Sign in to follow this  
Mayday

Identity theft

@mattshotcha  Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I was in a game and someone had spoofed my main Steam profile. When I clicked on the player's name, my Steam profile (which is blocked) appeared in Steam rep. I am playing on a secondary account at the moment.
Hackers are able to steal your Steam account and cheat to banish the innocent.

This is very serious and I hope the developers will be careful before banning the player that it is Steam account overlay. https://ibb.co/0ZDS7f9

jx.PNG

You can back end my account and you will see that I didn't log into the game today because my account is blocked. And to see that I didn't use Jason X 😬

My profile Steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/Deathground/

• Like 4

The same thing happened to me yesterday and today. Someone made a redirect to my account and when I click "view profile" my profile opens and by the way, in the history of players (with whom I played) my profile appears as if I were playing with myself.

• Like 3

Hey gang, while this may look serious, our backend should be able to distinguish between these spoofs and the actual account.

The support team has been made aware and is awaiting the tickets with details.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey gang, while this may look serious, our backend should be able to distinguish between these spoofs and the actual account.

The support team has been made aware and is awaiting the tickets with details.

You mean you are waiting for my ticket to JKB or the tickets of the players who will report me ?

1 hour ago, Mayday said:

You mean you are waiting for my ticket to JKB or the tickets of the players who will report me ?

Your ticket. We'll need this in the ticket system.

• Thanks 2

Just when you think things can't get any worse...

It would be less time consuming for people to just play the game without doing stuff like this.

• Like 2