Sign in to follow this  
Methodicalize

Servers just got hit again 2 PM EST

25 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

My job is not in jeopardy, but thanks for the concern.

I've worked community on multiple titles, I've managed teams of community managers, and developed communities from scratch.

My manner in interacting with the communities is human, because I'm a human being. I find it incredibly insulting to assume I'm either inexperienced, ill-equipped, or otherwise unfit for my job here at Gun. But then again, given your approach to claiming you "solved" the car issues, that seems to be standard operating procedure for you.

We are way off topic for this thread, so if you'd like to discuss my qualifications and emotional state further, maybe fire up a new thread.

Fantastic to hear, sorry to insult you. I never claimed to solve anything. "make sure it's something I actually said". (quoting you there) I only said it seemed coincidental. Not standard procedure what so ever.  Can you at least address anything else I said? or did you just focus on what you thought personally had to do with you? 

This is exactly what I meant about unprofessional. 

29 minutes ago, MrSketchyFungus said:

I mean, arguing with people who are accusing you of acting defensive maybe isn't the best bet? 

Hey, my job doesn't require me to agree with you. Especially when someone starts a comment off with "I'm surprised you still have a job." There's a human element at play here and if this discussion is going to go into the territory of my job and my abilities, I'm going to make a case to the contrary. I don't consider anything I've done in this thread argumentative, aggressive, emotional, or unprofessional. If you feel I've acted in any way that is unfit for the role I hold, I welcome you to utilize the support site or contact email to report me.

22 minutes ago, Mdw22 said:

Fantastic to hear, sorry to insult you. I never claimed to solve anything. "make sure it's something I actually said". (quoting you there) I only said it seemed coincidental. Not standard procedure what so ever.  Can you at least address anything else I said? or did you just focus on what you thought personally had to do with you? 

This is exactly what I meant about unprofessional. 

There is nothing more to say about what you said. The team patched the car issue. Your comment and the patch are unrelated.

I'm not sure what part of that comment you'd like answered, but again, this isn't the thread for it. Feel free to start a new thread, preferably with clear and concise questions you'd like answered, and tag me in. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey, my job doesn't require me to agree with you.

Well no, but you seem to spend a lot of your time being critical of members who have legit concerns, and your job kinda is to work with that. Not tryna hate, but it seems like you overreact a little when people have problems with the company...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrSketchyFungus said:

Well no, but you seem to spend a lot of your time being critical of members who have legit concerns, and your job kinda is to work with that. Not tryna hate, but it seems like you overreact a little when people have problems with the company...

There isn't a legit concern in this thread I've overreacted to. If you mean the situation with SirMang, that's been ongoing for weeks now across multiple platforms.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

There isn't a legit concern in this thread I've overreacted to. If you mean the situation with SirMang, that's been ongoing for weeks now across multiple platforms.

I mean he's one, and I know he's aggressive, but some of your responses still seem pretty harsh all things considered. A lot of people just have questions man. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey man, I feel you, but I'm talking mostly about multiple threads across multiple places... even when people have legit arguments, just seems like you tend to argue before you problem solve... not tryna be a dick, just an observation 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrSketchyFungus said:

I mean he's one, and I know he's aggressive, but some of your responses still seem pretty harsh all things considered. A lot of people just have questions man. 

Believe me, I know. I'm seated at my PC still at 10:30 at night. These don't count as "normal" office hours.

But I do stand by what I've said. I've spent hours on hours clearing up as many of those questions as humanly possible over the last few weeks of this server situation.

This thread derailed into bad territory with the outburst from a user. From there, it really should have been locked, and anyone with further questions can prop those up in new threads and tag me in.

There's a couple of issues here, though, to highlight:

First off, all the messaging I can craft isn't going to mean a damned thing if it's not read. We have posts being updated as frequently as possible that are still somehow flying under the radar despite living on this same forum. These have all the details on what's going on, what's coming next, etc.

