The Wise

A Guide to handle each Jason (help wanted)

So I've been meaning to write up a guide dissecting each Jason, their strengths and weakness and how best to play each one. 

I'm having difficulties with Jason part 7 and Jason part 8. Any help with them would be appreciated. 

And since you're already here, why not drop a quick comment how you feel about each Jason, or just your favorite one and what he excels at for you? 

All comments are appreciated, thank you for hearing me out.

7 hours ago, The Wise said:

So I've been meaning to write up a guide dissecting each Jason, their strengths and weakness and how best to play each one. 

I'm having difficulties with Jason part 7 and Jason part 8. Any help with them would be appreciated. 

And since you're already here, why not drop a quick comment how you feel about each Jason, or just your favorite one and what he excels at for you? 

All comments are appreciated, thank you for hearing me out.

No offense, but if you're having difficulty playing certain Jason's, I'm not sure you should be writing a guide on how to play Jason.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

No offense, but if you're having difficulty playing certain Jason's, I'm not sure you should be writing a guide on how to play Jason.

I think he meant he is having trouble writing a guide on Parts 7 and 8, not actually playing as or against them.

@The Wise  If you go through older threads on this forum you should find a lot of info that can help you.  There have been plenty of discussions on the pros and cons of each Jason over the years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I think he meant he is having trouble writing a guide on Parts 7 and 8, not actually playing as or against them

🤔 Not sure about that...

7 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

If you go through older threads on this forum you should find a lot of info that can help you.  There have been plenty of discussions on the pros and cons of each Jason over the years.

They're plainly listed on in-game strength and weakness stats. Surely this can't be the reason.

@Laotian Lam Thank you, this is precisely what I meant. 

@Somethin Cool I will look around but being new on this forum, I can't seem to find simple things like a search bar lol. I can play every Jason fairly well, to elaborate I am having difficulties dissecting the best way to play Jason part 7 and 8 in a unique manner. Allow me to explain. 

Part 2 has increased morph and traps, therefore I would say he is a territorial and defensive Jason, complete with ironic defense weakness stat. He it the man who shuts down objectives. 

Part 4 is the Demolition Jason, highly aggressive who breaks down cabins quickly and is always on the offensive play. I would count him as the early game Jason, since his strengths are all present from the start of the match.

However, part 7 and 8 Jason confuse me on how their playstyle would be unique. Part 7 has Weapon Strength plus Sense and has weak Stun Resistance and Less Traps. But I can't see him as the Jack of All Trades Jason, that title fits best with Part 3 who can do everything fairly average with no specific weakness to hinder him. So Part 7 to me is a weaker part 3. 

Part 8 used to be the Demolition expert just because of his Destruction strength, but Part 4 can do that plus run and Weapon Strength. While Part 8 has better Stalk which is nice, I can't see him as the Stalker/patient type like Part 9 because why be patient and wait for your prey when you have Destruction to force them out of their cabins? 

It's not that I've trouble playing as them, I'm average as Jason overall. It's that I have trouble thinking of unique ways or formats to play as those two. As in what makes them unique and different compared to the rest? 

@The Wise

It's not rocket science. You see a counselor you try to kill them. The Jason varients pretty much play the same. 

Think of it as all running Jason's on the easy spectrum. All walking Jason's on the hard spectrum. Then refigure your ways and formats.

Part 8 is my favorite Jason to play as.  I use his +destruction early in the match so I can more easily kill counselors later in the match.

My typical gameplay:

- Morph to wherever I think the Power Box is for Tommy's radio and bust it (I don't usually put a trap unless it is actually attached to the Radio Cabin)

- Bust every door I come across (and maybe some windows)

- Morph to the phone and trap it

- Bust every door I come across (and maybe some windows)

- Maybe go trap the car. Maybe

- Take advantage of all the broken doors and Stalk-Shift the living shit out of people.

