Thanks a lot @F13 Seppuku Squad for such a detailed answer! :)

* Thank you for the confirmation that Lightfoot does indeed work on Tiffany, at least for the first half of the game. That was all I needed. I was scared it actually did nothing on her. 

* Do you know how MAA would work on Buggzy and Adam (the only two characters I play as fighters) considering their 2/10 luck?

* Well thank you for confirming Pyro is one of the worst perks in the game. The more I read about it, the more I was disappointed, as it really looked bad, even if it was working (only helps others, only lasts for like 1,5 seconds more). Sold it. 😛

* Thank you for your SA/Restful recommandation on Vanessa/Tiff. I might just do that! 

* As you said, now that I'm aware of Escape Artist's uselessness, I might give Slugger another chance and use it as a replacement once I get a decent version of it! I also considered Evasion, but I'm way too bad with the combat stance...

* Oh that's fun, I thought I was one of the very few doing that! We also almost have the exact same A.J. build (Homebody and Low Profile), I just run Night Owl instead of Level Headed (which I run on Jenny). 

Btw, may I take advantage of your kindness and ask you to have a look at another interrogation of mine right here : 

9 hours ago, Death-s_Servant said:

Good day everyone. 

I've never liked combat stance. But really, I've always hated it. Never managed to get something good out of using it. Despite many, numerous attempts. 
And despite using a legendary Evasion perk (which, tbh, didn't seem to do anything at all...)

I mean, am I the only one?... 

So after failing to become any good at it, I just figured: well, let's just drop it and stop trying to use it. 
But a horrifying thought just came to be, as I just got back to the game

Do all the "fighting" perks - those that increase damage, stun time, attack speed or chance of stunning (Heavy Hitter, Slugger, Sucker Punch, Swift Attacker, Thrasher, ...) - only work when using the (horrible) combat stance? Cause if that's the case I might just get rid of all those perks since I guess combat stance is now banned from my playstyle. 
Or (please tell me so) are they just as effective when it comes to the simple regular attack done with the press of the R2 button? 

By advance, big thank you to those kind enough to reply. Have a great day. 

No doubt you'll probably be able to provide me with an answer. Thank you again. :)

That reminds me of something I heard on the Steam forums when I was reading combat guides...

The conjecture goes that dodging in combat stance doesn't change your hitbox until the animation finishes. Through testing (i.e. running it with my combat counselors) I've found that Evasion does speed up the animations themselves, but the legendary variant is the only one worth taking as its bonus is the only one high enough to make a difference. Hypothetically someone can try to mod in visible hitboxes like with Smash Bros. but it's fair to say that most of the people that mod this game aren't very interested in doing it for the community's betterment.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:51 AM, Death-s_Servant said:

* Do you know how MAA would work on Buggzy and Adam (the only two characters I play as fighters) considering their 2/10 luck?

I believe that information is on page 3 about two-thirds of the way down. mike-hannigan did the initial testing with quite a few weapons. I also tested the remaining weapons but can't find the results of those to actually post them. I will edit the post and add them if they pop up. Either way, Buggzy and Adam do gain an extra hit with most weapons. So it's safe to say you can run MAA on them with no worries of it being a total dud.

* Well thank you for confirming Pyro is one of the worst perks in the game. The more I read about it, the more I was disappointed, as it really looked bad, even if it was working (only helps others, only lasts for like 1,5 seconds more). Sold it. 😛

Just to clarify on this. Spotting Jason on the map with a flare does help you too, as you would be able to see if Jason was stalking you or not. But seen as Pyro adds no additional spotting time for anyone, it is definitely not worth keeping.

I've never liked combat stance. But really, I've always hated it. Never managed to get something good out of using it. Despite many, numerous attempts. 
And despite using a legendary Evasion perk (which, tbh, didn't seem to do anything at all...)

I mean, am I the only one?... 

So after failing to become any good at it, I just figured: well, let's just drop it and stop trying to use it. 

I hear you on combat stance. Besides being mainly used to exploit the game's mechanics I've seen a few players use it very well - hit Jason, dodge and then they're gone. Dodging after a hit can be tough to pull off, but also very useful if you need a stamina boost when J is in Rage. I have tried a max Epic Evasion and there is definitely a speed increase to the dodging (L2/LT) animation, but I don't perform the action enough to warrant keeping it. Having said that, when I do see players using dodge, it doesn't particularly look like they are dodging any faster than normal. Plus, they are playing to a high standard and very unlikely to be wasting a perk slot on Evasion. Personally I only use combat stance for blocking, a quick 180° turn-n-hit (VERY effective), or a cheap hit on the masked man as he comes out of stun. If I ever did start incorporating dodging into my gameplay I would probably look to make sure I master it without the need for Evasion tbh. The extra animation speed that Swift Attacker gives is much more advantageous IMO.

