The Wise

Jason's Rage should be altered

I believe it's just not as fun to play with the Rage buff. Cannot be stunned while in Rage by melee attacks unless the attack causes your mask to be removed. 

As a Counselor, you are limited to running, hiding, and utilizing bear traps to stun a Rage Jason. This serves as a nerf to high strength Counselors, their use is absent once Jason enters Rage. 

As Jason, Rage feels like playing with cheats on. Breaking through doors and walls is fine, but being able to tank hits sort of takes away from the fun for me. 

This is all subjective of course and I wouldn't be surprised if some people prefer the game the way it currently is, just wanted to share my opinion out there. Don't know if it would receive any updates in the future but fingers crossed. Thanks for hearing me out.

You realize the object of the game is to escape and not to smack Jason around like he's a piñata right? The rage buff is fine how it is. It accomplished what it was primarily supposed to do,  eliminate Battle-Chad squads with their swift-attacker and sucker punch equipped, so they could run around and troll Jason for twenty minutes to entertain their twelve Twitch followers. The Rage buff also shifted the focus from tea-bagging Jason, back to trying to escape the map as quickly as possible. Speaking from a counselor's perspective, I liked the rage buff. Unless Jason was really good,  the game had just gotten too easy. It's not perfect, but at least I become a little bit more concerned now whenever I hear Jason's mother start cackling. The Rage buff would never have been necessary in the first place if Counselor mains hadn't complained so much that the game was too hard because Jason was what he was supposed to be... A nearly unstoppable killing machine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

You realize the object of the game is to escape and not to smack Jason around like he's a piñata right? The rage buff is fine how it is. It accomplished what it was primarily supposed to do,  eliminate Battle-Chad squads with their swift-attacker and sucker punch equipped, so they could run around and troll Jason for twenty minutes to entertain their twelve Twitch followers. The Rage buff also shifted the focus from tea-bagging Jason, back to trying to escape the map as quickly as possible. Speaking from a counselor's perspective, I liked the rage buff. Unless Jason was really good,  the game had just gotten too easy. It's not perfect, but at least I become a little bit more concerned now whenever I hear Jason's mother start cackling. The Rage buff would never have been necessary in the first place if Counselor mains hadn't complained so much that the game was too hard because Jason was what he was supposed to be... A nearly unstoppable killing machine.

👍😁👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I feel being able to stun Jason with more objects while in Rage would remove much of the challenge and the suspenseful final stretch it's supposed to be. And as mentioned above, would only encourage players to keep beating on Jason, bullying and tea-bagging him. There's a reason playing like that only pushes him into Rage faster. 

• Like 1

The change of Rage mode - simply making Jason immune to stuns - will always be deemed as a quick band-aid fix to an irritating problem... Jason gangbang parties. Whilst a solution was much needed, there was very little thought put into its execution. As things stand, if you are a counselor playing with other players who are not getting any objectives done, then you will most likely end up dead. And although that might make sense in the small scheme of things, the bigger picture is that no one wants to lose the game through no fault of their own. Just like not everyone wants to stun Jason just to sit on his face. And even when playing as Jason I feel that Rage mode makes it all too easy for me to stop trying as hard, and as such I often approach counselors in blocking stance just so I can goad them into hitting me until their weapon breaks in order to bump up my Rage meter that much faster. Therefore a few things that I would hypothetically alter in regards to Rage mode are as follows:

1. Firecrackers and flare guns should still be able to stun Jason but for a much shorter period when in Rage. Something along the lines of Jason playing out the hit/stun animation minus the period of time where he remains frozen stiff. It will give more use to these items throughout a match, and to balance it out they will do no HP damage to Jason when in Rage.
  2. When Rage Jason is hit after grabbing a counselor he should also perform the shorter hit/stun animation. This will allow the dropped counselor to move away safely. We've all been in or seen scenarios where Jason just keeps repeatedly grabbing a counselor until the saving counselor's weapon breaks.
  3. This is something I've thought a little bit about; something the devs were seemingly unable to do. Due to Jason being somewhat vulnerable pre-Rage and briefly stunnable during Rage based on my alterations above, there would be two notable Rage modes put in play:
    Relentless Rage - This is the initial mode and can be triggered right from the start of a match. It is activated if Jason receives 3-5 successive hits/damages from counselors in quick succession and lasts for a 30 sec duration at any point up to the 13th minute. Relentless Rage can be triggered repeatedly if counselors proceed to resume their attemps at gangbanging/damaging Jason. RNG would determine the activation hit and there is no audible or visual cue (Pamela's laugh or Jason's red mask) for counselors when it is activated in order to keep them unawares.
    Unstoppable Rage - This is pretty much the same as Rage is now but without the Rage meter and less invincibility. Unstoppable Rage becomes automatically activated at the 13th minute, because if the match has lasted that long then the Jason player clearly needs the buff to help them fulfil mother's request.

