Sign in to follow this  
ExpertDual

What extra abilities would you imagine for Jason???

Here's my idea

Ill wind or wind burst

Wind burst closes doors and opens windows. I'd say the ability is usable at the getgo. This gives Jason a very small area of effect that changes the exits to a building. It doesn't affect the doors inside a cabin. If a Counselor tries to escape through a backdoor it becomes uninteractable for a few seconds. Jason can also use it tactically when he chases a single Counselor into a building the Door closes behind him. If a Counselor is near an already opened window it doesn't do anything else. But if a Counselor is near a closed window blowing it open will increase the counselor's fear. It also prevents counselors from exiting the car or opening the car doors for a few seconds. During Rage it happens automatically on a more random and visible cooldown unless you are in Stalk. From a counselor's perspective it plays a strong wind sound effect. It also will play an ambient Tree breeze sound effect in the woods.

unlocking doors when you're on the side where the lock is

• Like 2

Able to carry Dead bodies and use them to block doors or windows ......similar to Friday the 13th part 4 when he mounts Jimmy‘s Hands and feet With tent spikes to block the back door.....

part 2- His shack can only be entered the final 5 minutes of the game. So that means the final 5 minutes is when the sweater can be used. I like the idea of this bc the sweater got used on this Jason towards the ending of the movie. In this game, Tommy and sweater girl will be forced to have to survive some time together and make the run for the sweater towards the end of the game. This would be a lot more intense and would give some good endings to games. 

part 3- One shot one kill spear gun 

part 4- Can use dead bodies to block entrances or whatever else. Slightly faster running speed than +can run

part 5- Be able to uninstall parts that counselors install 

part 6- If part 6 Jason has 3 counselors surrounding him in his attack range he can behead all of them with a kill button prompt. He will use his machete he has on his belt for the kill. Counselors would have to think twice before they think they can do a gangbang. Before you say this is OP. Counselors can easily avoid this from happening.  

part 7- weed wacker weapon. Has a time limit on how long it can be used once picked up (not sure on time) but it does double damage. Would be good for kill squads 

part 8- Doesn’t take damage or get stunned from shotguns. Has infinite stalk first 5 minutes of the game. 

part 9- have the ability to take control over counselors bodies he kills and go kill posing as that counselor. So it’d basically be a disguise. 

GOOD counselor teams are grossly op right now and this would help Jason tremendously. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

part 2- His shack can only be entered the final 5 minutes of the game. So that means the final 5 minutes is when the sweater can be used. I like the idea of this bc the sweater got used on this Jason towards the ending of the movie. In this game, Tommy and sweater girl will be forced to have to survive some time together and make the run for the sweater towards the end of the game. This would be a lot more intense and would give some good endings to games. 

part 3- One shot one kill spear gun 

part 4- Can use dead bodies to block entrances or whatever else. Slightly faster running speed than +can run

part 5- Be able to uninstall parts that counselors install 

part 6- If part 6 Jason has 3 counselors surrounding him in his attack range he can behead all of them with a kill button prompt. He will use his machete he has on his belt for the kill. Counselors would have to think twice before they think they can do a gangbang. Before you say this is OP. Counselors can easily avoid this from happening.  

part 7- weed wacker weapon. Has a time limit on how long it can be used once picked up (not sure on time) but it does double damage. Would be good for kill squads 

part 8- Doesn’t take damage or get stunned from shotguns. Has infinite stalk first 5 minutes of the game. 

part 9- have the ability to take control over counselors bodies he kills and go kill posing as that counselor. So it’d basically be a disguise. 

counselor teams are grossly op right now and this would help Jason tremendously. 

I'd love most of your ideas, but I think some would be very hard to implement as they would need reworking the whole game mechanics

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Able to carry Dead bodies and use them to block doors or windows ......similar to Friday the 13th part 4 when he mounts Jimmy‘s Hands and feet With tent spikes to block the back door.....

That'd be cool on windows, doors doesn't make that much sense to me

Ah also being more "intangible" when shifting like in Evil Dead movies, because here you can get stuck by a rock or a low fence.

@DontZzz34

Fantastic ideas!!

I dig all of them!

@VLK
yeah definitely using it on windows.

I just like the idea of being able to use a body to block the door to a cabin or main house and the thought of a counselor opening it and seeing the body blocking their path.....It’s classic F13!!

Switch weapons between the different versions of Jason (would that be an ability?)

