Is Jason Slashing only foul or fair?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jason slashing only foul or fair?

• Foul - Jason should show some restraint and sympathy to his victims.
    • Fair - Jason is meant to kill by any means necessary.
    • Don't know

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I just imagine anyone who has no style when killing people as Jason is also horrible in the sack.  Probably wears the same socks and underwear for weeks on end too.     

nervous-laugh-gif-2.gif

ok then.

• Like 1

my rule of thumb is i only slash when getting surrounded/ganged up on by 3-7 people with weapons and knives and stuff

then i usually slash to widdle them down to a manage-able amount

12 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

the responses here makes it pretty clear people who have pocket knives and/or are vanessas really dont like getting slashed.

someone would only bitch about something they call "cheap" if they had the means to take advantage of a grab and you take that away from them.

I play random/random.  I personally don't care who i end up playing as when playing as Counselor.  

Its a 'cheap' kill because melee slashes are anti climatic kills.    Its almost as bad as people who only use the One Hand Choke kills.

It think it really boils down to WHY people play.    If you're the type of player that is only playing to WIN, then your comment would be spot on.  If you're a player like me who plays to be chased and murdered by Jason like its a a F13th movie, then slash kills are dumb.

For example,  when im playing as Jason, and im near a toilet.  The 1st thing on my mind is trying to dunk that Counselors head into the toilet.  Not slashing, not pocket knives, not kill count..  Nothing else matters but the damn toilet.     

For me, a slash kills is disrespect type of kill.  Meaning, when i choose to kill someone with slash, i did it because i didn't want to give the player a real death scene.  Or im fighting a group and went for the slash kill because it was my only chance to thin the group out, because im being forced to take what i can get.

If i have a counselor limping and alone.  I will never, eeeeeeeeeeeeever slash kill them to death.   Because that is when its a cheap kill.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I play random/random.  I personally don't care who i end up playing as when playing as Counselor.  

Its a 'cheap' kill because melee slashes are anti climatic kills.    Its almost as bad as people who only use the One Hand Choke kills.

It think it really boils down to WHY people play.    If you're the type of player that is only playing to WIN, then your comment would be spot on.  If you're a player like me who plays to be chased and murdered by Jason like its a a F13th movie, then slash kills are dumb.

For example,  when im playing as Jason, and im near a toilet.  The 1st thing on my mind is trying to dunk that Counselors head into the toilet.  Not slashing, not pocket knives, not kill count..  Nothing else matters but the damn toilet.     

For me, a slash kills is disrespect type of kill.  Meaning, when i choose to kill someone with slash, i did it because i didn't want to give the player a real death scene.  Or im fighting a group and went for the slash kill because it was my only chance to thin the group out, because im being forced to take what i can get.

If i have a counselor limping and alone.  I will never, eeeeeeeeeeeeever slash kill them to death.   Because that is when its a cheap kill.

Did you ever think or feel you take video games way to serious ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bryanp3692 said:

Did you ever think or feel you take video games way to serious ? 

I take my time seriously..     I work alot, when i have time to play a game, i want to enjoy myself.    Jason players who only slash are not fun to play with.  So, that wastes my time.    Which brings me back to 'i take my time seriously'.

If anything its the Jason players who only slash or choke that take the game waaaaay to seriously.  The Jason players that kill with style, are the ones what make this game worth playing and make it enjoyable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I take my time seriously..     I work alot, when i have time to play a game, i want to enjoy myself.    Jason players who only slash are not fun to play with.  So, that wastes my time.    Which brings me back to 'i take my time seriously'.

If anything its the Jason players who only slash or choke that take the game waaaaay to seriously.  The Jason players that kill with style, are the ones what make this game worth playing and make it enjoyable.

Yes , because after 3 years of the message board and the game (just a guess) you haven't seen or done every kill already !  Come on man , it's just  game !  

i too take my time seriously. since i already got phd in murder, i prefer to be efficient, and slashing is the most efficient and risk-free kill.

the benefits of not getting knifed, have the person heal and run away again far outweights the feelings of counselors who bitch at slashing because they had a pocket knife.

if i can deduce the potential victim doesnt have a knife (like, at the start i teleport to a house a counsel spawned, then i know he doesnt have a knife) i slash, weaken, then grab, kill.

just remember the universal rule: winning is not the most important thing, ITS THE ONLY THING (this part is conveniently omitted when someone wants to be inspirational).

when i play games, i aim to win. when im a counsel, i also aim to win. winning is fun. losing is not fun.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Yes , because after 3 years of the message board and the game (just a guess) you haven't seen or done every kill already !  Come on man , it's just  game !  

So because its 'just a game' and i've seen or done every kill means what exactly?

When i get bored of the kills.. I take a break from the game.    

22 hours ago, HuDawg said:

So because its 'just a game' and i've seen or done every kill means what exactly?

When i get bored of the kills.. I take a break from the game.    

haha , you win the debate Skippy ! My parting thoughts are you compared slashing to how somebody is in bed in a prior post on this thread ,  now you tell me when you're bored you take a break but then you'll return to the same game that gets 0 new content and do the same kills over and over again and complain about slashing on message boards !  Then you'll tell me how " I take my time seriously "  haha , okay man have a great F13 time .     

2 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

haha , you win the debate Skippy ! My parting thoughts are you compared slashing to how somebody is in bed in a prior post on this thread ,  now you tell me when you're bored you take a break but then you'll return to the same game that gets 0 new content and do the same kills over and over again and complain about slashing on message boards !  Then you'll tell me how " I take my time seriously "  haha , okay man have a great F13 time .     

