is a modded build of the game made by F13 fans they have added the kills /Pj packs and “finished” the Grendel Map......but I am pretty sure they have been working on this build for a very long time to get it to the point it is in the video.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

This isn’t necessarily exactly what Gun had planned. They stole assets from other parts of the game and did other work, possibly even building their own assets, from what I’ve read so far. This is the work of very dedicated modder’s, not Black Tower or illfonic directly. 
From other builds of Grendel I’ve seen it looks like the modder’s textured almost the whole place, fixed the stairs, added assets for repairing the shuttles and maybe even built their own opening cinematic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This isn’t necessarily exactly what Gun had planned. They stole assets from other parts of the game and did other work, possibly even building their own assets, from what I’ve read so far. This is the work of very dedicated modder’s, not Black Tower or illfonic directly. 
From other builds of Grendel I’ve seen it looks like the modder’s textured almost the whole place, fixed the stairs, added assets for repairing the shuttles and maybe even built their own opening cinematic. 

Oh my GOD!!

I could not stop smiling while he played the Lazarus Experience it was so god damn good!!!

”Baby Jason is a good guy!”😂🤣😂🤣

Truly magnificent piece of work even not completed.....you could see what was intended the love these Guys (Gun Media) and the Modder’s put into is just heart warming.

And man a single player first person game could be such an incredible game!

• Like 1

This is like their 3rd attempt to release a complete "alternative" version of the game. Their last attempt was suppose to be back in November.Every time it comes close to time to release Gun or other powers that be managed to shut their Discord channel down and their version of the game never got released.I'm not holding my breath on it.They claim it will be released on the 4th anniversary of the game May 26.

I'd play it if they get it released.

The regular build of the game is a wasteland right now in need of that last patch.

I'd say this build has more leverage and with more youtubers beta testing it. The more players flock towards it, the more it makes anyone looking to shut it down look like the bad guys, rules or not. The last thing the game needs is even more bad press.

They've already shown a small teaser for Pinehurst Small. They plan on adding Jarvis Small, a New York map and a surprise map. I don't like small maps though, but one of the devs have already said they won't be cutting out the boat like the other small maps did, at least on one of the small maps.

As of now, you can't kill Jason on Grendel, but I think that's a good design choice because supposedly they think the counselors will be super OP on Grendel. Time will tell I guess. Also because adding that new gun kill on Jason doesn't seem doable I think.

Sure it may not be 'official' but on paper, if left alone, it could be a completely new lifeline for the game IMO. It already has a lot of excitement and potential behind it. I know im excited if it actually gets left alone and allowed to run its course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

They've already shown a small teaser for Pinehurst Small. They plan on adding Jarvis Small, a New York map and a surprise map. I don't like small maps though, but one of the devs have already said they won't be cutting out the boat like the other small maps did, at least on one of the small maps.

Can you please post the link to the teaser that showed Pinehurst small?  Thank you.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, odista2000 said:

Can you please post the link to the teaser that showed Pinehurst small?  Thank you.

• Like 1

Sneaky gonna be useless on the Grendel map so I am kinda sad. But mostly happy. I saw this some weeks ago, but thought it was not serious. Bless people behind this.

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

Sneaky gonna be useless on the Grendel map so I am kinda sad. But mostly happy. I saw this some weeks ago, but thought it was not serious. Bless people behind this.

There are still windows to hop in the accommodation section, Sneaky might still be decent. 

Edit - Added SlashnCast’s video up top.

I am curious to know what counselors need to do to escape. Escape pods? How's the police gonna arrive on the space (space police?)?  

36 minutes ago, Carlso said:

I am curious to know what counselors need to do to escape. Escape pods? How's the police gonna arrive on the space (space police?)?  

