It would be one thing if these hacked lobbies were actually fun and unique. I don't view 2-4 Jasons against 20 infinite Tommy's as anything fun or unique or the trainers that randomly spawn shotguns constantly, boats on land, etc. Along with the extra lag and instability these lobbies offer on top of the normal nonsense seen in regular ones.

All this situation ends up being is troll lobbies. I think im just gonna have to put the game down and hope they figure out a way to mitigate or eliminate this nonsense all together within the final patch or hopefully sooner. Obviously it was said before that the situation wasn't going to be addressed due to funding and the game being 4 years old, but the situation now is something that absolutely should be addressed. It simply bad PR no matter what year the game's life is in or funding. Just pretend the lawsuit wasn't a thing and this game still had planned content and DLC coming as we speak in 2021. It would be a PR nightmare and it would require a timely fix.

Opening up the game and being forced to play something that wasn't the game's intended mode by people who aren't the devs is criminal basically and its simply not viable enough to ask people to leverage the private match feature when the PC playerbase is as diminished as it is these days. Just gotta hope I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Obviously it was said before that the situation wasn't going to be addressed due to funding and the game being 4 years old, but the situation now is something that absolutely should be addressed

I agree they almost have to do something now or lose all remaining credibility plus as you say it is still for sale on Steam.As you pointed out I believe there are guidelines they have to adhere to.Steam needs to remove it from their library IMO.

• Like 2

give them enough time and they'll probably  even mess with private games

• Like 1

I have to wonder what the hackers/modders goals were when they made these hacked lobbies. Was it solely to disrupt the game? Did they think their version would be more fun to play than the original game? I'm just trying to understand the thought process behind this.

Word around the campfire is that people are paying a lot of money on the back alleys of the internet to buy the hacks so they can run these lobbies. The question is: why?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Stranger said:

I have to wonder what the hackers/modders goals were when they made these hacked lobbies. Was it solely to disrupt the game? Did they think their version would be more fun to play than the original game? I'm just trying to understand the thought process behind this.

Word around the campfire is that people are paying a lot of money on the back alleys of the internet to buy the hacks so they can run these lobbies. The question is: why?

At first when they managed to infiltrate and shut down the dedicated servers awhile back. I figured it was general bitterness about how everything went down with Gun and the lawsuit and how things turned out and that was merely petty payback. Even despite all the gripes we've had with Gun over the years, the lawsuit was a separate entity that was always a ticking time bomb for the entire franchise, independent of whatever Gun/Illfonic did or did not do with the game. I know for me, I felt like I was always able to separate the lawsuit and the criticism for Gun/Illfonic and that wasn't always the case for the entire combined playerbase as a whole.

All that said...

Now I just think its pure trolling on part of these hackers who never really had any stake in the game and what happened per say and instead just like to stroke themselves over the thought of being able to derail a game and bring it to its knees and that's basically it now. Nothing more. They spend all their time playing with the code to bring the game to its lowest point and they don't care one single bit about derailing it for those that might actually still want to play it, regardless of whatever state its in.

• Haha 1

Ok this is copied and pasted from the Steam discussion board and NO it's NOT me. I'm seeing a LOT of this being spewed on there. The natives are getting restless. Moderators can remove if need be. The lawsuit isn't stopping Gun Media from fixing their game's code.
Only laziness and an unwillingness to do the work to FIX THEIR STUFF is.
That is 100% on the developers, now. Don't apologize for Matt Shotcha being lazy.

• Like 1

maybe the next patch for pc includes a coupon for Friday The 13th: The Game on your choice of console..

this is crazy.. all the wacky shit this game has gone thru, to end up here in video game hell with tommy tornados. i do really feel bad for the good folks on PC. its such bullshit, this is such a great game.. friday the 13th, a title that has proven to be cursed in any format it graces..

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Ok this is copied and pasted from the Steam discussion board and NO it's NOT me. I'm seeing a LOT of this being spewed on there. The natives are getting restless. Moderators can remove if need be. The lawsuit isn't stopping Gun Media from fixing their game's code.
Only laziness and an unwillingness to do the work to FIX THEIR STUFF is.
That is 100% on the developers, now. Don't apologize for Matt Shotcha being lazy.

I really feel for the PC player base who is suffering with these continued issues with the game and lobby hacks it truly sucks.

