Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheFinalFriday

What are the best Perks for each Counselor, in your opinion?

Recommended Posts

Nerves of steel, restful and marathon. The Chad. Everyone’s  pallet is different. Enjoy the game, however to want it to play out.  Good luck 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts: 

AJ: Light Foot

Adam: Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Trasher

Brandom: Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Trasher

Chad:  Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Sucker Punch

Deborah: Preparedness

Lachappa: Preparedness or Night Owl

Fox:  Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Trasher

Jenny: Preparedness and Nerves of Steel, got to sacrifice one of the meta perks

Kenny: Anything. I like Sneaky and Speed Demon

Mitch: It's more worthy to run Preparedness and Nerves of Steel, but you can also run just one of those.

Shelly: Speed Demon, Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion Sucker Punch or Trasher

Tiffany: Nerves of Steel or Marathon

Vanessa: Marathon or Sneaky

Victoria: Speed Demon, Sucker Punch, Evasion, Swift Attacker

 

Low Profile + Level Headed is also a very good combination, but you have to sacrifice thick-skinned or medic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a loaded question isn't it? Depending on your skill level it's not so much a question of what perks are good for each particular counselor, but which perks fit your preferred play style in relation to the counselor's you like to play. It also depends on whether you're playing by yourself or with friends. You can afford to run more situational perks to fit your particular role on your squad. I personally lean towards perks that will help me throughout the entire match rather than situational perks, but that's just me. Certain perks can also help cover holes in your own game just as well as they can cover the weaknesses in your favorite counselor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you're right. I try to run Counselors with Perks that try to help them in their areas of weakness as opposed to situational. You never really can guess what kind of situation you will be in, so it's nice to be as well rounded as possible in each Stat, IMO.

I have ran A.J. since launch with Medic, Thick-Skinned, and Marathon/Light Foot. Was thinking about branching out and experimenting because while I know each Counselors 'role' in a match, I am utterly unfamiliar with everything else. So was just thinking of how everybody runs each Counselor to compare and contrast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Carlso said:

My thoughts: 

AJ: Light Foot

Adam: Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Trasher

Brandom: Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Trasher

Chad:  Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Sucker Punch

Deborah: Preparedness

Lachappa: Preparedness or Night Owl

Fox:  Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion or Trasher

Jenny: Preparedness and Nerves of Steel, got to sacrifice one of the meta perks

Kenny: Anything. I like Sneaky and Speed Demon

Mitch: It's more worthy to run Preparedness and Nerves of Steel, but you can also run just one of those.

Shelly: Speed Demon, Slugger, Swift Attacker, Evasion Sucker Punch or Trasher

Tiffany: Nerves of Steel or Marathon

Vanessa: Marathon or Sneaky

Victoria: Speed Demon, Sucker Punch, Evasion, Swift Attacker

 

Low Profile + Level Headed is also a very good combination, but you have to sacrifice thick-skinned or medic

I don't necessarily agree with them, but I enjoy reading your unique perk combinations. Seriously though, Speed Demon over Lead Foot? 🧐 I personally think of preparedness as a beginners perk, but to each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Preparedness my first 20 or so matches back in the day, but does become increasingly obsolete once you know the lay of the land and spawn points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheFinalFriday said:

I guess you're right. I try to run Counselors with Perks that try to help them in their areas of weakness as opposed to situational. You never really can guess what kind of situation you will be in, so it's nice to be as well rounded as possible in each Stat, IMO.

I have ran A.J. since launch with Medic, Thick-Skinned, and Marathon/Light Foot. Was thinking about branching out and experimenting because while I know each Counselors 'role' in a match, I am utterly unfamiliar with everything else. So was just thinking of how everybody runs each Counselor to compare and contrast.

Experimentation is always the best route. We can share or knowledge with you until we're blue in the face, but that advice isn't going to help you much if it doesn't fit your personal play style. If you want to branch out from A.J. you might want to start off with Fox or Adam. You'll still have decent repair and composure,  and a lot more strength. You will suffer in the stealth department though. Switching to one of them might be easier for you than immediately jumping over to a low composure character who can't repair for crap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Experimentation is always the best route. We can share or knowledge with you until we're blue in the face, but that advice isn't going to help you much if it doesn't fit your personal play style.

I couldn't agree more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanessa : Adrenaline Rush , Medic ,Sucker Punch. 

I would recommend it to everyone. The reason is, if you want to kill Jason, wait for the sweater to use 1 counselor and the sucker punci hit it with a wrench or rag bat. Jason crashes on the knee, Tommy Jarvis just clicks the 'e' button. If you don't kill, click the x button and run it. Jason will never catch you chasing you. Your stamina will never run out. If Jason slips on you, pretend. It's nice that you don't die for 20 minutes and win the game. So Adreline Rush is important in this respect. Now we came to Medic perk. The Medic is a must-have advantage for every counselor because when he gets 1 spray it automatically makes 2 .   2 sprays in 1 slot. Isn't that good? It is maximum 6 sprays. A legendary skill. I think apply them to Vanessa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Seriously though, Speed Demon over Lead Foot?

