So apparently there are hacks going around that allow hosts to host more than 8 players in one lobby, submitted to Jason Kills Bugs. I could not get a screenshot uploaded in this thread as it was too big.

Well with the Steam sales new players will believe that the game is like that since it's impossible to play without getting sucked into those shitty servers. 😞

Just watch it'll give you a idea of what us PC  users are dealing with.    

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Jesus Christ dude, stuff like this are the reason why I never want to go back playing the PC version of this game. 

I've been reading about the PC version and its grievances. I talked a buddy in my neighborhood into swapping versions this weekend. I'm gonna play PC while he plays PS4. I want to experience the insanity for myself.

• Like 5

On 2/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, Fair Play said:

I want to experience the insanity for myself.

It's really not fun at all especially if you get to play as Jason. Really kind of pointless unless you want to be level 150 from a low level very quickly(700,000 XP in one match). I just go straight to the sweater now if I get stuck in one of these lobbies so they can't kill Jason.

• Like 1

Hello!
There are a lot of cheaters! Therefore, there are a lot of these servers, developers cannot do anything about it.
If you want to play on normal servers, then when the match starts, quit the match!

If you would like more information, write me on the discord: LennyFirst#6666
Wait for a response from the Moderators.

7 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It's really not fun at all especially if you get to play as Jason. Really kind of pointless unless you want to be level 150 from a low level very quickly(700,000 XP in one match). I just go straight to the sweater now if I get stuck in one of these lobbies so they can't kill Jason.

I tried it out. I definitely feel for all of you PC players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The one positive I'll say about these servers is teamers basically have no power. With so many players and everybody constantly returning as Jarvis unless they decide to escape. Teamers are basically powerless on these servers. Even with the team killing enabled, people come back indefinitely.

That said. The server definitely has no rhythm or reason other than to time waste I guess? Zero attempts are made to make it something fun or intense. Counselors can hold an infinite amount of items, every Jason other than the cutscene intro is Savini. When you already have Savini, its boring. Would be more cool if the extra Jasons were all Uber or all the Jasons.

I definitely don't expect these servers to be patched out. It took constant shots at Matt on reddit for him to even acknowledge what's going on with the hot fix, which has now turned into a bigger patch apparently. It shouldn't have to come to that to get an answer.

• Like 1

I have actually played in these lobbies numerous times - not by choice;  just kept being dropped in them no matter how many times I've backed out.

My understanding from hearing other players talk is that these hacked lobbies exist only to boost XP. By playing a few matches, you can be level 150 really quick.

Question: is it true you can get banned for just being in a hacked lobby? I heard people saying that and it didn't sound right to me. Why should players, who have no control over which lobby they get dropped into, be banned? We didn't ask to be dropped into a hacked lobby.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Fuck that shit. As much as I love this game, it is simply not worth putting up with that level of bullshit.

That is really the only benefit is you can go from a very low level to close to 150 or to 150 in 1 match which is unfair to us really old timers who bought the the game at or near May 26 2017. I bought it I think June 7th and it took me until Halloween to finally get to 150.

how do you guys find these lobbys often i was only able to get in it once and it took me two matches to get to 150 from that

9 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

BTW the teleport/sliding weapon glitch is back. On PS anyway.

It never got patched or the patch failed to fix it, that was suppose to been fixed in the final patch.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:13 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

It never got patched or the patch failed to fix it, that was suppose to been fixed in the final patch.

So much for that.

• Like 4

I know it’s not a hacked lobby, though: what’s the point of 3-4 players (!) trying to get Jason to kill me? And if he still doesn’t succeed, they do everything they can to make his job easier. They push into the trap I just opened, enter the free way, opens all the doors, etc. What's the point of that? (Unfortunately, about 6 out of 10 games in the last months end with the host leaving. )

@mattshotcha are you guys going to do anything about these because its making the game unplayable due to games not being able to start due to these modded lobbies and people joining/resetting the start timers.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, Mayday said:

Well with the Steam sales new players will believe that the game is like that since it's impossible to play without getting sucked into those shitty servers. 😞

Yeah steam shouldn't allow this trash to be sold on their platform anymore. Its straight up false advertising with those trailers.

On 2/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, tyrant666 said:

The one positive I'll say about these servers is teamers basically have no power. With so many players and everybody constantly returning as Jarvis unless they decide to escape. Teamers are basically powerless on these servers. Even with the team killing enabled, people come back indefinitely.

That said. The server definitely has no rhythm or reason other than to time waste I guess? Zero attempts are made to make it something fun or intense. Counselors can hold an infinite amount of items, every Jason other than the cutscene intro is Savini. When you already have Savini, its boring. Would be more cool if the extra Jasons were all Uber or all the Jasons.

I definitely don't expect these servers to be patched out. It took constant shots at Matt on reddit for him to even acknowledge what's going on with the hot fix, which has now turned into a bigger patch apparently. It shouldn't have to come to that to get an answer.

