Strigoi

Adding 3 more slot boxes to each counselors Perk Options.

33 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Now wait a minute ive thought about it and i think that the devs adding rage mode to Jason was the right thing to do.

Calm down now. i can hear the aggervation with my posts in your typing tone.

We can disagree and debate here im open to listening what you are saying here.

I Do belive Jason should be more powerfull.

I Do belive that most counselors should not survive the night in a game match.

Jason is the point of focus in The Friday the 13th title.

but i still think that counselors should be able to carry more perks in a match.

avoiding Jasonse sense abillities perk would help balance the game and help counselors have a fighting chance.

27 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

avoiding Jasonse sense abillities perk would help balance the game and help counselors have a fighting chance.

There are people currently running a perk build that allows them to avoid Jason’s sense ability. I’m sure someone on these very forums right now currently or in the past has ran that build and can elaborate more on it than I can  

I’m not against counselors being able to carry more perks. Let’s face it though, nothing else is coming to this game except bug/glitch fixes. And then the fixes they have to do after that to fix what they messed up when the fixed the previous problem. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Ahab, I personally see NoS as one of the meta perks, it’s the ‘most efficient technique available’ for keeping track of Jason. Using my idea you’d never see it paired with TS and Medic. Those three can only go in the top tier slot, although any lower tier perk could also go in that slot. This would be more of a challenge for Jason but not the insurmountable one you’re imagining.

I realize why it could seem extreme but in there current form the perks can’t provide that much of a bonus with the meta removed. Jason will have to guard objectives harder because Mdac will be more common and so will the driving perks. If the rework is only on library size and  the acquisition system, then I see this as a good way forward. 

The conversations about builds will be worth it alone. 

From what I see.... most people I play with do not bother with N.O.S. and many people on these forums do not seem to use it either. I have explained the benefits to many of my friends, but they will not give up on their own builds... I have explained it here to many people that still see zero value in it, although a few players here and there have probably figured it out by now. I think it is more of a...  "should be a meta perk", but isn't as meta as many think it is.
    You do not have to tell me about the benefits of it... you are preaching to the choir on that one.

Three perks is enough for counselors even with the perks as they are... and we do not know what will be entailed in the rework... So our opinions on what would or would not work better after this rework are most likely way off the mark at this point. Four perks, even with restrictions is taking it too far in my opinion... Counselors have not needed a buff for a very long time now when considering the age of the game.
    The conversations on the builds would devolve into crying about restrictions put on the meta perks... but it would be funny. Your suggested restrictions would not effect me at all anyway... so you would not hear me complaining until restrictions were put on other less used perks that have similar bonuses to each other... but really, only the meta perks are an issue. I imagine at least some perks will have adjustments made... There were a lot of good suggestions for them, and I am sure the devs will come up with a few good ideas themselves... My only hope is that balance is not thrown to the wind.
    Either way, they would be a fair way into the rework at this point... it was announced quite some time ago. At this point, I doubt any more suggestions would even be considered... the decisions have most likely been made concerning any change quite a while back now. Changing their minds on ANYTHING that is being worked on would be scrapping what could turn into a whole lot on man hours that have already been put into it and delay its release even more than focusing on the roof glitch issue.

8 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Also rage mode has made Jason a SUPER POWER HOUSE.In Rage mode Jason cant be stunned and when Jason slashes counselors there is no defense and no place to hide as Jason in Rage mode can instantly break down doors.

All that the rage buff did was cause an end to the piñata parties occurring through the entire match. No more piñata Jason after rage hits... that is all it did. There was no buff that made it easier for Jason to catch a counselor... NON. All hits that do not stun Jason do full damage towards demasking... stunning hits do less damage towards demasking... making it EASIER to kill Jason once rage hits... if someone dies in getting his mask off... or just contributing a few hits to get it off... DOES NOT mean killing him was hard... not in ANY way. There are still six other players that can help finish him off.

