AngliNex

Do parents care anymore?

So a few days ago I was in a lobby with some kid who sounds like he was 10.  When I was a kid I totally played games that where rated above my age.  I'm not pretending that it's not a thing.  However I never played a game where you can be a brutal serial killer who murders half naked women.  I played like Southpark or COD.  On top of that he was throwing around words like Racist and Homophobic like it was your run of the mill trash talk.  Did I miss something?  Or is the world on fire?

i tend to make fun of these kids.

saying stuff like:

"you know kid, when i was your age my parents didnt buy me M rated games, because they loved me.

your parents are letting you play this because they dont love you. when youre playing games by yourself it equals time they dont have to deal with you. which tells me you were an accident"

8 out 10 absolutely RAGE. or cry.

• Like 1

@AngliNex, not all of those kids are bad. For every few hellions you encounter, there's a decent one in the mix. Some of them are a bit more mature than some of the adults playing.

• Like 3

Like I said I'm not claiming to have followed all of the game ratings myself as a kid.  Just the things this kid was saying..... wtf?  I haven't heard adults use those words a freely as this kid was.  Where did he even learn them?

3 hours ago, AngliNex said:

Like I said I'm not claiming to have followed all of the game ratings myself as a kid.  Just the things this kid was saying..... wtf?  I haven't heard adults use those words a freely as this kid was.  Where did he even learn them?

It's a completely different era of gaming. You have entitled, spoiled, and very vulgar / ill-mannered children gaming these days.

As far as where they may have picked up such colorful words, look to the "adults" they emulate.

All parents aren't perfect, but I applaud those that still believe in actually parenting their children, rather letting technology babysit them.

Thankfully, you have mute (when it works). You can also create a party chat with just yourself as an alternate option.

• Like 4

On 11/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, AngliNex said:

However I never played a game where you can be a brutal serial killer who murders half naked women. 

I've played plenty of games where you can murder half naked woman.  Some of those games even allow you to eat them...

Besides, This is a F13th game..  You can also murder men who are even more naked than the women.

As far as kids go.   Bad parents are bad parents.

yes parents are *******, there are stuped little kids with 1 - 2 mental years that are playing and screaming all time, and playing this +17 game, usa ******, they are inferior