- If everyone dies but one person and that one person is actively trying to escape then let 'em go.  Afterall, what is a horror movie without a final girl?

Keep in mind this Part 8 guide is from someone who is a counselor main and isn't very good at playing as Jason. ;)

use savini if you have him or part 3 dont use part 2 slow shift mask comes off easier you better trap stuff good he has  a slow shift and bad water speed so your screwed. part 6 has crappy morph mask comes off easier. part 9 is good for putting pressure on counsolors 

the thing that i love about part 7 is plus sense. i think its under rated. so many sound pings & it leads you right to them. you see them way a cross the map too. thats his objective controll, he can see which direction youre moving, thus he can see if youre moving toward an objective or if there is activity near an objective. part 7 is one of my favorites, if not my favorite in the game.

so thick skin for the weapon damage and stealthy counselors with some stealth perks should be youre best bet.. AJ with lite foot probably part 7's arch enemy..

7 hours ago, The Wise said:

Part 8 used to be the Demolition expert just because of his Destruction strength, but Part 4 can do that plus run and Weapon Strength. While Part 8 has better Stalk which is nice, I can't see him as the Stalker/patient type like Part 9 because why be patient and wait for your prey when you have Destruction to force them out of their cabins? 

I usually main P8, and a big reason why has a lot to do what you've mentioned here. His strengths are balanced well enough that I can play aggressive or stealthily when I want too, he's not penalized with low traps, or a crappy shift/morph giving him decent objective control. His weaknesses are negligible. Grip-strength is a joke, and I find the ability to run a bit overrated. When I play Jason, I like to play smart, and I feel like P8 gives me the best opportunity to do that. I can play multiple styles depending on the lobby I'm in, unlike say, 2 or 4 where you're kind of forced to play a certain way based on their strengths, and can wind up kind of screwed if those strengths get neutralized.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I usually main P8, and a big reason why has a lot to do what you've mentioned here. His strengths are balanced well enough that I can play aggressive or stealthily when I want too, he's not penalized with low traps, or a crappy shift/morph giving him decent objective control. His weaknesses are negligible. Grip-strength is a joke, and I find the ability to run a bit overrated. When I play Jason, I like to play smart, and I feel like P8 gives me the best opportunity to do that. I can play multiple styles depending on the lobby I'm in, unlike say, 2 or 4 where you're kind of forced to play a certain way based on their strengths, and can wind up kind of screwed if those strengths get neutralized.

I can sense the passion you got for part 8 in your response haha, thank you. I think you helped give me a new insight on Part 8 with that alone. Any words for Part 7 by any chance? :)

1 hour ago, The Wise said:

I can sense the passion you got for part 8 in your response haha, thank you. I think you helped give me a new insight on Part 8 with that alone. Any words for Part 7 by any chance? :)

Don't use him enough to have a strong opinion. glowing ooze gave a pretty good summary on what his key strength is, and weapon strength is always a plus. His only real weakness is that minus traps which can be a pain if you find yourself in a lobby of high repair consolers that are actually focusing on completing objectives. I'm just glad they took away that crappy shift he had, because 7 was the absolute shits before that buff.

• Thanks 1

I'll show you the pros and cons of Jason who is best for me as best I can.
1- Part 2 Jason
With this high trap Jason, you can prevent them from repairing the car or phone booth very conveniently. Because he's a running Jason (which I always do), you can end the consultant's endurance more easily. Let's move on to the morph feature. Chapter 2 Jason's morph fills up quickly so you can make sneaky attacks. Go a little further from the counselor. Then use your short shift. Talking about the mask, if you put yourself in protection mode and you are not injured from the back in protection mode, your mask will not fall off. I hope I was helpful. I will write each Jason individually, thank you for your understanding.