This style of Rage implementation would protect Jason from being a piñata as he has the ability to be impervious to melee weapons, break through doors/walls and have his abilities cooldown faster from the get go. At the same time it'll allow counselors who only want to confront Jason in a bid to evade him a chance to do so without needing to worry about him entering Rage too soon. Also, the fact that some items can still stun Jason during Rage would help players to escape in the latter stages. It will also require more strategic thinking from kill squads, as they would need to coordinate their hits and not just beat on him, making demasking Jason that little bit more methodical and the kill feel that little bit more earned. Furthermore, the current Rage mode's level of invincibility makes it too easy for Jason players to clean up in QP and one of the main reasons why some casual players choose not to stick around when they see a level 150 has been selected as him. Of course there would be the issue of teamers constantly pushing Jason into Relentless Rage, albeit for 30 secs at a time, but the fact that there is not separate QP queues to be a counselor or Jason (to limit Jason having friends in the same lobby) is where the problem of teamers stems from. An adjustment IllFonic made with Predator: HG.

I feel like it's fine the way it is. IMO, what needs to change are the number of do-nothing randos in public matches who literally stand around and wait to die versus hitting objectives and getting things done. When my buddy can't play and I'm solo there are multiple matches where I'm the only one doing anything. Jason catches on and tunnels me half the round, buying all kinds of time for other players to be productive. Five minutes into being chased I check the map and Tommy hasn't even been called. Ten minutes I check it again, nothing. The player base overall right now is about as rotten as I've ever seen it.

2 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Firecrackers and flare guns should still be able to stun Jason but for a much shorter period when in Rage.

I could deal with this much change but you definitely don't want the pinata parties to come back.

4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I could deal with this much change but you definitely don't want the pinata parties to come back.

Yeah, I'd definitely rather have Rage the way it is now compared to a bunch of Chads tryna get candy out of Jason. But I'm also advocating for a reduced stun for Rage J from a Jason player's perspective too. As mentioned in my initial post, once Jason is in Rage it becomes all to easy in QP. So giving the player something more to think about would keep them on their toes a little. Does that counselor have a flare gun if I burst into that cabin? Does that couselor have firecrackers as I prepare to slash them before they escape to the cops? All Rage J needs to worry about right now are pocket knives and the odd shot gun or 2. Not even med sprays help that much against a slashing Rage J... Just ask Tommy, lol. This also adds to why exploiters use spray cancel.

I am 100% against any changes to Jason's Rage. 

Even with Jason's current Rage mechanic I find that there are way too many times that Counselors are able to run out the clock on Jason.  Making it so Jason can still be stunned during Rage will just increase the frequency of counselors running out the clock.  And I am pretty sure that nobody wants to spectate people running Jason around tables any more than we already do. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Yeah, I'd definitely rather have Rage the way it is now compared to a bunch of Chads tryna get candy out of Jason. But I'm also advocating for a reduced stun for Rage J from a Jason player's perspective too. As mentioned in my initial post, once Jason is in Rage it becomes all to easy in QP. So giving the player something more to think about would keep them on their toes a little. Does that counselor have a flare gun if I burst into that cabin? Does that couselor have firecrackers as I prepare to slash them before they escape to the cops? All Rage J needs to worry about right now are pocket knives and the odd shot gun or 2. Not even med sprays help that much against a slashing Rage J... Just ask Tommy, lol. This also adds to why exploiters use spray cancel.

The whole point of no stun during rage is to make sure the counselor players are working on objectives. Escape before rage or run the risk of getting slashed down. Those of us that decide to stay know the risk. But it's still easy asf to stn. I ran the clock out on a Savini last night with Victoria at Jarvis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The whole point of no stun during rage is to make sure the counselor players are working on objectives. Escape before rage or run the risk of getting slashed down. Those of us that decide to stay know the risk. But it's still easy asf to stn. I ran the clock out on a Savini last night with Victoria at Jarvis.

And I totally get that. Which is why I was all for the Rage change when it happened. But as I said, from a Jason player's perspective it's all too easy once Rage kicks in. I don't know about you but I would still like a bit of a challenge past the 10 minute mark. Also, as a counselor, making Jason still prone to stuns might mean that I can still repair an objective as the last player left if everyone else was too busy showing how bad they can dance to the radio.

I don't get these "Nerf Jason" threads.

Do that guys even play as Jason?

