The Noble Idiot

Japanese Voice Files Within the Game

I figured it was better to ask now before the forum was archived; what exactly was the deal with the Japanese voices? I thought it was for an actual dub, but no other languages seemed to have received such a treatment and the very few times I've seen Japanese gameplay, the English voices were used in-game. My best guess is that a proper dub was planned and scrapped pretty late in development, as every character currently in the game has been dubbed. Here's a comparison of a line from Kenny and Jenny in both languages.

Edit: I forgot to mention that even the single player cutscenes have dubs as well.

As well as the scrapped emote voice lines.

Kenny EN & JP.mp3 Jenny EN& JP.mp3

7 hours ago, The Noble Idiot said:

@mattshotcha Am I allowed to put up a download link with all of the voices, or is that an issue? I was gonna post a few more comparisons, but the site's being stingy with file sizes.

7 hours ago, The Noble Idiot said:

I figured it was better to ask now before the forum was archived; what exactly was the deal with the Japanese voices? I thought it was for an actual dub, but no other languages seemed to have received such a treatment and the very few times I've seen Japanese gameplay, the English voices were used in-game. My best guess is that a proper dub was planned and scrapped pretty late in development, as every character currently in the game has been dubbed. Here's a comparison of a line from Kenny and Jenny in both languages.

Edit: I forgot to mention that even the single player cutscenes have dubs as well.

Kenny EN & JP.mp3 192.9 kB · 0 downloads Jenny EN& JP.mp3 220.45 kB · 1 download

you got the link to jason x?

I would have to check with the team on what happened there and why.

I also would prefer to not have our official forums house unreleased anything, of any sort.

5 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I would have to check with the team on what happened there and why.

I also would prefer to not have our official forums house unreleased anything, of any sort.

Duly noted, sorry about that.