Added (fiction):

On 9/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, Carlso said:

To Jason kneel, it has to be a hit on his back

• High Luck allows players to roll high value perks more frequently.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:45 PM, The Noble Idiot said:

If a counselor is in the middle of climbing through a window, breaking it with a throwing knife will deal an amount of damage identical to jumping through it.

Jumping through a window and breaking it or jumping through an already broken window deals more damage than climbing slowly through an already broken window. So what you are saying is that Jason smashing a window mid-slow climb deals jump through damage, am I right? Which is interesting, because I always under the impression it did slow climb damage.

Also, if a knife hits the counselor mid-climb or whilst they are in the stand up animation, they will receive knife damage only and no broken window damage. So can you confirm you are not mistaking the damage amount to be that of a knife? Meanwhile I will test it, cheers. ...Or can anyone confirm the above quote please?

1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Jumping through a window and breaking it or jumping through an already broken window deals more damage than climbing slowly through an already broken window. So what you are saying is that Jason smashing a window mid-slow climb deals jump through damage, am I right? Which is interesting, because I always felt it did slow climb damage.

Also, if a knife hits the counselor mid-climb or whilst they are in the stand up animation, they will receive knife damage only and no broken window damage. So can you confirm you are not mistaking the damage amount to be that of a knife? Meanwhile I will test it, cheers. ...Or can anyone confirm the above quote please.

Never mind, I tested it with a bot offline. It does slow climb damage: my bad.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:22 PM, The Noble Idiot said:

Never mind, I tested it with a bot offline. It does slow climb damage: my bad.

Thought as much. No worries. At least it's been clarified.

Tip: Smashing an open window that a counselor has jumped through will deal jump through damage. So a swift knife to the back, once the stand up animation has ended, will get them limping if they do not have Thick Skinned equipped.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:45 AM, The Noble Idiot said:

If a counselor is in the middle of climbing through a window, breaking it with a throwing knife will deal an amount of damage identical to a direct hit.

The version I heard is that breaking the window while they're climbing through deals the same damage as when they climb through a broken window normally. Maybe knife damage and broken window damage are already quite similar to each other.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The version I heard is that breaking the window while they're climbing through deals the same damage as when they climb through a broken window normally. Maybe knife damage and broken window damage are already quite similar to each other.

The version you heard is correct. But knife damage and broken window damage are not all that similar. Knife damage does a nice chunk of HP damage; equivalent to a slash from a +Weapon Strength Jason. Whereas climbing through a broken window does small damage; the lowest damage output in the game. And diving through a closed window or an already broken window deals decent damage; equivalent to a neutral Weapon Strength Jason slash. So if Jason smashes a window whilst a counselor is performing a climbing or diving animation then they will receive the damage amount corresponding to that action. But if they are hit by a knife before the climbing/diving animation has ended, they will receive knife damage only.

So my process when playing Jason in a window scenario is as follows:

• Is the counselor climbing through the window (broken or unbroken)? If so, immediately hit them with a knife to deal knife damage (overwriting any climbing broken window damage) and to cancel their climbing animation if hit quick enough.
  • Did the counselor dive through a closed window? If so, then hit them with a knife asap to deal knife damage in addition to the diving broken window damage they just received.
  • Did the counselor dive through an already broken window? If so, wait until they have completed the dive action and they're standing up, then hit them with a knife to deal additional knife damage.
  • Did the counselor dive through an open window? If so, instantly smash the window with Jason's weapon so they receive diving broken window damage, wait until they have completed the dive animation and standing up, then hit them with a knife to deal additional knife damage.

The last 3 situations all deal max broken window>knife damage and will put any counselor not running Thick Skinned into an injured state. Also, it is imperative that the completion of the counselor's dive animation is acknowledged before applying a knife hit in either of the last 2 scenarios or else only the knife damage will register if it's thrown too quick. I use the counselor's 2nd of 2 steps they take when they stand up as an indicator of when to release my knife.

On 11/23/2020 at 7:54 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@F13 Seppuku Squad I suppose the myth occurred when someone was near the limp threshold and Jason threw a knife when they climbed through the window, so to the counselor player it appeared as if it did big damage.

Yeah, that could well be it. My info is derived from a Tommy86 vid, and I tested all window climb/dive scenarios yesterday night to confirm HP damage amounts - no prior damage, no perks equipped... Not that I ever doubted Mr. 86.

so lightfoot makes aj "invisible"?  guess i can trade an extra QTE for being completely unnoticeable.

3 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

so lightfoot makes aj "invisible"?  guess i can trade an extra QTE for being completely unnoticeable.