3 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

And I totally get that. Which is why I was all for the Rage change when it happened. But as I said, from a Jason player's perspective it's all too easy once Rage kicks in. I don't know about you but I would still like a bit of a challenge past the 10 minute mark. Also, as a counselor, making Jason still prone to stuns might mean that I can still repair an objective as the last player left if everyone else was too busy showing how bad they can dance to the radio.

Play against better counselors. I usually get my ass kicked at least once a week in leagues...

Edit: play smarter. Save shotguns. Don't be afraid to trade a pk for a car start.

11 hours ago, The Wise said:

I believe it's just not as fun to play with the Rage buff. Cannot be stunned while in Rage by melee attacks unless the attack causes your mask to be removed. 

As a Counselor, you are limited to running, hiding, and utilizing bear traps to stun a Rage Jason. This serves as a nerf to high strength Counselors, their use is absent once Jason enters Rage. 

As Jason, Rage feels like playing with cheats on. Breaking through doors and walls is fine, but being able to tank hits sort of takes away from the fun for me. 

This is all subjective of course and I wouldn't be surprised if some people prefer the game the way it currently is, just wanted to share my opinion out there. Don't know if it would receive any updates in the future but fingers crossed. Thanks for hearing me out.

I agree with you.  But over the years.  Devs nerfed Jason, Buffed Counselors and changed his grab.  So in the end they gave the rage Buff to try and balance things out.

It was up to me.  Id remove the rage buff.  Nerf counselors combat mechanics.

But it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, Carlso said:

I don't get these "Nerf Jason" threads.

Do that guys even play as Jason?

It's just a bunch of trash counselor mains that don't know how to conserve stam. I'd be willing to bet that they don't like dying to low level Jason's so they're looking for an easy button. Truth is they're dying because they're not as good as they think they are.

13 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Play against better counselors. I usually get my ass kicked at least once a week in leagues...

Edit: play smarter. Save shotguns. Don't be afraid to trade a pk for a car start.

No doubt. But QP is a very mixed fruit bowl and I won't be signing up for leagues or tournaments anytime soon. I'm very much an 'as and when' type of player of this game.

And I definitely know not to shoot Jason for no reason and I'm more than happy to use my PK on traps for the greater good 😊

1 minute ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

No doubt. But QP is a very mixed fruit bowl and I won't be signing up for leagues or tournaments any time soon. I'm very much an 'as and when' type of player of this game.

And I defenitely know not to shoot Jason for no reason and I'm more than happy to use my PK on traps for the greater good 😊

I meant for actually starting the car. 8 luck can start the car during the pk stun animation. Cops can be called during a shotgun stun animation. Obviously all that should be done before rage, but it's not impossible to do while being tunnelled during rage.

8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Play against better counselors.

This is actually very hard. I don't find a decent 7 man-party for almost 2 years. 

11 minutes ago, Carlso said:

This is actually very hard. I don't find a decent 7 man-party for almost 2 years. 

Weren't you the one complaining about a kill squad you ran into?

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I meant for actually starting the car. 8 luck can start the car during the pk stun animation. Cops can be called during a shotgun stun animation. Obviously all that should be done before rage, but it's not impossible to do while being tunnelled during rage.

Right right. I do all that too, my friend. I'll attempt a PK-stun car start with my 3 Luck Fox; protect the phone fuse box; solo call the cops after letting off firecrackers (hoping Jason waits until he thinks they have finished only to get stunned in his haste). I will also always attempt to repair the car as the last counselor left. Running out the clock is the last resort but I'll do that too. I've even been told that I wasted everyone's time as the lobby had to watch me survive the night. Salty mofos, lol.

Just now, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Right right. I do all that too, my friend. I'll attempt a PK stun car start with my 3 Luck Fox; protect the phone fuse box; solo call the cops after letting off firecrackers (hoping Jason waits until he thinks they have finished only to get stunned in his haste). I will also always attepmt to repair the car as the last counselor left. Running out the clock is the last resort but I'll do that too. I've even been told that I wasted everyone's time as the lobby had to watch me survive the night. Salty mofos, lol.

Then it sounds like you're all set for some easy casual play. So why change anything with rage?

7 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

2.  When Jason is hit after grabbing a counselor he should also perform the hit animation. This will allow the counselor to actually move away safely. We have all been in scenerios where Jason just keeps repeatedly grabbing a counselor until the saving counselor's weapon breaks.

