I'm Not a Goalie

A Farwell to the Forum

This post is a little premature since we still don't know when the final patch will drop, but Matt has made it clear that this forum will finally be archived once it hits. Judging from Gun's recent history, the announcement will likely be abrupt and without much warning, so I wanted to go ahead and wish a preemptive goodbye to the forum before that happens. I'm not sure why it took me three years, but I was a latecomer to this forum though I've thoroughly enjoyed my brief time here, and appreciated all the knowledge and stories shared with other players who love this game as much as I do... Even the ones I don't necessarily agree with all the time. 😉

While I've told myself this lie plenty of times before, I think I might've played my last match of Friday the 13th tonight. I've sunk thousands of hours into this game, and thoroughly enjoyed almost every minute of it. I've played on almost a nightly basis everyday for the past three years, and no other game I've ever owned even comes close... The past few weeks though, I couldn't help but feel like I'm desperately clinging on to bad relationship I know has been bad for a while, but I keep fighting and trying to stick it out, hoping if I try hard enough, things will go back to the way they used to be in the good ole days... Even though I know that's impossible. It's time to admit it's over and walk away while the memories of the good times I had with this game are still fresh. Maybe I'd feel different if the friends I made along the way still played, but they've all moved on a long time ago. I've seen one too many host quits, connection timeouts, and lobbies crash before the match even gets started. It's time to go, and I regret nothing.

For anyone else who'd like to wish their own farewell to the forum before they close up shop on us for good, feel free to use this post. Figured I'd make one for the community for anyone who cares to use it... Or get any last final thoughts off your chest. For those of us handful of hardcores that are still here.  

Edit: My retirement lasted a grand total of 48 hours. A new record for me. Who am I kidding, they'll have to drag me away from this game kicking and screaming. 🤣 

• Like 2

It's sad that they are just throwing in the towel after the "quick patch".If they aren't going to fix the modded/hacked server problem,I think the hey should at least track down the hackers and give them all a HWID ban on PC.From what I hear there's hardly anyone playing on consoles anymore either.

17 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

This post is a little premature since we still don't know when the final patch will drop, but Matt has made it clear that this forum will finally be archived once it hits. Judging from Gun's recent history, the announcement will likely be abrupt and without much warning, so I wanted to go ahead and wish a preemptive goodbye to the forum before that happens. I'm not sure why it took me three years, but I was a latecomer to this forum though I've thoroughly enjoyed my brief time here, and appreciated all the knowledge and stories shared with other players who love this game as much as I do... Even the ones I don't necessarily agree with all the time. 😉

While I've told myself this lie plenty of times before, I think I might've played my last match of Friday the 13th tonight. I've sunk thousands of hours into this game, and thoroughly enjoyed almost every minute of it. I've played on almost a nightly basis everyday for the past three years, and no other game I've ever owned even comes close... The past few weeks though, I couldn't help but feel like I'm desperately clinging on to bad relationship I know has been bad for a while, but I keep fighting and trying to stick it out, hoping if I try hard enough, things will go back to the way they used to be in the good ole days... Even though I know that's impossible. It's time to admit it's over and walk away while the memories of the good times I had with this game are still fresh. Maybe I'd feel different if the friends I made along the way still played, but they've all moved on a long time ago. I've seen one too many host quits, connection timeouts, and lobbies crash before the match even gets started. It's time to go, and I regret nothing.

For anyone else who'd like to wish their own farewell to the forum before they close up shop on us for good, feel free to use this post. Figured I'd make one for the community for anyone who cares to use it... Or get any last final thoughts off your chest. For those of us handful of hardcores that are still here.  

What will happen in the forum?

1 hour ago, gettodachappa said:

What will happen in the forum?

It's going to be archived... Which if I understand correctly, basically means shut down. No more posting, or creating new topics or threads. I believe we'll be able to access any information already here but nothing new can be added. Gunn will no longer moderate or maintain the forum as they put their full focus on their next project. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It's going to be archived... Which if I understand correctly, basically means shut down. No more posting, or creating new topics or threads. I believe we'll be able to access any information already here but nothing new can be added. Gunn will no longer moderate or maintain the forum as they put their full focus on their next project. 

Next project, huh? I wonder what they will do

On 3/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, gettodachappa said:

Next project, huh? I wonder what they will do

Lets hope its Halloween.

I Absolutely love this forum.