4 hours ago, VLK said:

Switch weapons between the different versions of Jason (would that be an ability?)

You can do that at level 113 now.

I would also give all Jasons two tree snares ( like in Part 2.)...that when tripped hangs the counselors upside down.......alerting Jason....you can only escape with a pocket knife or if someone else lets down.

I see some really good ideas overall.

@OCT 31 1978, I really like the snares. That would have given counselors something else to watch out for. It would been another way to take knives out of the equation faster.

• Thanks 1

Three ideas, which will translate to five mechanics. 

1: Just an addition to the Stalk skill. Certain locations would have "ambush points." Places such as just out of view of a window, right in front of a door, behind a corner, etc. When in Stalk, Jason can stand in these spots, and if a counselor gets within range, Jason gets an automatic grab with a "grab bonus" (meaning that the grab is much harder to break out of. This does stack with Jason's that already have a grab bonus.) Different ambush spots would have slightly different mechanics. For example, if Jason is in front of a door, and a counselor opens the door from the other side, they scream in shock before automatically getting grabbed. If outside of a window, Jason will do his famous bust through window technique. This animation takes some time, and is automatically stopped by a pocket knife, and can also be stopped by another counselor hitting Jason. These spots could get creative of course, but you get the idea.

2: SUPER STALK!: Some Jasons have SUPER STALK. You know Last Year? It would be similar to that. Acting like a mix between Shift and Stalk, Jason would become an invisible ghost capable of moving very fast (but not as fast as regular Shift though. Jason would not be able to move through locked doors, but he would faze through unlocked doors, and he could only appear when out of sight of a Counselor. So no SUPER STALK grabs. If the time on the Super Stalk ran out, Jason would simply come out of it in his current location, or if that location was being observed, Jason would just Morph to a location nearby. The real advantage of SUPER STALK though, would be laying "ambush traps." When in SUPER STALK, Jason would be able to put a shadow of himself on an ambush spot. No matter where he is on the map, if a customer triggers one, he appears at the location immediately and proceeds with the ambush animation. These "ambush traps" would have a limited life span, and a limited number Jason can lay at a time. And if the location of the trap is being directly observed by a counselor, it doesn't work. Pocket Knives still apply. 

3: Throwing axes/ hatchets. This ones mostly simple. There would be a very small number of throwing axes across the map that Jason can grab. They basically just throwing knives that do way more damage, AND, more importantly, they can incapacitate counselors. Yes, like DbD. The counselor WOULD bleedout over time, and they'd also lose all of the items in their inventory. (not permanently, they'd just be dropped next to the counselor as if they died) Jason can then grab, kill or even leave him there to die. Only another counselor with a healing spray can help them up, and there constant screaming would show where they were on the map to any other counselors. Whether they see them for the bait they are, go to help them, or got to take the stuff they dropped is up to the counselors. 

And lastly, I want the Jason strengths and weaknesses to be reworked. Instead of giving every living Jason "can run" as a strength, just make a "living" and Undead" classifiication. All living Jasons can run, but have lower HP. All undead Jasons can't run, but have higher HP. This would allow for even more diversity in Jason playstyles, (that way "can run" and "can't run" aren't obligatory spots) and make room for SUPER STALK in some of the Jasons Strengths spot. Naturally, Parts 4 and 8 would have SUPER STALK. If we ever got remake Jason, he could have +throwing axes and - throwing knives

I'm aware that this is all just wishful thinking, but I still like these ideas. With the right tweaking, I truly believe that they're feasible to implement, possible to balance, and fun to play with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VLK said:

I'd love most of your ideas, but I think some would be very hard to implement as they would need reworking the whole game mechanics

Thank you! I agree they’d be hard to implement in our current game. Maybe for a remake it’s possible :) 

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@DontZzz34

Fantastic ideas!!

I dig all of them!

Thank you! Glad people like the ideas. I think they’d make gameplay for counselors and Jason very interesting. 

• Like 1

Heavy slash which is executed by holding slash

Jason can change weapons mid match by picking them up

Jason can grab through windows

Living Jason can dodge

Undead Jason can make apparitions of himself

Regain hp by visiting mother's shrine

Jason can break counselors weapons

4 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Undead Jason can make apparitions of himself

That's the only one I disagree with. I'm going to toot my own horn and say that my SUPER STALK suggestion would scratch the same itch while feeling a little more "believable."