Speed Demon penalty makes the fix minigame 15% slower, which makes you don't mess up skill checks even in stressful situations. It's good for counselors with 2-6 repair. 25% solo car speed is useless because escaping in the car alone and abandoning the other counselors is almost like doing a favor to Jason.

 

11 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

preparedness as a beginners perk

Not really. I use it because of the 10% fear reduction, the map thing is just something extra. Spawning with a map helps you to do that really early repair, like repair before Jason morphs to the location to put traps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Carlso said:

Kenny: Anything. I like Sneaky and Speed Demon

I've been using Sneaky on my low level Alt account for the past few weeks and it is definitely a lot more helpful than I figured it would be.  I find it especially helpful against veteran Jason players who know exactly when to time a shift/grab shift/slash as you are trying to climb through a window.  That 25% faster window climb really messes up their timing.  It has saved AJ's heart-shaped butt countless times. 

Another situation it comes in handy is when you aren't sure if Jason has morphed away or is in stalk mode.  I had a Jason try and trick-stalk me in the barn on Pinehurst and I was able to climb out the window and then climb right back in, leaving him grasping at air when he tried to grab me.

 

14 hours ago, TheFinalFriday said:

I try to run Counselors with Perks that try to help them in their areas of weakness as opposed to situational

The problem with that is I think perks that have a % increase of a certain stat value are based on the counselor's base stat.  So it most likely has a diminished return when used on counselors with a low base stat.  In a lot of cases you are better off maximizing the counselor's strengths than their weaknesses (for % based perks that is).  But tbh, this is based on an assumption as I don't know for sure how the % increase is applied to stats.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carlso said:

Speed Demon penalty makes the fix minigame 15% slower, which makes you don't mess up skill checks even in stressful situations. It's good for counselors with 2-6 repair. 25% solo car speed is useless because escaping in the car alone and abandoning the other counselors is almost like doing a favor to Jason.

Good response. That's the first time I've heard of someone selecting a perk because they prefer the supposed negative effect. Otherwise, Speed Demon is trash. The only perk in the game that actually encourages the player to be a prick. The perk of choice for Troll Chad's everywhere looking to use the lobby as crash test dummies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

That's the first time I've heard of someone selecting a perk because they prefer the supposed negative effect.

Yeah I was also really surprised when I knew that too. Who told me this was @Eva Watanabe on one of the first topics I made.

43 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

That 25% faster window climb really messes up their timing.

Yes. The best advantage this perk offers is not having to jump through windows because it can easily pretty much kill you if you don't have a medic spray. Another thing is that there's no way a hit from Jason will impede you to climb the window, which in most of the contrary cases also mean death.

45 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

The problem with that is I think perks that have a % increase of a certain stat value are based on the counselor's base stat.

Some stats make things smaller. In that case the reduction or increase would benefit more counselors with lower stats. For example, Grease Monkey benefits low luck counselors way more than it does to the high luck ones, cuz their start-up time is bigger, so the 15% reduction also is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there is any best perks for specific counselors. Your overall goal will determine the best perks for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Good response. That's the first time I've heard of someone selecting a perk because they prefer the supposed negative effect. Otherwise, Speed Demon is trash. The only perk in the game that actually encourages the player to be a prick. The perk of choice for Troll Chad's everywhere looking to use the lobby as crash test dummies.

Yes and no. I almost never work with other people when fixing the boat and a good Speed Demon makes a significant difference getting a head start against Jason; and if you get past him he won't catch you. Boats carry two people max so I don't see leaving solo as being particularly dickish, especially since I'm usually the person who puts both items in anyway. I see a lot of people dismissing the boat as a means of escape, especially after they added (brought back?) the boat startup sound, but it's a great option with Speed Demon thanks to the lower chance of mistakes with the propeller and faster speed on water.

With the car, I use the faster solo speed to get Jason to waste a Shift since he can't catch up to me when I'm driving at top speed; most dangerous time in the car in my experience is right after you start it so being able to get the hell out of dodge is quite nice. Once I'm clear I'll try to pick up any nearby counselors. Yeah, a dick could just leave Jason and the rest of the lobby in the dust with a vehicle speed perk if they want. Pretty irritating if that happens early with the four-seater but not such a big deal with the two-seater or if most of the lobby is already dead or gone.

Still, the main benefit of Speed Demon is definitely slower repairs. Super, super helpful if you're not great at QTE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...