RustInPeace

In regards to reverting back to P2P server setup

17 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The current plan is to revert to offline saves, but that will only happen if the database servers need to be shutdown, which is pretty far off.

will the bug where your pocket knife dissapers when you throw fire crackers be patched?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, the fox said:

will the bug where your pocket knife dissapers when you throw fire crackers be patched?

Yup. That was a high priority item for this patch.

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Yup. That was a high priority item for this patch.

hi would this patch fix many of the spray cancels and or morphing with a counselor 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

hi would this patch fix many of the spray cancels and or morphing with a counselor 

Full patch notes are coming. 

Hang tight.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:29 AM, Fair Play said:

Many people (myself included) are wondering about that. I was also wondering if the option to possess more than 30 perks would ever be possible. Some perks are less useful than others, but some players might appreciate the option to have space for one of each, while working towards the Rare and Legendary ones. With the final patch coming, I'm not getting my hopes up.

This game had an interesting run. So has the forum.

Best wishes for wherever your gaming journey takes you.

Out of curiosity, how many people would you say that you've run down?

I would say  ive ran over somewhere near 500 plus,  I also play with another backer.... that helps up the number at a faster rate.

8 hours ago, the fox said:

I have been here since the minute this game was released, and there has NEVER been a patch that didnt screw up a bunch of other things.... I dont see that changing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Any offline bot stuff included in this final patch?

@mattshotcha

This 👆🏻

audio intro sync?
Bots tweaks?
Tommy intro lines added back in?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

I have been here since the minute this game was released, and there has NEVER been a patch that didnt screw up a bunch of other things.... I dont see that changing.

Exactly. Yes the lawsuit had a affect on this games success but it also has been poorly managed from the start. It sucks but I expect we will be left with the same broken game we always had.

On 11/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, mattshotcha said:

Ok. Care to expand on that profound legal insight?

Honestly.. id rather you guys explain how the movies and games can still be sold... yet this game isn't allowed new content.  

It never made sense...

Either way, it would have been pretty easy to tell both parties of the lawsuit that game should not be effected.  Because i doubt that that both parties sat there with their lawyers and decided to brick wall this game.     

Like i've said plenty of times, you guys could have made alot more money off new kills and clothing.  

I ran with this forEVER, and am sad to see it shut down, but in the state it's in, P2P is sufficient.

The next generation of console will be well served by a game similar to this done by a studio who makes sure they've secured the IP (given that every patch necessitated another patch, I'd say its benefit of the doubt to assume content development stopped because "the lawsuit made us do it" and not "every pipe we fix breaks two other pipes", but sure.)

Especially when they put together a game that has so much mythology that can be added from a starting point; this game could be done on a larger scale with 3x the maps and 5x the characters, and other potential victory conditions. Even things like memorizing the 6-8 part spawn locations on a map, as opposed to having dozens of random options.

Oh well, I got what I needed out of this game and then some and enjoyed it very much, and someone really inclined could build around some of the pillars shown to be really fun, while making a game with more options.

I'd eagerly come back to play that game on PS5; hopefully someone else has the common sense to be doing that right now, I'd imagine they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SDA said:

I ran with this forEVER, and am sad to see it shut down, but in the state it's in, P2P is sufficient.

Nah.. P2P is what will kill this game.  Dedicated servers is what actually saved  this game in the 1st place.

F13th still has a healthy player base.  Once this game goes back to P2P, most of that player base will not put up 90% of public games ending due to host leaving the game OR host losing connection.  At that point, the game will be dead.

• Like 1

Will we get a way to keep our unlocked Jasons and counselors once the data profile server goes offline?

9 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Will we get a way to keep our unlocked Jasons and counselors once the data profile server goes offline?

That is a good question. Perhaps we'll get a little patch after the final patch for that.

• Like 1

Now that the game is back to P2P it's a shame GM was unable to implement host migration as part of the process. Respective of that, the return of the salt mines wouldn't really work as trolls would just momentarily move to a different game and come back to continue rage quitting once their timeout had expired.

Something I believe GM could have done at first development was to have IllFonic implement a rating system whereby quitters and frequent disconnectors get matched up with each other, leaving the clean, legit players to play with no qualms. This is something that I had seen Konami do when I played PES (Pro Evo) back in the day. Players would get a 'AAA' to 'C' Courtesy Rating which worked along the lines of: 'AAA' means you've disconnected once or twice out of your last 50 games; 'AA' maybe up to 5 times; 'A' up to 10 times; 'B' would be 11 - 24 disconnections; 'C' means you've disconnected at least half your games. So when searching for games you would get matched up primarily with those of a similar rating to yourself. This would most certainly allow those who play fair and square to continue to do so and let those who think it's ok to leave because they died or they weren't selected as Jason to play in their own cesspool. It would also help to avoid players who disconnect often due to their McDonalds Wi-Fi. Additionally, players with a 'AAA' rating would be prioritised as host... But hey, hindsight is 20/20.