Sign in to follow this  
IcrazyKid855

Game Counselors in other games?

So I was wondering since the F13 game Counselors are original characters made by Gun (except Fox, Tommy and Shelly) could they be included in the next project? I mean say if the next project does end up being Halloween, could say Tiffany or Chad pop up as a playable character again or do they now count as “F13 property”? I only ask this since I think it would be cool if Gun included some of their own characters again. 

4 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

So I was wondering since the F13 game Counselors are original characters made by Gun (except Fox, Tommy and Shelly) could they be included in the next project? I mean say if the next project does end up being Halloween, could say Tiffany or Chad pop up as a playable character again or do they now count as “F13 property”? I only ask this since I think it would be cool if Gun included some of their own characters again. 

I don't see why not when the character models have been created by Gun are part of their property. It would hinge on what the new game is and how it plays. If it were totally different on a new engine with new character models then they would have to recreate all the characters for the new game. Obviously whatever the new game is will have its own new characters. With enough fan backing perhaps Gun could add these characters as a free nostalgic update or worse case a small paid DLC character pack. It would also give them a chance to have included further clothing packs and additions to the Halloween and swimwear line that were developed, but sadly never entered the game. I will support your cause further down the line if its possible, failing that I'm sure the community would voice their opinion to include a horror character trope that might be missing from the new game - even if its to make an original character to fill that character gap. Time will tell, we just have to be patient.

5 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

You forgot about Mitch and ironically, Victoria. I don't know why gun didn't/couldn't use the character names (They used Foxs'), but there isn't any doubt who those characters are supposed to be. They even refer to Shelly as Sheldon. Was it cheaper to use just the likeness' and not the names? Tiffany might be a bit problematic too. While not a direct character from the game, any fan of the franchise can tell she was closely inspired by the twins from Part 4. Change her clothing though, and it's probably fine. Not sure what legal issues might arise from using the characters of the guys who paid to have their likenesses in the game. Does Gun own those for life now, or do the backers have say in whether or not their likeness can be used in another game or even get compensated for it?

Yeah though, I can see a character or two being included as a DLC Easter egg for fans, if the next game is successful, though the characters they can actually use might be limited.

25 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

You forgot about Mitch and ironically, Victoria. I don't know why gun didn't/couldn't use the character names (They used Foxs'), but there isn't any doubt who those characters are supposed to be. They even refer to Shelly as Sheldon. Was it cheaper to use just the likeness' and not the names? Tiffany might be a bit problematic too. While not a direct character from the game, any fan of the franchise can tell she was closely inspired by the twins from Part 4. Change her clothing though, and it's probably fine. 

Yeah Sheldon and Fox and Tommy are definitely not allowed because they have the likeness of the actors as well as the name of the character from the films. Victoria, Mitch and Tiffany should be fine though because although they are similar, they still don’t have the likeness or the same name from the films so nothing can happen in terms of legal issues. 

I just hope we get a pack with these characters again, it would be a great nod to F13 the game and also give the characters another chance. 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, IcrazyKid855 said:

I  just hope we get a pack with these characters again, it would be a great nod to F13 the game and also give the characters another chance. 

I agree, in fact Gun had already created files that included extra clothing DLC for all the characters. This included a Halloween outfit for Victoria and the other missed characters, slumber party dlc and swimwear expansion. Its a shame the later characters never got the customisation the standard game characters got. If they did add fan favourite f13 characters as an option in the new game they could also give or sell us the content we never got, even from a purely business point it would make sense. 

Here's a video showing showing you all of them if you haven't seen them. Check out Victoria's 'sleep wear'...

9 minutes ago, Mr Unlucky said:

I agree, in fact Gun had already created files that included extra clothing DLC for all the characters. This included a Halloween outfit for Victoria and the other missed characters, slumber party dlc and swimwear expansion. Its a shame the later characters never got the customisation the standard game characters got. If they did add fan favourite f13 characters as an option in the new game they could also give or sell us the content we never got, even from a purely business point it would make sense. 

Here's a video showing showing you all of them if you haven't seen them. Check out Victoria's 'sleep wear'...

Yeah this would be amazing! It really hurts to see all of that content knowing we will never get to have it but I just hope one day in the next game we can take a trip down memory lane and have a DLC with all of this! 

Since the content was tied to the F13 license, I'd be curious if that would hinder such an idea. It would prove interesting if such a thing could happen.

I know other companies have put their original characters and/or content in other games made by them.

• Like 2