Sign in to follow this  
ExpertDual

Is Jason's Sense not working properly with Rage?

I've been seeing alot of Matches were counselors survive the night or get away from Jason late game. I don't think the Rage Sense boost is applying to every Jason. But he still gets a Hearing loss so he can't track down hiding counselors or see counselors on their way to the exits. Can anybody test it?

16 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

I've been seeing alot of Matches were counselors survive the night or get away from Jason late game. I don't think the Rage Sense boost is applying to every Jason. But he still gets a Hearing loss so he can't track down hiding counselors or see counselors on their way to the exits. Can anybody test it?

sounds more like jason's fault, cuz i am always easily able to rack all counselors, even the high composure ones.

edit: stealth not composure :P

6 hours ago, Carlso said:

sounds more like jason's fault, cuz i am always easily able to rack all counselors, even the high composure ones.

@Carlso lol ok I thought it doesn't activate ALL the time. But I know for some games it's still active. I'm asking if it's not working some games or with certain Jason picks. For example I've seen it happen with Part 4. Where Part 4 was at the Bathhouses in Crystal Lake small during Rage but he couldn't see the players lined up at the road waiting for cops.

30 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

@Carlso lol ok I thought it doesn't activate ALL the time. But I know for some games it's still active. I'm asking if it's not working some games or with certain Jason picks. For example I've seen it happen with Part 4. Where Part 4 was at the Bathhouses in Crystal Lake small during Rage but he couldn't see the players lined up at the road waiting for cops.

there are more variables. for example, yesterday i played agaisnt a raged part 3 jason that said he couldn't see me with sense: i was playing lachappa with low profile and home body. also rage doesn't make you able to see all of the map with sense , it just adds +1 sense, so jason with -1 sense (less sense) when raged becomes 0 sense (0 sense extra), 0 sense becomes +1, and +1 becomes +2.

Rage allows you to see across the entire map with sense regardless of the Jason however, sense avoidance perks still allows the chance to go undetected.  Which is why spamming sense is so overpowered once Jason hits rage because after a few toggles of sense he's going to find you even if you're in Stoneside and he's down in Mullholand on Pinehurst. 

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Carlso said:

there are more variables. for example, yesterday i played agaisnt a raged part 3 jason that said he couldn't see me with sense: i was playing lachappa with low profile and home body. also rage doesn't make you able to see all of the map with sense , it just adds +1 sense, so jason with -1 sense (less sense) when raged becomes 0 sense (0 sense extra), 0 sense becomes +1, and +1 becomes +2.

Hmm.  Is that really how Rage boosts Jason's Sense ability?  It just adds +1 to his Sense and shortens the cooldown timer?

Also depends on if all the power is out. If you are having issues with finding people with all the power boxes broken then something is wrong just keep spamming sense.Always check the campsites too.

1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

It just adds +1 to his Sense and shortens the cooldown timer?

not confirmed, but presumable cuz happens almost the same thing with the other stats. 

6 hours ago, Carlso said:

not confirmed, but presumable cuz happens almost the same thing with the other stats. 

Jason's sense extends across the entire campground when he enters rage and can be toggled off and on every few seconds. 

You can have a negative sense Jason and it makes no difference when he hits rage with the way sense is used. 

Actually sense as a strength or negative means absolutely nothing in this game as no one stays in sense for the entire duration of it and spams it because that is the most effective use of it...pre and post rage. 

If you don't believe me then go into a private match with a friend.  You go to one edge of the map and have him go to the other.  Try to spam sense him before rage.  You won't be able to see him in sense.  Once you get rage spam sense some more, you'll see he'll light right up for you.  If he's a counselor using stealth/composure perks you'll notice he won't pop up every time but eventually he will.  You will then learn how absolutely pointless sense avoidance and composure actually is. 

9 hours ago, SirMang said:

Jason's sense extends across the entire campground

that never happened to me and if that was true this topic wouldnt exist

You can have a negative sense Jason and it makes no difference when he hits rage with the way sense is used. 

it also never happened, a less stat becomes a normal stat, normal becomes a plus, and a plus becomes even more plus. that's how it's been working for me. look at the other stats, they work exactly like that, dont see why sense would be different.

You go to one edge of the map and have him go to the other.

i've done this multiple times. the results i got: raged plus sense jasons can see low stealth low composure counselors across the map, the rest need to morph and get closer.

You will then learn how absolutely pointless sense avoidance and composure actually is. 

go on a match against offline bots. kill everyone normally. when there are only two counselors, see who they are and their stealth level. if you play stealth correctly you will be one of the last survivors almost every match.

all of that is solo based on my experience, not a single of them were officially confirmed. still i think it is correct because the game has been working for me like that. 

11 hours ago, SirMang said:

Jason's sense extends across the entire campground when he enters rage and can be toggled off and on every few seconds. 

I tried testing this a while back and it didn't seem like Rage caused Sense to see the whole map. I can't remember what Jason I was using but during an offline bots match I had a Lachappa hiding in a closet at the very bottom of Pinehurst.  So I morphed to the very top, near Jason's Shack and I could not see him from there (probably tried spamming sense around 10 times).  Once I morphed to the middle of the map (near Pinehurst lodge) I could see the cabin he was in glowing red every time I used sense.

• Thanks 1