Sign in to follow this  
45 RPM

Proper Killing Procedures/Jason

Hello all.

I have had failed attempts to kill Jason where it was said afterwards - " We hit him too soon." or "We didn't hit him soon enough."  Now, I have seen tutorial videos on killing him, and the videos show it done while trying to bring him to his knees immediately after sweater activation and later on after he actually lowers the weapon. So, my take is BOTH ways work - seemingly the bat works best as a weapon for bringing him to knees - but I was wondering if anyone notices one way working much better than the other?

Thoughts? 

Use the axe every time to bring him to his knees and not rely on the machete and use sucker punch! Should work about every time

31 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Use the axe every time to bring him to his knees and not rely on the machete and use sucker punch! Should work about every time

Posted this elsewhere but in the 4 months I've been running sucker punch I haven't failed to bring Jason to his knees once with the axe.  Hundreds of kills easy.  

Prior to running sucker punch I was failing 2 out of 10 times I'd say. 

I don't make it a mission to kill Jason except for when it's clear he's cheating or otherwise being a douche. But, an axe hit from Tommy in combat-stance rarely ever fails, regardless of perks. It's very important to remember to go into combat mode prior to that hit. Most of the fails I've seen is when someone does the basic melee swing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Posted this elsewhere but in the 4 months I've been running sucker punch I haven't failed to bring Jason to his knees once with the axe.  Hundreds of kills easy.  

Prior to running sucker punch I was failing 2 out of 10 times I'd say. 

Yep sucker punch is yet to fail on me for killing Jason. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 45 RPM said:

I have had failed attempts to kill Jason where it was said afterwards - " We hit him too soon." or "We didn't hit him soon enough." 

Were you watching newer, or older tutorial videos?
   You can hit Jason as soon as his sweater stun animation begins... but if you, or someone else hits him a second time it will screw it up... Too late would be after the sweater stun animation has ended for Jason.
   Bringing Jason to his knees is based on a successful stun from a weapon after the sweater stun is activated. Machetes have a low chance to stun, axes work better but are not a guarantee to stun him... and a third person with a bat will almost always stun him... but can still fail to bring him to his knees... that is rare with a bat, but can still happen.
   When Jason is on his knees, Tommy will get the kill prompt if he is in front of Jason... unless he is holding a weapon other than an axe or machete.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

You can hit Jason as soon as his sweater stun animation begins... but if you, or someone else hits him a second time it will screw it up... Too late would be after the sweater stun animation has ended for Jason.

Gonna have to correct this one because it's not true, at least console side it's not, seeing I know you play on PC.  This tends to work best if there's a couple other counselors in the vicinity or stun weapons on the ground...

Jason gets sweater stunned.  Someone knocks him to his knees.  Waits a few seconds.  Knocks him to his knees again.  Rinse, repeat.  I've seen a Jason knocked to his knees a dozen times before Tommy hits the X to kill him.

It's funny, in a ridiculous WTF this shouldn't be allowable kind of way. 

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Were you watching newer, or older tutorial videos?
   Bringing Jason to his knees is based on a successful stun from a weapon after the sweater stun is activated. Machetes have a low chance to stun, axes work better but are not a guarantee to stun him... and a third person with a bat will almost always stun him... but can still fail to bring him to his knees... that is rare with a bat, but can still happen.
   When Jason is on his knees, Tommy will get the kill prompt if he is in front of Jason... unless he is holding a weapon other than an axe or machete.

Probably older.  So, it doesn't matter as much WHEN but it is a matter of a successful 'stun' depending on weapon.  There is not 'automatic' stun just because sweater is activated...

18 hours ago, SirMang said:

Gonna have to correct this one because it's not true, at least console side it's not, seeing I know you play on PC.  This tends to work best if there's a couple other counselors in the vicinity or stun weapons on the ground...

Jason gets sweater stunned.  Someone knocks him to his knees.  Waits a few seconds.  Knocks him to his knees again.  Rinse, repeat.  I've seen a Jason knocked to his knees a dozen times before Tommy hits the X to kill him.

It's funny, in a ridiculous WTF this shouldn't be allowable kind of way. 

I have seen the Jason kill screwed up quite a few times because another counselor hit him after he was already hit and began to drop to his knees... and this is just how @GeneiJin explained what happened to screw it up... unless I misinterpreted him. If I didn't misinterpret him... I trust his judgement, he knows what he is doing.
   I have also seen video of that bug with Jason being knocked to his knees over and over again... I think it was @GhostWolfViking that posted it in another thread... if I am not mistaken. That is a new bug since the last patch, is it not?... Either way, hopefully it will get patched out soon... I have not yet seen this bug on PC yet though... but that is not to say it is not there, I just have not seen it yet.

4 hours ago, 45 RPM said:

Probably older.  So, it doesn't matter as much WHEN but it is a matter of a successful 'stun' depending on weapon.  There is not 'automatic' stun just because sweater is activated...

The sweater stun itself should only fail if Jason is out of the radius from sweater girl, or she hits it a touch too late as he morphs away... But it does pull Jason out of shift.
     Once the sweater stun is activated, dropping him to his knees is based on a stun from the weapon being used... non are 100% chance to stun, not even the bat. If you hit him in the sweater stun animation and score a stun, he will drop to his knees.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

I have also seen video of that bug with Jason being knocked to his knees over and over again... I think it was @GhostWolfViking that posted it in another thread... if I am not mistaken. That is a new bug since the last patch, is it not?... Either way, hopefully it will get patched out soon... I have not yet seen this bug on PC yet though... but that is not to say it is not there, I just have not seen it yet.

That's the bug I'm talking about.  At any point Tommy can hit X to finish off Jason with an axe or machete during that process. 

• Like 1

So is it still the case that if you hit Jason during the sweater stun and he beings to drop to his knees another hit will bring him out of the stun?  Is that always the case?  it seems to me that is usually what messes up the kill for QP groups because everyone tries to hit him.