You make decent points as always, but I don't have an issue with Rage from a Jason or Consoler perspective. Honestly, I didn't like it at first, mainly because I was afraid it would scare away new players to a game that already has an expiration date. That didn't happen thankfully, and I like it from both sides. Rage mode made me a better counselor, forcing me to play smarter, and as Jason well... When I do go into rage I usually only have one or two people left, and it's usually the guys that were going to give me some trouble to begin with rage buff or not. As I mentioned before, Rage incentivized players to focus on objectives, which I have noticed a lot more of when I play Jason. Yes, there is the occasional noob lobbies where everybody's standing around waiting for everybody else to do something, but there's always going to be a tradeoff. I always check my lobby when possible before a match starts. If I see a bunch of level 20 Vanessa, Jenny, and Chad's in there... I'm either adjusting my strategy accordingly, or I'm not sticking around at all

I do agree with #2. There should be a very brief window, where the counselor should be able to get away without getting spam grabbed. It does have to even out in a way that potential kill squads can't get free smacks in on Jason during that window. The only thing I never really liked about Rage Mode was that it kinda neutered Tommy when it comes to helping out other counselors when Jason is barring down on their ass. (Once that shotgun is gone anywa

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Then it sounds like you're all set for some easy casual play. So why change anything with rage?

Because, as I mentioned already, once Jason is in Rage I find it too easy. I'm not saying what I'm saying from just a counselor player's perspective. I'm saying it from a Jason player's too; as is the OP. I actually prefer playing as the masked man. See previous post below.

On 10/26/2020 at 5:56 AM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

The change of Rage mode - making Jason immune to stuns - will always be deemed as a quick band-aid fix to an irritating problem... Jason gangbang parties. Whilst a solution was much needed, there was very little thought put into its execution. As things stand, if you are a counselor playing with other players who are not getting any objectives done, then you will most likely end up dead. And although that might make sense in the small scheme of things, the bigger picture is that no one wants to lose the game through no fault of their own. Just like not everyone wants to stun Jason just to sit on his face. And even when playing as Jason I feel that Rage mode makes it all too easy for me to stop trying as hard, and as such I always approach counselors in blocking stance just so I can goad them into hitting me until their weapon breaks in order to bump up my Rage meter that much faster.

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Weren't you the one complaining about a kill squad you ran into?

Decent for me are the ones that actually play well.

I was probably complaining about a troll squad that used teleporting, infinite PK, etc.

(Not that cheaters can't be good players, but I didn't see how they were when playing normally, so I can't tell.)

On 10/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

You make decent points as always, but I don't have an issue with Rage from a Jason or Consoler perspective. Honestly, I didn't like it at first, mainly because I was afraid it would scare away new players to a game that already has an expiration date. That didn't happen thankfully, and I like it from both sides. Rage mode made me a better counselor, forcing me to play smarter, and as Jason well... When I do go into rage I usually only have one or two people left, and it's usually the guys that were going to give me some trouble to begin with rage buff or not. As I mentioned before, Rage incentivized players to focus on objectives, which I have noticed a lot more of when I play Jason. Yes, there is the occasional noob lobbies where everybody's standing around waiting for everybody else to do something, but there's always going to be a tradeoff. I always check my lobby when possible before a match starts. If I see a bunch of level 20 Vanessa, Jenny, and Chad's in there... I'm either adjusting my strategy accordingly, or I'm not sticking around at all

I do agree with #2. There should be a very brief window, where the counselor should be able to get away without getting spam grabbed. It does have to even out in a way that potential kill squads can't get free smacks in on Jason during that window. The only thing I never really liked about Rage Mode was that it kinda neutered Tommy when it comes to helping out other counselors when Jason is barring down on their ass. (Once that shotgun is gone anywa

Cheers, buddy. I too don't have a problem with Rage per se. I liked it from day one. I guess, as Jason, it just feels like driving an automatic after handling a manual shift - the motions are the same but you actually don't have as much control as you'd like and less to worry about. I think all Jason players admittedly experience a moment of relief once they hear Pamela laugh and see that red Rage meter when going up against decent players. It's a massive momentum shift. And yes, I understand that players should be done and dusted with objectives before Jason gets that far, but this isn't always the case as new players learn the game or crap players just waste time. Doing objectives can also be a pain in the arse on maps like Jarvis House and counselors can't always be blamed for not pulling their weight on that one.

Totally agree that scoping out the lobby is a must. If I see a bunch of low level Vanessas or Buggzys then I pull out the A.J. or Debs. And poor Tommy is probably, no definitely, the most slashed player in the game, ha ha. I guess that's why they added that he can still stun Jason option in private matches.

Furthermore, I've watched some big YouTubers (over 2m subs) upload around 150 F13 gameplay vids and they still make the same basic mistakes. Not everyone can master the learning curve of this game no matter how experienced they are. To many of us it's a simple game to master, but that definitely isn't the case for the majority of QP casuals. Having the best perks, knowing all the item and objective spawn locations, knowing each Jason's strengths and weaknesses off by heart, managing damage by knowing all various HP cost are just some of the things hardcore players take for granted.

• Like 1