A "True" Victory Poll  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Suppose Jason kills you as one of the counselors and you come back as Tommy Jarvis. As Tommy you then win the game by either escaping or killing Jason. Would you count that as a "true" victory?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends. (Please explain in the comments section below.)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/2021 at 04:00 PM

If tommy kills Jason then yes, it is obviously a victory.

If Tommy helps counselors escape and then escapes himself then yes, it is a victory.

If Tommy escapes and there are still counselors running around then it is a hard NO.  Tommy leaving while counselors are still alive is about as big a FAIL as you can get in this game.  

• Like 3

Yes, if Tommy kills Jason or if he escapes by the car/boat/cops then that’s another victory in my opinion. If other counselors are alive and Tommy escapes then that’s a completely different story. I feel like it’s also a victory for the counselors as a whole if they escape but Tommy dies in the process of trying to save them since that’s his job in this situation - Saving the counselors even if it means risking his life. There were a few times where I gave up my pocket knife to a teammate because I knew they needed it more than I did. 

I was playing yesterday and I came back as Tommy and had one of the girl counselors follow me to get the sweater. Unfortunately, she didn’t know what the hell she was doing, didn’t know how to activate the sweater or anything like that. I was right by the police exit but I ran to the middle of the map where she was to try to help. Jason’s mask was off and everything, all she needed to do was push Y. But she didn’t. And I died. But I died knowing I did stuff to help my teammates because multiple times before that, I saved them, healed them, etc. 

So I think both those things you mentioned are definitely considered a victory. 

Now that I'm reasonably confident in my ability to execute the Jason kill, I look at it this way.

With Tommy on the scene and the sweater available, the Jason kill is priority one for him. If the kill is bungled, all bets are off and I hold him to the same code of etiquette I do the rest of the counselors, which is:

Help fix whichever objective is closest / safest (if the two conflict, use your judgment). If you obtain the final part of the car or boat, communicate that the objective is about to be completed and give people a reasonable amount of time to make their way to you.

When it's time to leave, get the hell out of there as fast as possible in the boat. It's too easy to be killed in the water, so it's not worth stopping for someone. If you're in the car, stop if you happen to meet someone on the path and it's safe to do so. Otherwise GTFO of Dodge.

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

If tommy kills Jason then yes, it is obviously a victory.

If Tommy helps counselors escape and then escapes himself then yes, it is a victory.

If Tommy escapes and there are still counselors running around then it is a hard NO.  Tommy leaving while counselors are still alive is about as big a FAIL as you can get in this game.  

Exactly right

If the Jason kill is a no go, then Tommy should be the last living counselor to escape. Doesn't always happen that way and can't be helped sometimes, but generally that's what he's for

I reread the question and I want to change my vote to NO. Lol

In the above scenario the person gets killed and comes back as Tommy.  If the counselor is killed then it can't be a victory in any circumstance.  Yes, you can do some good as Tommy but fact is you died so... you failed, plain and simple.  

Tommy, in no circumstances, should ever escape if there is any counselors still alive and on the map. 

Getting to be Tommy is not the second life as I've seen many people think/exclaim it is.  Your role is to fix objectives, protect other counselors and kill Jason.  That's it.  Your escape means absolutely nothing.

If you can do the above, or a combination of it, you have won as Tommy. 

If the Jason player is playing a good, clean game and good enough to kill me, then no, I don't feel victorious if I come back as Tommy and survive/kill Jason.

If I've died as a result of cheating/teaming and come back with the odds evened a bit, troll the assh0le all round long, and escape/kill him/make him quit, definitely a big W in the win column in my mind.