It's an almost undetectable perk for those not that experience with Jason.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:09 PM, ULTIMA said:

From across the map, undetectable, yes. But if Jason uses Sense, and she is in range, expect her to glow red. Therefore you'll need to manage her fear by staying well away from Jason, in well lit areas and by not seeing dead bodies etc. The higher your fear, the bigger Jason's Sense range is. When he is in Rage mode his Sense range can pretty much cover the entire map regardless of fear, so look to escape asap.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:11 AM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

From across the map, yes. But if Jason uses Sense, and she is in range, expect her to glow red. Therefore you'll need to manage her fear by staying well away from Jason, in well lit areas and by not seeing dead bodies etc. The higher your fear, the bigger Jason's Sense range is. When he is in Rage mode his Sense range can pretty much cover the entire map regardless of fear, so look to escape asap.

Rage Mode=Weakness? 

On 12/1/2020 at 2:37 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Rage Mode=Weakness? 

Your post is quite vague, dude. But from a counselor's stealth perspective, when Jason is raging he no longer needs to look for noise pings to detect a counselor's rough location/direction. He can just use his Sense ability to see exactly where they are and spam it more frequently. Thus, Lightfoot on even A.J. becomes redundant once J's Rage kicks in.

Added (fact):

• Inventory items (pocket knives, health sprays etc.) and any weapons counselors have on them when they escape will respawn on the map at a specific campfire or along a specific section of shoreline the same way objective parts do.

Hello! 
I'm new here, I'm making my first post on this topic (I'm quite late, I know...) as I find it particularly interesting (as I'm just coming back to F13 after a long break and there's quite a few things I wasn't aware of). And there's a couple of things I'd like to ask the author (or anyone else who might be able to answer me). 

1. Regarding lightfoot:

On 9/19/2020 at 7:01 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

• 15% Lightfoot perk allows A.J. to sprint without giving off any noise pings. The same cannot be said for Tiffany despite her also having 10 Stealth.

Really??!!
I've always run Lightfoot on Tiffany as I'm certain I've been told it was quite a nice pick for her. 

Now for the "proven false" stuff: 

2. Regarding Man At Arms:

• Man At Arms perk increases durability for all melee weapons, allowing a counselor to attack more before their weapon breaks. (Counselors of specific Luck levels will not get an extra melee hit when using particular melee weapons.)

Wait... I may not get everything right due to the fact that English is not my first language, but I thought that was the whole point of the perk??

3. Regarding Pyro:

• Pyro perk increases Jason spotting time with the flare gun. (A fired flare will spot Jason, if he is in the general vicinity, on the map for roughly 10 seconds with or without the perk)

I was just wondering if I should keep this perk or not. And, same as Man At Arms, I thought that was exactly what it's supposed to do. I was sceptikal due to the fact that, from what I understand, it's only supposed to help OTHER players (so they can know where Jason is on the map a bit longer), and that even if it worked perfectly, it would only be for a few more seconds, but you're telling me that Pyro just doesn't work at all?! Or am I missing something here?

4. About these : 

• Escape Artist and Scout perks allows players to break free from Jason's grab and escape Jason's traps/counselor bear traps easier. (The same amount of button presses are required with the perks as without the perks.)

Then again, I'm confused. I've read the debate you guys have had about Escape Artist on page 3. 
For months I've been wondering whether to run Escape Artist on Buggzy or Adam, trying to determine to which character it would have a better effect on, but from what I understand, it's just... Totally useless? I'm quite disappointed, in theory I've always thought it was a great perk. 😢 

5. Tiffany or Vanessa ? 
I only have one slot left for them, and I was wondering to whom I should give Spatial Awareness and Restful. What do you guys think? 

6. Slugger: yes or no? 

I've always considered Slugger a waste. First because there are plenty of bats to be found on a map, and also because I had no slot left for the two counselors I play as fighters (I've run Buzzy with Escape Artist, Sucker Punch, Thick Skin, and Adam with Man At Arms, Heavy Hitter and Swift Attacker) - btw if you have better proposition to re-arrange their builds, don't hesitate. ~ 

But... Is Slugger's increased melee damage worth it after all? 

Thank you to anyone kind enough to reply to this. Have a good day. 

3 hours ago, Death-s_Servant said:

5. Tiffany or Vanessa ? 
I only have one slot left for them, and I was wondering to whom I should give Spatial Awareness and Restful. What do you guys think? 

The way you phrased that question makes it sound like you are only equipping one counselor with each perk.  In case you weren't aware, you can equip the same perk on as many counselors as you want.   So to answer your question, you can give those perks to both Tiff and Vanessa if you want.  I apologize if you knew that already, its just the way you phrased your question made it sound like maybe you didn't.