Do all the "fighting" perks - those that increase damage, stun time, attack speed or chance of stunning (Heavy Hitter, Slugger, Sucker Punch, Swift Attacker, Thrasher, ...) - only work when using the (horrible) combat stance? Cause if that's the case I might just get rid of all those perks since I guess combat stance is now banned from my playstyle. 
Or (please tell me so) are they just as effective when it comes to the simple regular attack done with the press of the R2 button? 

I can confirm that combat perks do NOT require you to be in combat stance in order for you to utilise their effectiveness. I often use MAA, Slugger, Sucker Punch, Swift Attacker and Thrasher and can noticeably tell that when a regular attack is performed they do what they say on the tin (with the slight exception of MAA; as discussed). As Swift Attacker is animation based it has the biggest indication that it works, because a max value Epic/Legendary version will have your counselor swinging like Barry Bonds, lol. Also, the only difference between doing a regular attack and an attack from combat stance is that you can perform a heavy attack (overhead swing) in combat stance which deals a lot more damage.

Hope the above helps. Cheers.

2 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I believe that information is on page 3 about two-thirds of the way down. mike-hannigan did the initial testing with quite a few weapons. I also tested the remaining weapons but can't find the results of those to actually post them. I will edit the post and add them if they pop up. Either way, Buggzy and Adam do gain an extra hit with most weapons. So it's safe to say you can run MAA on them with no worries of it being a total dud.

Oh perfect. One extra hit isn't much but at least it's something. Good. 

Just to clarify on this. Spotting Jason on the map with a flare does benefit you too, as you would be able to see if Jason was stalking you or not. But seen as Pyro adds no additional spotting time for anyone, it is definitely not worth keeping.

You're right. I got rid of it. 

I hear you on combat stance. Besides being mainly used to exploit the game's mechanics I've seen a few players use it very well - hit Jason, dodge and then they're gone. Dodging after a hit can be tough to pull off, but also very useful if you need a stamina boost when J is in Rage. I have tried a max Epic Evasion and there is definitely a speed increase to the dodging (L2/LT) animation, but I don't perform the action enough to warrant keeping it. Having said that, when I do see players using dodge, it doesn't particularly look like they are dodging any faster than normal. Plus, they are playing to a high standard and very unlikely to be wasting a perk slot on Evasion. Personally I only use combat stance for blocking, a quick 180° turn-n-hit (VERY effective), or a cheap hit on the masked man as he comes out of stun. If I ever did start incorporating dodging into my gameplay I would probably look to make sure I master it without the need for Evasion tbh. The extra speed that Swift Attacker gives is much more advantageous IMO.

Thank you for those details. Swift Attacker it will be, then. 

I can confirm that combat perks do NOT require you to be in combat stance in order for you to utilise their effectiveness. I often use MAA, Slugger, Sucker Punch, Swift Attacker and Thrasher and can noticeably tell that when a regular attack is performed they do what they say on the tin (with the slight exception of MAA; as discussed). As Swift Attacker is an animation it has the biggest indication that it works, because a max value Epic/Legendary version will have your counselor swinging like Barry Bonds, lol. Also, the only difference between doing a regular attack and an attack from combat stance is that you can perform a heavy attack (overhead swing) in combat stance which deals slightly more damage.

Thank god! Now that's a relief. 😛 

Hope the above helps. Cheers.

It did greatly. Thanks a lot. You're a treasure!

Updated:

• An 11% or above Lightfoot perk allows A.J. to sprint without producing any noise pings. This also applies to Tiffany as long as she remains outside of Jason's music radius.

Added (fact):

• Counselor perks do not rollover to Tommy Jarvis if the player's counselor was set to random.

Do Jason's heavy attacks ignore blocks? I use the combat stance pretty often and I've noticed that I've still dealt damage to a blocking counselor when I go in for a heavy swing. The reason I'm not certain is because, not including the obvious ping/lag issues that come with P2P connections, the aforementioned counselor may have tried to swing or dodge moments before the hit lands. I haven't had anyone to help me test this out, though.