Solo combat was never a good idea against Jason in the first place... and those that relied on stuns to fight him were shown their own lack of skill when the stuns are taken away from them with rage.... A two year old can stun Jason over and over again until he gets rage... this takes ZERO skill to do... even to an excellent Jason player. If you cannot fight Jason without stuns... then running away from the slasher is your best chance... or jogging for that matter. It works. While there are players with enough practice and skill to still fight Jason fairly effectively when he is in rage, against someone that knows what they are doing, the outcome is still inevitable in a 1 on 1 confrontation... as it should be... or this would NOT be an asymmetrical horror survival game.
     Do not stand around the door... and Jason instantly breaking down doors is not a problem. Put a bear trap in front of the door... if he crashes through it, he has no chance to avoid the bear trap and you get even more time to run away.
     Players were never afraid to walk up and stun Jason for a reason.... it was INCREDIBLY easy to do... and still is, before rage. Now, running after rage is the preferred tactic by players that do not want to fight a Jason that they cannot stun... indicating fear... which should have been there from the beginning... But no one fears a piñata... so here we are with the rage buff... you can thank hoards of battle Chads for making Jason look like a clown in his own game for that one.
     And hiding... under certain circumstances hiding is a good tactic... but it was crystal clear from the beginning that some players will just go into a hiding place and try to survive the night without contributing anything to the team and make it incredibly boring to stick around and spectate. So... Jason can see you in a hiding spot after he gets rage. It keeps the game from becoming incredibly boring for every other player who is not hiding.

21 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

There are people currently running a perk build that allows them to avoid Jason’s sense ability. I’m sure someone on these very forums right now currently or in the past has ran that build and can elaborate more on it than I can  

I’m not against counselors being able to carry more perks. Let’s face it though, nothing else is coming to this game except bug/glitch fixes. And then the fixes they have to do after that to fix what they messed up when the fixed the previous problem. 

hmmm im very interested in learning more about how to avoid jasons sense abilities.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:10 AM, Strigoi said:

hmmm im very interested in learning more about how to avoid jasons sense abilities.

Use a character with a good stealth stat and use stealth based perks. That's what I do in every match

I would be on board with adding more perk slots if they put each perk into a tier class.  Some perks are almost useless while others are almost overpowered.  What if we had 6 perk slots but we can only equip 1 top tier perk, 2 mid tier perks, and 3 bottom tier perks.

9 minutes ago, KilledByKangaroo said:

I would be on board with adding more perk slots if they put each perk into a tier class.  Some perks are almost useless while others are almost overpowered.  What if we had 6 perk slots but we can only equip 1 top tier perk, 2 mid tier perks, and 3 bottom tier perks.

I agree, it would be a fun change, not game breaking. 

...and then we could buff Jason’s HP. 😉 

i have to disagree with this also the game is just now starting to shift power back over to jason's side were it should have been from the go. Adding more perks for counselors would kill what the rage patch was trying to do could you imagine a vanessa running around with medic and thick skin on all slots that would be hell even for a good jason.

3 hours ago, camp_voorhees said:

i have to disagree with this also the game is just now starting to shift power back over to jason's side were it should have been from the go. Adding more perks for counselors would kill what the rage patch was trying to do could you imagine a vanessa running around with medic and thick skin on all slots that would be hell even for a good jason.

Not sure if you read the first page or not but here’s what he’s talking about. 

On 7/25/2019 at 12:10 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Going way out on a limb here, but I think having 6 slots could be fine. Hear me out, before you point out the obvious flaws with giving Counselors this kind of buff.

I’ve brought this up before and I’m sure it was better explained in the past but here’s how I’d do it. You break the perks into a Pyramid, three very weak perks can be selected at the bottom, two more powerful ones at the second level and a single meta perk at the top. The top perks would be Medic, Thick Skin and NoS, the middle would be for mostly attacking perks. Stealth and movement would be at the bottom with some movement ones being in the middle level. 

I think this could work to liven up the game without breaking it, in fact it will work as a nerf to the meta and force players to construct more interesting builds. Perks could also be linked so you might require a specific perk at a lower level to get the one you want at a higher level, I’d only do this if testing showed it was required though, don’t want to limit the options players have to explore interesting builds.

There’s another quote where I respond to Ahab’s concerns as well, but it’s less easy to move.

Having three low level perks isn’t going to break anything, it will just make them interesting to play with, rather than them never getting any use.