But that person’s comments are beyond Dick-ish.....I totally understand the frustration.... and sympathize but they have no idea about what the team is doing about the situation or how hard they are working on it......to assume Gun is “unwillingly” to fix it is beyond ridiculous.....if they wanted to be done with this game they would have been done with it long, long ago.......how many times do they have to explain themselves to the community.......

Gun is still trying to fix what they can....most of us still don’t want the game development to end but unfortunately we are just about there.

These people who post this regurgitated garbage just have no idea how a business or game development works.

My other point is Matt isn’t the one working on the code for the game or the patches.... He is the individual that communicates the community’s issues with the game to the team who does work on it.....this person is judging the teams supposed laziness based on their own expectations...... which at this point I can say should be low.

All we can do at this time is communicate to Matt or Jasonkillsbugs.com the issues we are experiencing.

Matt has always communicated the information he has forwarded to the team.

Lets hope for the best at this point.....

With the Final, Final patch I hope they are able to finish development and leave the game in a positive place.

@mattshotcha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, mattshotcha said:

Major overhauls like what would be required here are simply no longer an option.

Devils advocate this was his response when this problem was first brought up here. So one COULD get the impression they are "unwilling" to fix the problem as that person has read this discussion. Now the problem has grown into a HUGE problem as the game is unplayable online unless you jump through a bunch of hoops to do a "work around" which is a pain in the butt  really. So here we are. I think they have to address this problem now regardless if they weren't going to before. Don't think they have much of a choice . They can't be selling a defective product knowing there is a problem.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Devils advocate this was his response when this problem was first brought up here. So one COULD get the impression they are "unwilling" to fix the problem as that person has read this discussion.

“Unwilling” is the term that people use when they can’t get past the fact that the game is at the end of its life cycle of development. They no longer are going to put funds into a game that has a dwindling player base with no additional revenues to pull in.......it’s business....unfortunately.

Matt has also said a few other things in this thread about the hacking see the bottom two quotes.

They can't be selling a defective product knowing there is a problem.

Defective product is a very broad statement.......and isn’t entirely the case with the game even in the horrific place it is right now......

To use the term defective product there has to be something inherently wrong with the product as a whole.....not from tampering with it from an outside source.

The issues you are facing are being brought on by other players not Gun or the regular features included in the game......

yes, unfortunately it is because the code of the game allows for this to happen that doesn’t mean the game is defective when all parties are playing correctly the game runs as intended.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, mattshotcha said:

I don't have anything further on it at this time, but I will forward the info on to the team again.

Please do let me know if more of you experience this repeat matching or not. I would like to gather up as much info as possible, including regions and such. It's worthwhile to rule out low player volume at the time of matchmaking or in that region, etc.

sounds like he is still sending info to the team about it to me .

And is asking for more members to come forward with any additional information.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:51 PM, mattshotcha said:

If you back out of a match, it's best to give it some time before searching again, otherwise there is a high likelihood you'll land back in the same lobby, hacked lobby or not.

I understand having to use a “work around” is irritating but it is better than getting frustrated about the hacking.

That being said, thanks for providing details on location. I'll get it over to the team with the rest of the info.

And once again letting us know he is going to pass the info along......

still finding it hard to see the “Unwillingness “ of Gun.

@TimDuke 01. I totally understand that this sucks and I do hope something comes about fixing it for you guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@OCT 31 1978 well Zombiefest(Dev that announces stuff on Steam discussion board) has pretty much put out that guys fire over on that board .He was spewing all kinds of things and throwing Matt under the bus. He really doesn't understand how game development works or refuses to accept how it works.He claimed he couldn't join this discussion board for some reason to voice his concerns on here he could only read it.

First off, I do not have anything new to report on the situation on PC just yet. Currently, the team has a patch submitted for certification that was worked on prior to the lobby problem getting this far out of hand. That patch has a lot in it that the community has been looking for and so we will not be holding that patch back just yet. We'll proceed as planned while ALSO looking into the situation on PC and what our options are there.

What does that mean? Well, it all depends on what the team uncovers for PC. Until they dig into it fully, we won't know more and I'll have nothing more to share on the topic. I know that is frustrating, I get it. You think I'm not frustrated by the current situation as well? But we have to look into things and see what's what. F13 is in a very unique spot, having been shifted from one team to another and the collaborative effort required to make fundamental structural changes to the game is not to be understated. 

Another thing I want to address, the toxicity and attacks at myself and Gun in general. This will not be tolerated. Period, full stop.