Sounds like you need a break.  You are literally complaining about me not getting bored of KILLS scenes in a F13th game.    (which is the whole reason to even play this game)

As for the 'how somebody is in bed' comment.  I was joking and making a comparison.   It would be like saying "Look honey, we've done this so many times in every position, how about we just hurry up and get it over with'.   Which at that point, she would probably call Skippy over to hit the spot.  

Anyways, i do have a great time playing F13th.    Unless im stuck on a Lobby with a Jason player who has performance issue.

Let's agree to disagree and move on. The point of the topic was not if one found it boring, but if it was foul or fair.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:12 PM, ULTIMA said:

just remember the universal rule: winning is not the most important thing, ITS THE ONLY THING (this part is conveniently omitted when someone wants to be inspirational).

when i play games, i aim to win. when im a counsel, i also aim to win. winning is fun. losing is not fun.

While losing isn't fun, it is destined to happen. Lose the first time, it does sting. Lose a few more times, it will sting a little less.

• Like 2

While I think slashing should be utilized as part of Jason's strategy, and not strictly a 'play style', I don't have a problem with Jason's who do it. It's Jason's job to kill all the counselors by any means necessary, so it's definitely fair.  I don't slash much as Jason,  with a handful of situational exceptions,  as I've never really found it an effective strategy unless you're running part 3 or 4 up against a bunch of slow inexperienced counselors. Competent players using high stamina counselors will rarely put themselves in a position to get slashed to death and for the newbies that do, it's just not worth it. If someone is going to give me an easy kill, I'd prefer to do a fun kill.

I'm a Jason Killer as a counselor, so personally I love seeing Slasher Jason's. They're by far the easiest to kill, since they'll just stand there and let you whack them 5 or 6 times with a machete trying to slash me to death, and by the time I'm done, that mask is just a couple of hits from coming off. Bring it on Jason, slash me all you want.

Edited by I'm Not a Goalie
Correction

I'm amused with slashers at this point. Thick skin+medic+decent evasion/knowing when to faceplant Jason lead to Jason's with a low kill count. Good fucking luck,guy.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:57 PM, Risinggrave said:

I'm amused with slashers at this point. Thick skin+medic+decent evasion/knowing when to faceplant Jason lead to Jason's with a low kill count. Good fucking luck,guy.

All of which are useless when you're out of stam . and you have a Jason that has mastered the art of throwing knives , not every Jason is 12 yrs old .  

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 5:29 AM, bryanp3692 said:

All of which are useless when you're out of stam . and you have a Jason that has mastered the art of throwing knives , not every Jason is 12 yrs old .  

The one time I've found it useless is when Jason is in rage, and I made a mistake to be both out in the open and limping. Being out of stamina isn't an issue. I hit Jason and regain stamina even if he doesn't get slowed down. Juking throwing knives/shift grabs/wild slashes is something I can most often do in my sleep. I know how to loop cabins to make chasing me a time intensive endeavor.  If I can't juke without getting hit, or take broken window damage, I have 4 uses of med spray more often than not via Medic, and Legendary Thick Skin to mitigate damage.

My whole point is that a Jason who wants to slash me is 95% of the time going to lose out on killing me. In early game because I'm taking up too much time. In end game to either the cops or surviving the night. 

Looking at the poll of this topic..  Both choices are kind of lose lose

Well, Jason should never show sympathy to his victims.   Restraint tho... depends on what you mean.

Jason should not really kill by any means necessary.   Jason should go above and beyond what's necessary to kill people.

I mean... maybe we need a 20 min kill montage.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Looking at the poll of this topic..  Both choices are kind of lose lose

Well, Jason should never show sympathy to his victims.   Restraint tho... depends on what you mean.

Jason should not really kill by any means necessary.   Jason should go above and beyond what's necessary to kill people.

I mean... maybe we need a 20 min kill montage.

Y'know as much I love the Friday films just watching that montage reminds how horribly some of the kills were edited down for censoring reasons which even now i still think is stupid they had tone down an R rated franchise. 

If people got a problem with Slashing they should probably go to DbD because it seems people cant handle a real slasher video game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

If people got a problem with Slashing they should probably go to DbD because it seems people cant handle a real slasher video game.

yFa2y0Z.gif

13 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

The one time I've found it useless is when Jason is in rage, and I made a mistake to be both out in the open and limping. Being out of stamina isn't an issue. I hit Jason and regain stamina even if he doesn't get slowed down. Juking throwing knives/shift grabs/wild slashes is something I can most often do in my sleep. I know how to loop cabins to make chasing me a time intensive endeavor.  If I can't juke without getting hit, or take broken window damage, I have 4 uses of med spray more often than not via Medic, and Legendary Thick Skin to mitigate damage.

My whole point is that a Jason who wants to slash me is 95% of the time going to lose out on killing me. In early game because I'm taking up too much time. In end game to either the cops or surviving the night. 

Once again , it sounds like you're playing amateur Jason. You hit Jason and regain stamina !   Once again have you ever played a Jason that uses block that prevents that and then knives you too death ?  All in good fun , but you sound like the guys on the local Facebook pages and or you haven't played a good Jason ! 

11 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

To be honest....  If people like slashing DBD is probably they game they should be playing.

The DBD killers don't have any real kills..  and basically just run around doing the same slash over and over and over.     Seems like DBD is a perfect match for them.

IMO The 'slashing' term keeps getting misused.

Slashing, in this game and topic, is the simple basic melee attack.   Its not a shot a "SLASHERS'.   Theres plenty of cinematic kills in this game that involve 'slashing'

Also this topic is about people who "ONLY SLASH".     Its not about people who use slash.   (Melee)

Basically if people only use melee attacks and don't want to use any cinematic kills..  The should be playing another game.. period.