Sign in to follow this  
Jonmac-

Could they theoretically revamp/remaster the game for ps5

If Gun Media the creators were to win the lawsuit, could they theoretically make the game again on ps5's engine and add everything they were going to for ps4 onto ps5? GTA 5 is a good example, in the ps5 reveal GTA was being added onto ps5 as well but with bigger expansion and updated graphics. Friday the 13th could possibly take the same direction IF it would be possible. I would love to see this game "brand new" once again and fleshed out with brand new content.

25 minutes ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

It may be backwards compatible but a remaster I think is out of the question. Not worth the time, effort and money at this point imo. 

You're right, but if they had content for the game that was sitting there from months of launch from the game and they wanted to basically "remake" the game again they could potentially do another kickstarter so they could pull the funds to make it possible for a expansion of the game. That's just my opinion but idk I would love to see it happen and I would donate to the kickstarter if it were made so the game could come to fruition. 

10 hours ago, Jonmac- said:

If Gun Media the creators were to win the lawsuit

Gun Media cant win the lawsuit. The lawsuit is between Sean Cunningham (Horror Inc) and Victor Miller. Gun Media doesn't even own the rights to F13, Cunningham issued the rights to them for the purpose of making the game. Once the lawsuit hit, that pretty much wiped out Gun's rights.

Gun has stated on numerous occasions that there will be no more content added to the game, regardless how or when the lawsuit ends. That unfortunately includes all the content that was almost done (Uber Jason).They have also stated that there's no plans to port F13 to the next gen consoles. Hopefully the consoles themselves will have the capabilities to support the game so it can be played moving forward.

I like everyone else would love to see them change their stance. If the lawsuit was to end in the near future (which I highly doubt it will), maybe the rights holder could convince Gun to at least dive back in long enough to finish off Uber and his map. They say it's not happening now, but money can be a strong negotiator.

• Like 1