When it comes to perks, the best way to look at it is this;  Until you have seen proof (whether testing it yourself or watching/reading about tests others have done) that a perk does what it says it does, assume it doesn't actually do anything. 

6 hours ago, Death-s_Servant said:

Really??!!
I've always run Lightfoot on Tiffany as I'm certain I've been told it was quite a nice pick for her. 

Lightfoot is kind of a wasted perk slot tbh. If you're good at managing stamina, you aren't going to be sprinting much anyway. 

Wait... I may not get everything right due to the fact that English is not my first language, but I thought that was the whole point of the perk??

It is the whole point of the perk. But it's not effective on low luck counselors.

was just wondering if I should keep this perk or not

I wouldn't waste a perk slot on it...

only have one slot left for them, and I was wondering to whom I should give Spatial Awareness and Restful. What do you guys think? 

For Nessa and Tiff: 17% or higher thick skin and medic with low to zero negative side effects. The other slot should be nerves of steel, hypochondriac, or marathon. Again with low to zero negative side effects.

Whatever you do, you don't want your thick skin dropping below 17%. So pay close attention to anything that says -more damage taken. Subtract that number from whatever number your thick skin is and make sure it doesn't fall below 17%.

To be perfectly honest, I would run some variation of these perks on EVERY counselor. Sounds boring but they're proven to be the most effective.

It used to be. But only on high strength counselors. I used to run Slugger, and thrasher on Buggzy before the mask buff. I could one hit demask any Jason with that build. Now it's not really worth it, but you could still run battle Buggzy with moderate success.

10 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

The way you phrased that question makes it sound like you are only equipping one counselor with each perk.  In case you weren't aware, you can equip the same perk on as many counselors as you want.   So to answer your question, you can give those perks to both Tiff and Vanessa if you want.  I apologize if you knew that already, its just the way you phrased your question made it sound like maybe you didn't.

Sorry, I meant to ask which is better for Vanessa and which is better for Tiff? 
I just like my counselors to have different perks and builds. :)

10 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

When it comes to perks, the best way to look at it is this;  Until you have seen proof (whether testing it yourself or watching/reading about tests others have done) that a perk does what it says it does, assume it doesn't actually do anything. 

I'll try to remember that, then.... 

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

To be perfectly honest, I would run some variation of these perks on EVERY counselor. Sounds boring but they're proven to be the most effective.

That pretty much sums it up.  The other perks are fun to play around with but if you are looking for perks that will help you the most you should probably put Thick Skin and Medic on every counselor.

3 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

That pretty much sums it up.  The other perks are fun to play around with but if you are looking for perks that will help you the most you should probably put Thick Skin and Medic on every counselor.

Actually I'm more of a "play for fun only" type of guy. I don't mind dying as long as I managed to get a decent amount of points. It's part of the fun to me. 
And therefore I like all of my counselors to play very differently, and that also means giving different perks to each of them, perks that match their personnality/type of character, with the objective and making their best assets even stronger (even very slightly). 

Welcome to the forum @Death-s_Servant. The entire purpose of this topic was to be as insightful as possible with the quirky little things in the game, so the more questions you feel to ask, the merrier. And the community here can be very helpful as well. I saw you already had a couple of guys answer some of your questions but I'm happy to chime in with my 2 cents.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, Death-s_Servant said:

Don't get me wrong. Just because Lightfoot doesn't make Tiff into a ninja doesn't make it bad for her. In fact, I run it on my Tiff because it reduces her noise pings that extra bit as necessary during the first half of the match as I gather parts. But as with any character, once Jason has taken out the herd of loud Vanessas he will use his Sense ability to locate you eventually. Especially once he is in Rage and the range of his Sense is covering the vast majority of the map. Also, as Somethin Cool alluded to - the perk is only effective when sprinting, and sprinting should really be done sparingly.

Re: The affect of Man At Arms:

This perk is a bit convoluted (tricky) to be honest. Whilst it will give counselors one extra hit for some weapons it does not do so for all. But it is not as simple as saying which ones it will and which ones it won't affect, because the weapons vary per counselor's Luck stat value. For example, A.J./Sheldon (1 Luck) will get an extra hit with a small number of weapons, including the machete and pipe. But Tiffany (4 Luck) gets an extra hit with even fewer weapons, with the machete not being one of them. And Chad/Tommy (10 Luck) get an extra hit with nearly all weapons, but this actually excludes the pipe. Therefore the perk does not work according to its description. A.J., Shelly, Tiff and Nessa seem to benefit from MAA the least per weapon, and as such I make use of it on Victoria as she has a high number of hits per weapon in general, and making your weapon even more durable can help when going for the kill or trolling Big J.