I'm not sure where the end of this comment is coming from. I've responded to any tags on any of our official channels with updates to the status of the incoming patch. The situation with that sub is not a matter of neglect by me, so much as a matter of neglect by the sub team to run their Reddit. And no it didn't take "constant shots" for me to acknowledge anything, just tag me and ask. You're intentionally misrepresenting something to make me look like I've somehow slacked in my responsibility. "It shouldn't have to come to that to get an answer" is correct, and it doesn't have to. Just tag me and ask and I answer. Reddit "came to that" well before this patch. The "constant shots" have been the case there, with little to no moderation, for two years now and have nothing to do with the situation now.

Anyone who has tagged me on one of our supported channels has gotten a response. This type of comment is solely posted to stir the pot.

By the way @tyrant666 <---- That's how you tag. Type @ and start typing out mattshotcha. The forums will do the rest for you.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

BTW the teleport/sliding weapon glitch is back. On PS anyway.

The method has been adapted a bit and as time goes on, more widespread. But the team has put more work in on this issue with the upcoming patch.

On 2/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, Redcat345 said:

@mattshotcha are you guys going to do anything about these because its making the game unplayable due to games not being able to start due to these modded lobbies and people joining/resetting the start timers.

Thanks for the tag. 

The situation with the modded lobbies has been investigated and will not be fixed in the upcoming patch as it would require significant changes to some key areas of the game. Core structural changes like that are a bit of a Pandora's Box. Unfortunately, that is outside of the scope at this point. 

The current workaround is to exit those matches and search quick play again, as not every lobby is a modded lobby, or leverage the Private Match feature.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The current workaround is to exit those matches and search quick play again, as not every lobby is a modded lobby, or leverage the Private Match feature.

Well not to sound out of line  BUT 666 kind of has a point even if all of what he said is a bit over the top. This is the first time I've seen you respond to this issue on this forum and it has been a issue for quite sometime.Sorry I don't use Reddit or Twitter. It is a MAJOR problem on PC and what you suggest is good in theory but if you leave these "hacked" lobbies to try and find another normal lobby you more often than not get sucked right back in that same lobby, it's a vicious circle.The hackers have taken over the PC version they are  nearly impossible to avoid now. According to you basically nothing can be or will be done about it.I've given up reporting hacker with evidence because they use "FAKE" Steam accounts so they aren't really getting banned it's just some random account that gets banned.They are using a Steam account generator to get around the bans.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha I'm sorry, but the subject of "tagging you" is definitely six of one, half a dozen of the other. Firstly, do you honestly believe that tagging YOU so that WE can get an update as to what is happening with YOUR (Gun Media's) game is what it should take for a Lead Community Dev to update the community on THEIR official forum? If that Reddit user didn't make that post about your account, you wouldn't have responded leading to info about the supposed hotfix being escalated into a full patch. What about the common decency of showing some initiative and providing the player base with that information of your own accord in an official capacity? I saw your Reddit comment before it was posted here by chance (i'm not a frequent Reddit user) and the first thing I thought was, "shouldn't that info be posted on the official forum?" Instead your last comment relating to the follow up patch was 30th November (from my observation) and without that Reddit post we were still very much in the dark, so to speak. I'm sure you are fully aware how much the guys on here adore the game and have been waiting with bated breath to hear something about the proposed fix to the last pitiful patch attempt (lets call a spade a spade), and not only did it fail as far as exploits go but also added new glitches. In a nutshell, the last patch dropped damn near FOUR months ago and we were last told about a hotfix around that time and nothing more. Do you see where I'm coming from? Do you see where tyrant666 is coming from if you look past the preceived "misrepresentation"? Secondly, irrespective of being tagged, I've seen that you still navigate these neck of the woods because you locked a topic just the other day for regurgitating old conspiracies, and you weren't even tagged in the latest conversation that caused you to do so. On the 26th January TimDuke 01 created a topic solely to ask if there is anything being done about the hacking on PC. He named you but didn't tag you so got no response from you. So which is it - tag you or take shots at you/GM to get a response (rhetorical sarcasm for the purpose of emphasis btw). Why is it that you couldn't take that same energy when locking the topic mentioned above to address the community's concerns about the indefinitely pending patch and the hackfest posts that were made as far back as December (within the last patch notes)? If it was because Black Tower were fighting a losing battle, then just say. We'd always appreciate the upfront honesty. You say that you've responded to tags, but does quoting you not work just as well? Personally I get notifications from posts I'm quoted in, and I ask this because on the 12th January in 'Patch Notes - 11.10.2020' your 30th November statement about the team working on an update patch was quoted with a question asking if there is "any news on this patch?" To which there was no response from you, Matt. So what are we supposed to think when there is no proactive update, intervening updates or a response to direct quotes from you pertaining to the massive elephant in the room? It really shouldn't take negative comments, whether they be on here, Reddit or any other forms of social media, to get information on F13 that you know we desire. And I am fully aware that it doesn't always take negative jabs to get a response from you. But you have to acknowledge that your silence on the status of the game since just after the last patch dropped has spoken volumes. Please direct me to any topics/posts where you have fully addressed these matters, in case I may have missed it, and I will concede accordingly. So with all that being said, are you able to expand on your Reddit post/response to Redcat345 in regards to details of what the next patch release will entail, including projected release date? Surely there must be a lot more going on under the bonnet for it to become a full patch, even if it's not to fix the shitshow (because that's what it is) on PC, right?