22 dakika önce Kanlı Jason şunları söyledi:

2- Part 3 Jason
This one comes from the Jason I use. This Jason is very good in every way. While it has its downsides, there is Jason with the best features compared to other Jason's.
In this Jason you start with 2 knives. Yes, it is not enough, but there are many knives on the map and when you start the game, you have 2 knives in your house. When playing with this Jason, you can very simply win the game by placing the traps correctly. 2 traps should be placed in the phone booth, 2 trapped vehicle batteries (I recommend you to throw 1 trap gasoline if you have a boat). You have 1 spare trap, save it in the phone booth. Chapter 3 Jason's gun is powerful so you can wound advisors faster. Use your shift to the full no matter what. Turn around if necessary, but don't cut the shift short. It causes your stamina to drain faster. If cutting consultants are traveling alone, shoot and shoot remotely. You'd better be caught unexpectedly. If the advisors are together, wait for them to attack you in guard mode and shoot with your gun when they do. Do not keep a counselor with the counselor, as this will be negative for you in every way. Because you're taking damage. If you have enough knives, move away from yourself and protect, throw your knives at the sweater and counselor at this distance. If your mask falls off, collect the knives you didn't collect on the map and throw them from afar. Throw morp as it approaches you.

....jason 3 doesnt have a gun....

nor any jason for that matter.

(jason with a gun... *pictures* fuck that is lame as shit, as lame as a bow)

Part 8- He's basically a part 9 but with destruction (edit: and with more traps). If you prefer destruction over shift he's your boy.

Part 7- Part 7 is a weird one, but one cool thing about him is that he can adapt really well to different scenarios. For counselors that slip up and do objectives, he has high Sense, so he can see them far away and Stalk+Shift grab them. He also has more Weapon Strength, which makes him better than the average Jason in regards to go against kill squads. But this is his main thing, adapt to what the team is: are they stealthy fixers or are they a troll killing squad?

There is another thing that you can do with Part 7, I call it the "submarine radar". This consists basically of Shifting to a river and use your Swim Speed and Sense to move faster around the map while seeing everyone. I got to say that this is more stylish than useful because half of the time you are not going to take much value out of this. However, if you combine this with Stalk, from the counselor's point of view, you would be suddenly coming from the dark deeps of the lake, just like the true Jason Voorhees.

11 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

....jason 3 doesnt have a gun....

nor any jason for that matter.

(jason with a gun... *pictures* fuck that is lame as shit, as lame as a bow)

Bow is not lame. He used one in 2009 remake and would be a weapon he has experience with in camp as a kid. Pamela used one on Brenda in part 1 as well. Also speargun in part 3.

• Like 1

another reason why the  remake is lame.

and pamela can use anything she wants because shes not a disfigured retard.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Bow is not lame. He used one in 2009 remake and would be a weapon he has experience with in camp as a kid. Pamela used one on Brenda in part 1 as well. Also speargun in part 3.

Agree 100%

53 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

another reason why the  remake is lame.

and pamela can use anything she wants because shes not a disfigured retard.

I figure if Mommy can use a bow I don’t see any reason her disfigured Mongoloid son couldn’t either.....he had nothing but time on his hands after his “drowning” living off the land and hunting in the woods using a bow doesn’t seem out of character to me...... 

Jason used the spear gun in part 3 part 4 and part 8......soooooo yeah that’s badass and definitely something he’s comfortable using......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Agree 100%

I figure if Mommy can use a bow I don’t see any reason her disfigured Mongoloid son couldn’t either.....he had nothing but time on his hands after his “drowning” living off the land and hunting in the woods using a bow doesn’t seem out of character to me...... 

Jason used the spear gun in part 3 part 4 and part 8......soooooo yeah that’s badass and definitely something he’s comfortable using......

Right here is "Logical theories" both valid & not out of possibilities.