That includes sharing others' toxicity in some kind of half assed attempt to say the thing without being the one to say it. I have always tried to speak to the community on this game as adults, as equals, with civility. But I'm also going to be brutally honest with you all, as that's a stance I have always taken in this line of work. So here goes: Calling us names will do you literally zero good. Kicking and stomping around because it's taking the team time to get through these things will also do you no good. The simple truth is, this is not a massive team working on a triple A title around the clock. Hell, this is a game that has been suspended in stasis for YEARS. These things take time, and calling me lazy or unwilling is not changing that fact. While I can understand frustration and can empathize with the players dealing with this situation, Gun, and me as a representative of Gun, are not here for you to take your frustration out on, we're here to try and help. I'm not a tree stump for you to kick. I'm here to work with you all, and if that's not possible, nothing gets fixed. Be aggravated, be frustrated, of course. But recognize that our discourse is about getting things resolved, not taking out frustrations.

And lastly, let's stop with the "credibility" nonsense. That's lowest priority to worry about right now. No one at Gun is looking at issues plaguing the game and thinking of credibility first and when you reference it in your comments it just reads as a threat and not a concern. 

All that being said, I will provide any updates to the issue as I have them. I appreciate your patience and fully see how this issue is impacting the PC player base. I've expressed that gravity to the team, and they are exploring every possible aspect of this in the hopes of resolving the situation. However, it is far too early to have anything more on it, as matchmaking is probably the most temperamental type of fundamental structural system in the game (as I mentioned previously in this comment).

While the team investigates, my only remotely plausible suggestion to try and alleviate the strain on you all trying to play on PC would be to utilize the Private Matches by way of Looking For Group posts, in the meantime. I know, that is not ideal, but it is all I have at this time as a confirmed workaround. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@mattshotcha I apologize for any kind of problem voicing what was being said over on Steam but that board to be honest seemingly gets ignored and lots of folks get the impression  their complaints or concerns aren't being read. The PC community is also extremely toxic so take that into consideration. I am just as guilty of getting frustrated at the situation but I understand it takes time to fix issues others are not as patient. To initially issue  a "blanket" statement that the game is too far into it's life cycle to delve into fixing a issue was maybe a bit too hasty as you can see the severity of the issue got a ton worse to the point where you can't play the game online as intended. I've done as much as I can to provide evidence and information regarding the alleged person who is claiming responsibility for these issues.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:19 PM, mattshotcha said:

If you have information on the subject, send it in to JasonKillsBugs.com 

Will that even do anything? Rofl

These hacks have been going on for awhile now, and nothing has changed.

It's sad to see F13 die this way.

No credibility is right. It was lost long before the lawsuit even came in.

19 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

@mattshotcha I apologize for any kind of problem voicing what was being said over on Steam but that board to be honest seemingly gets ignored and lots of folks get the impression  their complaints or concerns aren't being read. The PC community is also extremely toxic so take that into consideration. I am just as guilty of getting frustrated at the situation but I understand it takes time to fix issues others are not as patient. To initially issue  a "blanket" statement that the game is too far into it's life cycle to delve into fixing a issue was maybe a bit too hasty as you can see the severity of the issue got a ton worse to the point where you can't play the game online as intended. I've done as much as I can to provide evidence and information regarding the alleged person who is claiming responsibility for these issues.

I wouldn't say it was too hasty, keep in mind, I'm not confirming yet that we'll be able to do anything more on the situation. But the situation has escalated to the point where we need to explore every possible option. See the major disconnect here is that you're not hearing everything I'm saying. And I take responsibility for that, I can try and explain this better.

The game is WAY too far along to completely restructure something like matchmaking. That's still entirely true. There are other factors inhibiting that than just time, but that's a whole other side of the issue. I also didn't say anything remotely as widespread as you quoted here. You said I "issued a blanket statement that the game is too far along to fix an issue". I never said that. Hell, the upcoming patch has the fix for giant weapons in it. But what I need you to understand is that this isn't simply "an issue" in the game. This isn't a wonky integer that needs an adjustment and all will be right in the world. To make it sound like a broken pinky finger is way short of what it actually is. This is the spine, the core of a multiplayer game, and it's a system that was not built by the current team working on the game. 

I hope that explains things better, feel free to follow up with any questions and I'll do my best to elaborate further.

15 hours ago, Sogreth said:

Will that even do anything? Rofl

These hacks have been going on for awhile now, and nothing has changed.

It's sad to see F13 die this way.

No credibility is right. It was lost long before the lawsuit even came in.