They’re still working on it. There’s only the escape pods currently. The phone box is in the map, they intend to add it. I’m assuming a ship will dock and you’ll run down an umbilical corridor that has the same effect as a police escape now. There’s a car on a different build of Grendel that is set up like a launching space craft. There’s also no way to kill Jason on Grendel currently, don’t know if that will ever change. 

• Like 1

They are making some bold claims such as a much improved anti cheat system and they claim hackers will be handled with much swifter bans and they are claiming no "hacked/modded" lobbies/servers. I know they aren't charging anything for it but it is still technically illegal regardless.

Im going to comment before mattshotcha shuts this down as it is stolen mod hacks from Gun Media.

You know better than to share these mod hacks on the forum.

We all know the answer to these mod hacks as we have asked mattshotcha multiple times to let modders into the game.

Wes Keltner has said as we all know its sad but its true. Wes said NO MORE NEW CONTENT EVER For Friday the 13th the game. NO MODS, NOTHING EVER AGAIN

I'm surprised that this thread has gone this far as Strigoi pointed out. The sad part is these people claim to have solved or got around the modded  lobby/server problem and claim to have a better anti cheat system and will have zero tolerance for True hacking.I don't consider anything these people are doing a "hack" per say.They are just doing cosmetic enhancements which they are seemingly better at than Illfonic or Black Tower could do. How come they can fix the problems with the matchmaking with no financial support that we know of? Gun should be hiring these guys they are doing this out of dedication and out of their own pocket. They seemingly have no trouble manipulating the game code and it seemingly is not a "Pandora's Box" .

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Im going to comment before mattshotcha shuts this down as it is stolen mod hacks from Gun Media.

You know better than to share these mod hacks on the forum.

We all know the answer to these mod hacks as we have asked mattshotcha multiple times to let modders into the game.

Relax man, if they asked me to take the videos down I would. If their policy is to ignore it, I only take that as a good sign for things to come, their attention is elsewhere. Posting it openly here, informed the devs as well as the community, so I’m not sure how you think sharing it is wrong on my part. Gun might not be able to show us more that could have been but they also might not be opposed to us seeing it.

Not all modder’s are acting with negative intent, as for the legality of it, I’m not a lawyer. As far as I know, as long as they make no money from it and Gun doesn’t issue a CaD, then what they are doing is fine. It is entirely possible that Gun will send a CaD, the game is still for sale and this could hurt their bottom line. If Gun are launching another big title, then alternatively having your beloved game receive the kind of attention this mod will bring to the community, might be good for sales of your new project.

.... I just going to wait and see. I have enjoyed having something to talk about, I miss this place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Relax man, if they asked me to take the videos down I would. If their policy is to ignore it, I only take that as a good sign for things to come, their attention is elsewhere. Posting it openly here, informed the devs as well as the community, so I’m not sure how you think sharing it is wrong on my part. Gun might not be able to show us more that could have been but they also might not be opposed to us seeing it.

Not all modder’s are acting with negative intent, as for the legality of it, I’m not a lawyer. As far as I know, as long as they make no money from it and Gun doesn’t issue a CaD, then what they are doing is fine. It is entirely possible that Gun will send a CaD, the game is still for sale and this could hurt their bottom line. If Gun are launching another big title, then alternatively having your beloved game receive the kind of attention this mod will bring to the community, might be good for sales of your new project.

.... I just going to wait and see. I have enjoyed having something to talk about, I miss this place. 

Well maybe you right or you may be wrong.

@mattshotcha is the only one that knows for sure.

I Just remember that we asked @mattshotcha multiple times to open the game to mods and he said that there is no way as Horror inc were so hard to work with and every little design had to be pre approved.

Why would Horror inc allow mods if they were so sensitive about there intellectual property and game design.

• Sad 1

The only part of this I'll address is the "bold claims" about anti-cheat and no more hacked lobbies. They didn't "fix" either of those aspects of the game. They just simply aren't an issue (yet) on their version.

The rest of the topics brought up here have been discussed to death, in at least a general sense.

Closing thread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2