• Thanks 1

he only properly used the gun on part 3. in 4 and 8 he stabbed people with it (he pulled the trigger on 4 but it did nothing).

needlesss to say i also consider the speargun kill in 3 to be too dumb.

i guess you could say i dont like melee (hand or weapon) killers to use ranged weapons. SPECIALLY a bow since being accurate with it requires a lot of discipline unless its point blank. i cannot picture jason spending 20 plus years practicing archery and not put all that training to use by making it his default weapon. had they made jason robin hood from the start i would have bought it entirely. but this way? no.

its as ruining as jason talking. "get the hell away from her, ed" is the moment that killed part 9 entirely for me, and i endured everything else in the movie. (and as google showed me, im not alone in this belief)

14 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

he only properly used the gun on part 3. in 4 and 8 he stabbed people with it (he pulled the trigger on 4 but it did nothing).

He did use it correctly in part 3 and proves he is a very good shot at a distance.

In part 4 he stabbed Paul with it and then pulled the trigger......

Part 8 he loads the speargun and fires it......he misses which proves he isn’t always 100 percent accurate with ranged weapons....or his aim has gotten worse with his  injuries or deteriorating from being dead alive and dead again.

needlesss to say i also consider the speargun kill in 3 to be too dumb

That kill is definitely not dumb you might not like it but it is one of the best kills in the series..... Jason walks out in his hockey mask for the first time and bullseye 🎯 blasts Vera drops the spear gun and walks off like a boss.

i guess you could say i dont like melee (hand or weapon) killers to use ranged weapons. SPECIALLY a bow since being accurate with it requires a lot of discipline unless its point blank. i cannot picture jason spending 20 plus years practicing archery and not put all that training to use by making it his default weapon.

Jason is shown several times throughout the series that he is not limited to just melee weapons.....

Just because Jason is shown using them and using them successfully doesn’t mean it is his Preferred method of killing..... he is quite creative and uses whatever means does the job.

had they made jason robin hood from the start i would have bought it entirely. but this way? no.

well they Establish that he is a good shot the first time he uses a ranged weapon in Part 3..... that is pretty early in the Series.

its as ruining as jason talking. "get the hell away from her, ed" is the moment that killed part 9 entirely for me, and i endured everything else in the movie. (and as google showed me, im not alone in this belief)

I Don’t disagree with you here JGTH is quite Polarizing for the fan base.... but if you can believe he can bounce from body to body and using it like a suit..... what’s the difference if he uses their vocal cords too...... Jason understands the English language Mommy used to talk to him and in the Original Friday the 13th when Pamela is telling Alice about him Drowning he calls for her to help him.......”Mommy help!” He shouts as he is drowning showing us that he used to speak.

Mrs. Voorhees even speaks for him “kill her Mommy kill her.”......I get that from that point on in the Series he doesn’t speak but it proves that he has the comprehensive skills enough that he probably could speak as long as his vocal cords are working properly.

thats a lot of assumptions.

he didnt talk when he was the coroner, he could have easily slipped by the guards by saying anything, but instead he killed them.

he didnt talk when he was the fat cop.

no no, he has to say his first words to warn someone....

i almost died, same when michael talked in halloween 2 (rob zombie). i was not the only one who yelled a loud BOOOO when he talked in the cinema.

On 11/1/2020 at 3:02 PM, ULTIMA said:

thats a lot of assumptions.

Which part?

I provided facts.....from the top of my post to the bottom.

he didnt talk when he was the coroner, he could have easily slipped by the guards by saying anything, but instead he killed them.

he didnt talk when he was the fat cop.

no no, he has to say his first words to warn someone....

i almost died, same when michael talked in halloween 2 (rob zombie). i was not the only one who yelled a loud BOOOO when he talked in the cinema.

Like is said I don’t disagree with you here I don’t want Jason or Michael talking in any film......

But my point was that it was established way back in the very first Friday the 13th that Jason can speak......and if we are to believe he can body hop as JGTH show us all parts of the body he is currently inhabiting is Fair game.

who the fuck cares about him as a boy? im talking about adult jason.

at least when he was human, he was fully capable of talking. but he never did. and when he does it in the lamest way possible (on par with michael)