I Love horror and sharing my ideas.

I Apologize to Ben and the rest of the forum members for being so silly and causing problems in the past.

I Cant wait to join the next forum with Gun medias next game.

My name will be Darrin Strigoi in the next forum.

Its been so much fun posting here and sharing ideas with you all.

Thanks To Mattshotcha for giving me another chance.

Untill next time your friend Darrin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Lets hope its Halloween.

I Absolutely love this forum.

I Love horror and sharing my ideas.

I Apologize to Ben and the rest of the forum members for being so silly and causing problems in the past.

I Cant wait to join the next forum with Gun medias next game.

My name will be Darrin Strigoi in the next forum.

Its been so much fun posting here and sharing ideas with you all.

Thanks To Mattshotcha for giving me another chance.

Untill next time your friend Darrin.

I will most likely have the same name for the next forum

On 3/23/2021 at 4:59 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

It's sad that they are just throwing in the towel after the "quick patch".If they aren't going to fix the modded/hacked server problem,I think the hey should at least track down the hackers and give them all a HWID ban on PC.From what I hear there's hardly anyone playing on consoles anymore either.

I disagree. Maybe no one is playing on Switch or Xbox, but I play almost every night on PS4 and have little trouble finding full lobbies. Yes, there are host quits and time-out errors and plenty of troll-hards, but there's still matches to be played.

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I disagree. Maybe no one is playing on Switch or Xbox, but I play almost every night on PS4 and have little trouble finding full lobbies. Yes, there are host quits and time-out errors and plenty of troll-hards, but there's still matches to be played.

No issues with the player base on Xbox either. It might take you 45 minutes to find a lobby you can play in for more than five minutes with the host quitting, getting disconnected, or the lobby crashing during the loading screen, but lobbies haven't been hard to find. Keeping asses in those lobbies has been the hard part.

On a related note, has anyone else noticed a spike of Jason's randomly leaving the game in situations where it doesn't make any sense for him to leave? I'm assuming it's due to the connection timeout issue, but it feels like it's happening more than it should. Makes it hard to tell if the Jason is a salty rag-quitter, or if his internet just told him to go fuck himself. 

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

No issues with the player base on Xbox either. It might take you 45 minutes to find a lobby you can play in for more than five minutes with the host quitting, getting disconnected, or the lobby crashing during the loading screen, but lobbies haven't been hard to find. Keeping asses in those lobbies has been the hard part.

On a related note, has anyone else noticed a spike of Jason's randomly leaving the game in situations where it doesn't make any sense for him to leave? I'm assuming it's due to the connection timeout issue, but it feels like it's happening more than it should. Makes it hard to tell if the Jason is a salty rag-quitter, or if his internet just told him to go fuck himself. 

Usually if a Jason quits when I'm a counselor, it's because my little group is trying to kill him. Had several last night puss-out on us: a couple of them quit as soon as the kill animation started, one quit about a minute or two after the mask came off, and one or two of them quit while it was still on after they figured out what was happening. There have been a couple that quit as soon as the game started, and I saw one who strangely quit after stopping the car desoute him being 5/7 at the time.

I regret not being more active here. I wish I made an account here as soon as I bought the game last year. What I did manage to experience was actually pretty nice and made me feel like part of a community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I saw one who strangely quit after stopping the car desoute him being 5/7 at the time.

Yeah, this is exactly the type of situation I'm referring too. Under no real distress, sometimes even in complete control of the match, and poof... Jason's just gone. Hell,  I've seen one Jason leave the match in the middle of killing someone. Since Dedicated Servers shut down, I've experienced this about a dozen times. I know it's likely just a weird anomaly, and the unusually high volume of occurrences just makes it feel like it's not a coincidence.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:59 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

Their support for the game was bound to end eventually. I personally wish certain things about the game had turned out better, but it is what it is. We've had a lot of fun times despite the bugs, exploits, hacks and trolls. I only hope a future F13 game by whomever decides to make one doesn't suffer a similar fate.

On 3/26/2021 at 10:46 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I don't see any more Jason players quitting than usual.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:29 AM, The Noble Idiot said:

I regret not being more active here. I wish I made an account here as soon as I bought the game last year. What I did manage to experience was actually pretty nice and made me feel like part of a community.

There are a lot of decent members of the community. Enjoy the time here with those that remain, while you still can.

• Like 3