Out of ten consecutive matches, how many have the host quit after being killed?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Out of ten consecutive matches, how many have the host quit after being killed by Jason?

• 1 out of 10
    • 2-4 out of 10
    • 5-7 out of 10
    • 8-10 out of 10
    • None
  2. 2. Out of ten consecutive matches, how many have the host quit after being killed by another counselor?

We all knew this was gonna happen more often since the last patch was dropped. How have your experiences been as of late?

• Like 4

I took a two week hiatus after the final patch because I knew it was going to be terrible. The player base had gotten so accustomed to just leaving a match if they felt like it, and a lot of the newer or casual players who came in after dedicated servers, I'm sure didn't even realize they'd be screwing people over when they left. When I came back, the game was virtually unplayable just like I feared. It was either the host quitting every match,  and if I did get to play a full-match, it was with high ping due to the hosts shitty connection. In recent weeks though, I have seen the situation get progressively better... Not nearly as many hosts quitting as a lot of the casuals/noobs seem to have figured it out. Of course I tend to cherry pick lobbies to make sure I'm the host, or the host is somebody whose higher level with decent ping, (Less likely to die early or quit) and as Jason I try to save the host for last when possible. So, that might have something to do with it too.

I haven't seen anyone quite after getting run over yet, but I did have one asshole escape by himself in the four-seater and then immediately leave the game. That felt like a bigger dick move than rage-quitting after they die. Anyone have the host try to grab the sweater almost immediately and try to hold you hostage yet? I've had that happen at least twice so far.

• Like 1

I can't say with any degree of certainty why the host quits each match but I would say roughly 5 out of 10 matches end because the host quits (for whatever reason) or gets disconnected.  I am assuming that when I see "You have been kicked.  Host left the match" it means the host actually quit the match.  When it says "You have been kicked.  Host was suspended" (or something like that) I assume that means the host either lost connection or just shut his xbox off entirely, disrupting the match. 

I think over the last few weeks I only saw the host get run over once and ya, he did quit the game. In a way I don't blame them as they probably want to punish the person who killed them (even if it means punishing everyone).  I myself have quit as host just once because Jason and the last counselor alive were teaming and just wasting people's time.

I would say another 2 in 10 matches end because I lost my connection.  So that basically means on average, I only get to finish 3 out of 10 matches I start.  Which isn't cool.

Has anyone else found the game hard to get used to when you are host?  Idk if I have just become used to playing the game with a ping around 100ms, but when I was host I found it hard to get used to how quick the frame rate is and it almost makes me dizzy. 

Almost every match I’ve played since the recent patch has ended in a rage quit. This game is almost unplayable now without dedicated servers or host migration. 

Yeah its all pretty bad at this point. Combine that with the teamers, trolls and russian servers with 30 players on Packacrap Small who hack people's accounts client side and its all one pretty big mess on PC anyway.

As usual, all we get from the powers that be is the tried and traditional...

1. Go to Jason Kills Bugs

Or

2. Total silence

Why anyone would blind buy their next title regardless if its Halloween, TCM or anything else is just crazy talk at this point. The lawsuit isn't valid here either because these were things well documented over the course of the game's existence from the start. Nothing to do with content.

50 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Yeah its all pretty bad at this point. Combine that with the teamers, trolls and russian servers with 30 players on Packacrap Small who hack people's accounts client side and its all one pretty big mess on PC anyway.

As usual, all we get from the powers that be is the tried and traditional...

1. Go to Jason Kills Bugs

Or

2. Total silence

Why anyone would blind buy their next title regardless if its Halloween, TCM or anything else is just crazy talk at this point. The lawsuit isn't valid here either because these were things well documented over the course of the game's existence from the start. Nothing to do with content.

The fact that they’ve completely abandoned this game in the broken state that it’s in would definitely deter me from buying anything else from them in the future. If you’re going to walk away from the game, at least leave it in a better state than it started. 

• Like 1

I tend to agree PC/Steam is a hackers paradise now  and they have a software that keeps them from getting banned now. Almost every other lobby I enter is a hacked lobby with like 50 players. Seemingly NOTHING is going to be done about it either. I don't think I'll be buying any more games from them either if they can be hacked so easily.Jasonkillsbugs is a total joke now.

4 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

The fact that they’ve completely abandoned this game in the broken state that it’s in would definitely deter me from buying anything else from them in the future. If you’re going to walk away from the game, at least leave it in a better state than it started. 

On the bright side, the login server is still a thing. Once that's gone, then they've walked away from the game. I'd say it's more like the bags are packed, and one hand is on the doorknob. You look around in the empty room and reflect on the memories (good and bad), before you open the door and walk away.

As far as the "silence", I doubt there is much to say to that any of us still coming here want to hear. The final patch has come along, and outside of fixing any issues that came from said patch, I don't see much else coming. The offline profile access is the only thing left to hope for, and we've been told that won't potentially happen until the login server is ready for shutdown. Will we get offline profile access? Only time will tell.

• Like 2

I don't even bother recording evidence now and submitting it. I'm just wasting my time that person will just return within a matter of minutes even IF they get a ban and be hacking again.

6 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I don't even bother recording evidence now and submitting it. I'm just wasting my time that person will just return within a matter of minutes even IF they get a ban and be hacking again.

Out of curiosity, do they pop into private matches and do the same stuff. Or is it just quick play?

Also, do you ever rage quit when you see hacking going on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Out of curiosity, do they pop into private matches and do the same stuff. Or is it just quick play?

Also, do you ever rage quit when you see hacking going on?

Not sure I'd consider that rage-quitting. I wouldn't blame anyone for saying, fuck this shit I'm out, when you see that level of hacking going on. 

Well as soon as you enter a waiting lobby it is obvious it's a hacked lobby as you can see more than 8 people in the lobby screen. I usually just leave right then and there and it usually says it's a "server". I did stay once or twice and I went straight for the sweater and it was on HHB and the shack was not on the island so I swam out and there is that little tiny shack and hid the rest of the match and survived the night and got 700,000 xp not that I needed it.

15 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Not sure I'd consider that rage-quitting. I wouldn't blame anyone for saying, fuck this shit I'm out, when you see that level of hacking going on. 

If you're upset and frustrated when you leave during a match because of hacking and such, then it is rage quitting. I do get why people would do it in that instance, and I would not hold it against them. Nobody should have to endure such nonsense.

12 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well as soon as you enter a waiting lobby it is obvious it's a hacked lobby as you can see more than 8 people in the lobby screen. I usually just leave right then and there and it usually says it's a "server". I did stay once or twice and I went straight for the sweater and it was on HHB and the shack was not on the island so I swam out and there is that little tiny shack and hid the rest of the match and survived the night and got 700,000 xp not that I needed it.

It's a wonder they don't just give you a million EXP. Gotta love the impatient crowd.

It doesn't take long getting to 150 the traditional way with double EXP in play.

• Like 1