Re: The validity of Pyro:

I was just wondering if I should keep this perk or not. And, same as Man At Arms, I thought that was exactly what it's supposed to do. I was sceptikal due to the fact that, from what I understand, it's only supposed to help OTHER players (so they can know where Jason is on the map a bit longer), and that even if it worked perfectly, it would only be for a few more seconds, but you're telling me that Pyro just doesn't work at all?! Or am I missing something here?

I have tested this perk a few times now with Kenny (Mr. Mid-range) and unfortunately there was no difference in the amount of time that Jason appeared on the map for with and without Pyro equipped. Unlike MAA I do not believe that any other stat such as Luck would influence this outcome, so I am content that the perk does not do what it is expected to as per its description. Plus, it is a very poor perk nontheless and definitely wouldn't be worth a perk slot even if it did work correctly. As you highlighted, if you use a flare gun to spot Jason there would be no real difference if he is spotted for 10 secs as opposed to 12 secs (20% perk effect).

Re: The ineffectiveness of Escape Artist and Scout:

Then again, I'm confused. I've read the debate you guys have had about Escape Artist on page 3. 
For months I've been wondering whether to run Escape Artist on Buggzy or Adam, trying to determine to which character it would have a better effect on, but from what I understand, it's just... Totally useless? I'm quite disappointed, in theory I've always thought it was a great perk. 😢 

This one all comes down to the mechanics of the perk. It was implemented stupidly by the developers as the perk benefit affects the autofill aspect of the escape process and not the manual button pressing aspect of it. And seen as all players will button-mash if they want to successfully escape Jason's grab or a bear trap the perks are both redundant. I agree with you that Escape Artist could have been a very handy perk had they done it right. There are times when a Jason player grabs you as Tommy but you manage to escape due to his high Composure-Strength combination. Theoretically having a similar opportunity with other characters like Adam, Buggzy or even Jenny would have been nice, albeit down to chance.

5. Tiffany or Vanessa ? 

Unfortunately Spatial Awareness isn't effective enough for a perk slot. I've used it on Tiffany and she still stumbled even when Jason was not around, so I subsequently deleted it to make space. I do use Restful on my Tiff (again the plan being to deliver parts quickly and quietly before Rage hits) and it serves me well as long as I manage my fear level efficiently. In regards to which perk would be best between the two - in terms of running I'd say Nessa is stronger than Tiff due to being able to jog just in front of Jason at a steady pace thanks to her higher Speed, and therefore recommend that you give her SA purely for Tiff to make use of Restful.

6. Slugger: yes or no? 

I've always considered Slugger a waste. First because there are plenty of bats to be found on a map, and also because I had no slot left for the two counselors I play as fighters (I've run Buzzy with Escape Artist, Sucker Punch, Thick Skin, and Adam with Man At Arms, Heavy Hitter and Swift Attacker) - btw if you have better proposition to re-arrange their builds, don't hesitate. ~ 

The reason for Slugger being useful is not for the benefit of starting with a bat. As you said, there are plenty to be found. Slugger is totally for the extra melee damage, and yes it is still worth it IMO. As Somethin Cool mentioned, Slugger was an essential ingredient in the infamous Buggzy 1-hit demask. But even though Jason's damage has been reduced by the nerfing of the counselors' Strength stat, I still run Slugger on my Buggzy build as he can absolutely do a job if needed. And now that you know that Escape Artist is trash maybe you can replace that with Slugger on your Buggzy build. Also, Heavy Hitter is another disapponting perk that would be brilliant in theory. It was nerfed long ago and only adds about half a second to Jason's standing stun duration. So perhaps you can replace it with Slugger on your Adam build.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:14 PM, Death-s_Servant said:

Actually I'm more of a "play for fun only" type of guy. I don't mind dying as long as I managed to get a decent amount of points. It's part of the fun to me. 
And therefore I like all of my counselors to play very differently, and that also means giving different perks to each of them, perks that match their personnality/type of character, with the objective and making their best assets even stronger (even very slightly). 

I'm the exact same - variety perk builds for counselors. I have my counselors for when I need to go to war, I have my counselors for when the circus comes to town and I have my counselors for when Crystal Lake needs a non-caped crusader. But overall I mainly select my counselor based on the look and level of the lobby, and they all have perk builds to fit the occasion. Feel free to check out one of my other posts detailing my builds by clicking the link below 😊

All My Counselor Perk Builds