Secondly, everyone is a bit thin on patience. I get it. But coming in hot on a thread and going at the community developer expecting a punching bag is NOT going to happen. We're in a spot right now, and the team has been working their asses off to get this thing sorted out. If any member of the community is in the dark on something and somehow has missed the bulletins we've been sharing, that's fine. I have answers and only ask for a tiny bit of decency in return. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Believe me, I know. I'm seated at my PC still at 10:30 at night. These don't count as "normal" office hours.

But I do stand by what I've said. I've spent hours on hours clearing up as many of those questions as humanly possible over the last few weeks of this server situation.

This thread derailed into bad territory with the outburst from a user. From there, it really should have been locked, and anyone with further questions can prop those up in new threads and tag me in.

There's a couple of issues here, though, to highlight:

First off, all the messaging I can craft isn't going to mean a damned thing if it's not read. We have posts being updated as frequently as possible that are still somehow flying under the radar despite living on this same forum. These have all the details on what's going on, what's coming next, etc.

Secondly, everyone is a bit thin on patience. I get it. But coming in hot on a thread and going at the community developer expecting a punching bag is NOT going to happen. We're in a spot right now, and the team has been working their asses off to get this thing sorted out. If any member of the community is in the dark on something and somehow has missed the bulletins we've been sharing, that's fine. I have answers and only ask for a tiny bit of decency in return. 

The thing is, I know ya'll are under pressure, but we all paid for this game, so it's understandable that people are gonna be upset. Secondly, I think that the community developer thinking they're a punching bag right now is kinda ingenuine. This game has been extremely buggy since release, and that's something that hardcore fans have been coping with since the game cant out. Each patch has broken other component of the game and its unfair to ignore that. Its kind of  ridiculous to act like we should be gracious now that you're finally trying to stabilize servers that should've been stabilized before launch honestly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrSketchyFungus said:

The thing is, I know ya'll are under pressure, but we all paid for this game, so it's understandable that people are gonna be upset. Secondly, I think that the community developer thinking they're a punching bag right now is kinda ingenuine. This game has been extremely buggy since release, and that's something that hardcore fans have been coping with since the game cant out. Each patch has broken other component of the game and its unfair to ignore that. Its kind of  ridiculous to act like we should be gracious now that you're finally trying to stabilize servers that should've been stabilized before launch honestly. 

Hindsight being 20/20 is the only way we could have known that 3 years later our dedicated servers would be taken down by hackers. That aside, it's never disingenuous to expect a bit of human decency.

And make no mistake, the "thin on patience" I described was in reference to players. Players are frustrated, I get that. Be frustrated, be pissed. 

But at least read what we've shared. Some of this we're talking about is aggression while not even having read the post. Some of it is aggression based off an assumption about how the game works, which again is cleared up in the thread of the post. There's 8 pages or so of questions and answers there.

I'm not ignoring any of the pain points this community has faced over the last 3 years. But I am saying that you still have to interact with each other with some decency, us included.

And I'm sorry to say, but there is no instance where the community developer is a punching bag. You yourself have called into question my professionalism while saying at the same time that I should expect people to not be able to express their issues without lashing out. So what we're really discussing here is that you want a community developer that you can kick cause you're angry, but you don't want them to have anything to say about. That's not how the community/community developer relationship works.

I'm not a rage pillow for you to scream into. I'm here to help you all, and I'm working my ass off to do so.

There are plenty of community members here who have been extremely frustrated with the state of the game, but still managed to express themselves without telling me to go f*** myself, or calling my job into question, or expecting me to be a stump they can kick on a bad day. I think this interaction has given you a bit of a one look impression of the dynamic I have with this community. The reality here is, I'm going to focus on the next steps. The history of this game is what it is. I'm not disregarding it or pretending like it was all roses. But I also cannot go back in time and change any of that. 

All I can do is work forwards, and if you have any interest in this game still, I'd appreciate you working forwards with me.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1