JasonKillsBugs.com won't do anything if you don't report anything. That's a fact. Support sites only work if players send in reports. While I report on things from the community, they will be able to keep tickets open and discuss in an ongoing fashion any details the team might request more info on and so on. They also will be able to quantify incoming issues to properly illustrate the level of impact within the community. It goes back to what I said earlier about working with you all.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 12:47 PM, mattshotcha said:

I wouldn't say it was too hasty, keep in mind, I'm not confirming yet that we'll be able to do anything more on the situation. But the situation has escalated to the point where we need to explore every possible option. See the major disconnect here is that you're not hearing everything I'm saying. And I take responsibility for that, I can try and explain this better.

The game is WAY too far along to completely restructure something like matchmaking. That's still entirely true. There are other factors inhibiting that than just time, but that's a whole other side of the issue. I also didn't say anything remotely as widespread as you quoted here. You said I "issued a blanket statement that the game is too far along to fix an issue". I never said that. Hell, the upcoming patch has the fix for giant weapons in it. But what I need you to understand is that this isn't simply "an issue" in the game. This isn't a wonky integer that needs an adjustment and all will be right in the world. To make it sound like a broken pinky finger is way short of what it actually is. This is the spine, the core of a multiplayer game, and it's a system that was not built by the current team working on the game. 

I hope that explains things better, feel free to follow up with any questions and I'll do my best to elaborate further.

JasonKillsBugs.com won't do anything if you don't report anything. That's a fact. Support sites only work if players send in reports. While I report on things from the community, they will be able to keep tickets open and discuss in an ongoing fashion any details the team might request more info on and so on. They also will be able to quantify incoming issues to properly illustrate the level of impact within the community. It goes back to what I said earlier about working with you all.

When is this patch supposed to come out?
What problems will it solve?

21 minutes ago, The Rain said:

When is this patch supposed to come out?
What problems will it solve?

As soon as we have confirmed the date and timing, we'll share the date and details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Played on PC for about 5 hours last night, didn't hit one hacked lobby. Didn't do anything special, either. Wonder if it was luck...

It was pure luck.I've tried just about every region. I heard Turkey was a decent region and I did find a few normal matches but my ping is horrible and still I ended up in a modded lobby after a few normal matches.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:48 AM, Phantom Stranger said:

It sounds like a little of Column A and Column B.

• Like 2

I hope the patch comes soon, because I miss playing this game. I don't understand how some people are even remotely-mentally stimulated by these idiotic hacked lobbies.

The patch is not addressing the matchmaking/hacked lobby situation that is a separate issue of it's own. I myself don't think the hacked lobby problem will be solved.I know they'll try and fix it but to no avail. Unless they change their mind about diving into the main code of the game which Matt has made that pretty clear they are NOT going to those lengths to solve the problem. I hope I'm wrong and they can find a solution but I'm not holding my breath.

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

The patch is not addressing the matchmaking/hacked lobby situation that is a separate issue of it's own. I myself don't think the hacked lobby problem will be solved.I know they'll try and fix it but to no avail. Unless they change their mind about diving into the main code of the game which Matt has made that pretty clear they are NOT going to those lengths to solve the problem. I hope I'm wrong and they can find a solution but I'm not holding my breath.

I see now many people are giving people this game a negative rating on Steam because it is not playable in multiplayer. So while fixing small issues like that is fine, it doesn't amount to much if we can't even play multiplayer. It is a shame, because I really liked this game. The state of it now, I would not recommend it to anyone for PC.

I have the game also for Xbox One, but I don't want to have to pay for Xbox live to play it online. That's the reason why I got it for PC in the first place. Are hacked lobbies an issue there?

1 hour ago, Fatal Error said:

I have the game also for Xbox One, but I don't want to have to pay for Xbox live to play it online. That's the reason why I got it for PC in the first place. Are hacked lobbies an issue there?

No, there's no hacked lobbies on Xbox or console in general. No hacking issues at all really, and the player base on Xbox is still fairly sizable so I rarely have issues finding a lobby... Just staying in one where the host doesn't quit or you get disconnected. This is the first online game I ever played, and I wasn't happy either when I found out I'd have to pay an additional $10 a month to play a game I already shelled out 60 bucks for. Turned out to be well worth it for me in the end. It just depends on how badly you want to play the game and if you're willing to shell out the extra cash for it, especially if you don't play Xbox enough that the Ultimate Game Pass doesn't appeal to you.

• Like 1