8 hours ago, The Noble Idiot said:

Do Jason's heavy attacks ignore blocks? I use the combat stance pretty often and I've noticed that I've still dealt damage to a blocking counselor when I go in for a heavy swing. The reason I'm not certain is because, not including the obvious ping/lag issues that come with P2P connections, the aforementioned counselor may have tried to swing or dodge moments before the hit lands. I haven't had anyone to help me test this out, though.

Heavy swings from Jason don't ignore block. But you can knock a counselor out of block and follow up with a quick throwing knife before they get back in. All hits from Jason cause damage. It's just quite a bit lower when the counselor is blocking.

• Thanks 1

On one hand, I can appreciate the effort Ryback gave back in 2017 when he put together that guide for the game. Adding more input than Gun and Illfonic ever bothered to do. I'd also give him credit for leaving the game behind basically within its first year. Seeing the writing on the wall with Gun and Illfonic never being able to realize the full potential of the game. That said, I'd also take credit away from him. For all the complexity of the guide to establish the meta. The reality is the meta was basically already established at the tail end of the 2016 beta, long before the guide. A bunch of Vanessa spam versus a bunch of Part 3 spam. Hell Pappus even said the same thing.

• Confused 1

On 2/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, The Noble Idiot said:

Blocking serves to reduce damage received from Jason's heavy (or light) attack by 50%. I've added a variation of this statement to the facts list.

A positive or negative Sense ability does not increase or decrease Sense duration for all respective Jasons, as per the in-game Strengths/Weaknesses description. Sense as a strength, neutral or weakness ability provides several Jasons with varying active durations, and is mostly irrespective of those that have the same corresponding Sense ability. However, the cooldown for each Sense variation remains consistent.

+Sense:

• Part 7 - Active duration: 20 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
  • Part 6 - Active duration: 15 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Neutral Sense:

• Part 2, Part 4 and Part 5 - Active duration: 20 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
  • Part 9 and Savini - Active duration: 15 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds.

-Sense:

• Part 8 - Active duration: 15 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
  • Part 3 - Active duration: 12 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds.

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

It was always the cool down.

Yes, but not according to the in-game description of the ability. And highlighting these anomalies has always been the purpose of this topic from the day I created it.

In-game text: "Increased/Decreased Sense duration and range."

It doesn't even mention cooldown or recharge. So if Gun Media were capable of cleaning up basic text in the game, then quite a few of these quibbles, like this one, wouldn't even need to be pointed out.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:33 AM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Yes, but not according to the in-game description of the ability. And highlighting these anomalies has always been the purpose of this topic from the day I created it.

In-game text: "Increased/Decreased Sense duration and range."

It doesn't even mention cooldown or recharge. So if Gun Media were capable of cleaning up basic text in the game, then quite a few of these quibbles, like this one, wouldn't even need to be pointed out.

Yeah well, they were probably busy with the bugs.

• Confused 1

On 3/30/2021 at 11:57 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

@F13 Seppuku Squad For wiki updating whats all the cooldowns/activations?

Jason's abilities stats here. Some may require updating.

Added:

• Customisation Points (CP) awarded to players is derived at 10% of the Experience Points (XP) they earn from matches played.

Added:

- When someone quits the game it is 100% because they are angry and "raging" over something you did. 

- When someone uses exploits or glitches it is because they are not as good at the game as you.

- When someone teams with Jason or Jason teams with a counselor it is because they are not as good at the game as you.

- When someone complains about your game tactics it is because they are not as good at the game as you.

- Basically if anyone does anything you don't like in a match it is because they suck and need to "git gud".

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Added:

- When someone quits the game it is 100% because they are angry and "raging" over something you did. 

Eh, I'd put that number more at 98%. With P2P you have to take random connection timeouts into consideration. I'm had several myself occur at very inconvenient times.

When someone teams with Jason or Jason teams with a counselor it is because they are not as good at the game as you.

Yes

when someone complains about your game tactics it is because they are not as good at the game as you.

OMG 100% yes. And a 100% guarantee I'm going to use those tactics as much as possible.

Basically if anyone does anything you don't like in a match it is because they suck and need to "git gud".

1000% yes. Please get out of my head sir.

-One point I'd like to add myself... The toxicity we face in this community would be reduced significantly if a certain segments of the player-base could realize just one thing... There's a big difference between not being as good as you, and being total trash.