Sign in to follow this  
turfking8

Can we have the ability to edit our counselor or even their Jason during the lobby?

Hi all. I think this would be a simple one and it drives me crazy actually because it's a bunch of waste of time where you could be doing something useful. I think many people want to edit their people and that's what holds up all checking the box to start the game sooner. Now my suggestion is check the box when you first get in the lobby but you have the ability to edit your counselor/Jason still until the game starts, so you can make any changes up until game start time and it's kind of like the guy that gets to pick the map is allowed to do that so why not be able to edit your counselors what do you think?

3 hours ago, turfking8 said:

Hi all. I think this would be a simple one and it drives me crazy actually because it's a bunch of waste of time where you could be doing something useful. I think many people want to edit their people and that's what holds up all checking the box to start the game sooner. Now my suggestion is check the box when you first get in the lobby but you have the ability to edit your counselor/Jason still until the game starts, so you can make any changes up until game start time and it's kind of like the guy that gets to pick the map is allowed to do that so why not be able to edit your counselors what do you think?

You CAN do that, you know... if you're not in Ready status, you can change your Counselor/Jason as long as you do it before the countdown starts.

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You CAN do that, you know... if you're not in Ready status, you can change your Counselor/Jason as long as you do it before the countdown starts.

@turfking8 was asking for the ability to make changes with the READY button pushed. That way whomever is changing their selection isn’t holding up the lobby. 

As soon as everyone hits ready, there’s only going to be about 10 seconds to make changes. I don’t know how much you would be able to get done in that amount of time. Most people that I come across holding lobbies up aren’t making character changes though. They are either rolling perks or just being assholes refusing to hit the ready up. 

On a similar note, it would be fantastic if you could change your  Counselor/Jason spawn preference while in a game lobby.  Sucks that you have to exit out of the lobby in order to change your preference. 

• Like 1

this would probably cause bugs, plus why will someone want to edit something while checked? to get interrupted just when you removed on perk to add another one? hell no.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

this would probably cause bugs, plus why will someone want to edit something while checked? to get interrupted just when you removed on perk to add another one? hell no.

I don't see how that would add bugs. Of course you could still leave your button unchecked if you really need to go potty or you just need more time. if you're doing quick changes though and you know what you want to change but don't want to hold everyone up if they are ready... say you're swapping one item for another in your perks, and sure yes you have 10 seconds left to save your edits once you hear it lock. I don't see a problem with that, if you don't want to check the button then don't check the button but if you want to do some tinkering, there's no reason to hold up the whole Lobby. Maybe you just want to see what your options are to contemplate them for a future change even, but you can't because then you're holding up the whole game... this way you can check the box and still look. I might be ready to go but everyone else isn't so I want to go tinker but now if I want to go tinker, I have to leave my button unchecked and unready but this way you could check it and go tinker and if you get your edit in fine, if you don't find as well but at least you were ready to go when everybody else was. I don't see a problem with it. If you need all the time then don't check your button... simple as that

7 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

On a similar note, it would be fantastic if you could change your  Counselor/Jason spawn preference while in a game lobby.  Sucks that you have to exit out of the lobby in order to change your preference. 

I agree there's no reason to have to back out of your lobby just to change your Jason preference , you might decide you like a certain Jason on a certain map, of course random wouldn't help that situation but the point is it should be an easy change