And please don't read this as me being heated or full of hate towards you personally or Gun. I'm just being real and direct, because that is how I like people to deal with me.

P.S. I really hope you guys remove/fix Jason's combat stance delay that was introduced last patch. I see what the team tried to do, but it was not the answer. Trying to initiate a quick block, block>grab, and especially a block>slash is next to impossible, especially with the more common 200+ ping players like myself experience now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well not to sound out of line  BUT 666 kind of has a point even if all of what he said is a bit over the top. This is the first time I've seen you respond to this issue on this forum and it has been a issue for quite sometime.Sorry I don't use Reddit or Twitter. It is a MAJOR problem on PC and what you suggest is good in theory but if you leave these "hacked" lobbies to try and find another normal lobby you more often than not get sucked right back in that same lobby, it's a vicious circle.The hackers have taken over the PC version they are  nearly impossible to avoid now. According to you basically nothing can be or will be done about it.I've given up reporting hacker with evidence because they use "FAKE" Steam accounts so they aren't really getting banned it's just some random account that gets banned.They are using a Steam account generator to get around the bans.

1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

@mattshotcha I'm sorry, but the subject of "tagging you" is definitely six of one, half a dozen of the other. Firstly, do you honestly believe that tagging YOU so that WE can get an update as to what is happening with YOUR (Gun Media's) game is what it should take for a Lead Community Dev to update the community on THEIR official forum? If that Reddit user didn't make that post about your account, you wouldn't have responded leading to info about the supposed hotfix being escalated into a full patch. What about the common decency of showing some initiative and providing the player base with that information of your own accord in an official capacity? I saw your Reddit comment before it was posted here by chance (i'm not a frequent Reddit user) and the first thing I thought was, "shouldn't that info be posted on the official forum?" Instead your last comment relating to the follow up patch was 30th November (from my observation) and without that Reddit post we were still very much in the dark, so to speak. I'm sure you are fully aware how much the guys on here adore the game and have been waiting with bated breath to hear something about the proposed fix to the last pitiful patch attempt (lets call a spade a spade), and not only did it fail as far as exploits go but also added new glitches. In a nutshell, the last patch dropped damn near FOUR months ago and we were last told about a hotfix around that time and nothing more. Do you see where I'm coming from? Do you see where tyrant666 is coming from if you look past the preceived "misrepresentation"? Secondly, irrespective of being tagged, I've seen that you still navigate these neck of the woods because you locked a topic just the other day for regurgitating old conspiracies, and you weren't even tagged in the latest conversation that caused you to do so. On the 26th January TimDuke 01 created a topic solely to ask if there is anything being done about the hacking on PC. He named you but didn't tag you so got no response from you. So which is it - tag you or take shots at you/GM to get a response (rhetorical sarcasm for the purpose of emphasis btw). Why is it that you couldn't take that same energy when locking the topic mentioned above to address the community's concerns about the indefinitely pending patch and the hackfest posts that were made as far back as December (within the last patch notes)? If it was because Black Tower were fighting a losing battle, then just say. We'd always appreciate the upfront honesty. You say that you've responded to tags, but does quoting you not work just as well? Personally I get notifications from posts I'm quoted in, and I ask this because on the 12th January in 'Patch Notes - 11.10.2020' your 30th November statement about the team working on an update patch was quoted with a question asking if there is "any news on this patch?" To which there was no response from you, Matt. So what are we supposed to think when there is no voluntary update, intervening updates or a response to direct quotes from you pertaining to the massive elephant in the room? It really shouldn't take negative comments, whether they be on here, Reddit or any other forms of social media, to get information on F13 that you know we desire. And I am fully aware that it doesn't always take negative jabs to get a response from you. But you have to acknowledge that your silence on the status of the game since just after the last patch dropped has spoken volumes. Please direct me to any topics/posts where you have fully addressed these matters, in case I may have missed it, and I will concede accordingly. So with all that being said, are you able to expand on your Reddit post/response to Redcat345 in regards to details of what the next patch release will entail, including projected release date? Surely there must be a lot more going on under the bonnet for it to become a full patch, even if it's not to fix the shitshow (because that's what it is) on PC, right?

And please don't read this as me being heated or full of hate towards you personally or Gun. I'm just being real and direct, because that is how I like people to deal with me.

P.S. I really hope you guys remove/fix Jason's combat stance delay that was introduced last patch. I see what the team tried to do, but it was not the answer. Trying to initiate a quick block, block>grab, and especially a block>slash is next to impossible, especially with the more common 200+ ping players like myself experience now.

Pretty much these.

I don't have a personal vendetta against Matt or Shifty or Ben. All the people that have been here over the years that have been punching bags for the community. Negative yes, personal no.

That said, we all expect answers and the fact that it seems like the only answer that can be given is a random post on a super, wild west forum like reddit about how the patch has turned into a bigger patch as the only info to be given is disappointing. The only info Black Tower Studios can relay back to the community lead is that the patch is going to be bigger?

Not enough.