Sign in to follow this  
Siph

Baseball Bat not stunning?

56 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Chad's main strength was his luck.  We all know luck affects weapon durability.

Sure but he has good enough speed to get out of dodge when his weapon breaks.

Here's the problem with doing that now, post patch...all you're gonna do is put Jason into rage even faster and make it that much harder for the rest of the lobby when inevitably you put Jason into rage in 6 minutes doing that.  Which also means you're going to die not longer after that, because with Chad's stamina, constant pressure by Jason is gonna deplete that with a massive quickness. 

That is true about rage....however Chad can still be valuable as a protector of Repair characters and a diversion character he doesn’t always need to stun Jason to do this.... obviously continued stunning will Get Jason into rage faster so be very picky about what shots to get in and when....this is how I have adjusted to using him...

Chad is borderline useless now, his sole purpose is to run parts because of his speed...or to steal someone else's repaired vehicle as you stated. 

He definitely isn’t the nuisance to Jason that he used to be.... but he definitely is good at running items and being an all around Douche bag......

this is just my experience but I have had quite a bit of fun using him as a second Tommy as of late teaming with other characters as a protector.....doesn’t always work out well but is still highly entertaining...Jason sure does see red when you Juke him for 6 to 8 minutes while repairing is being done.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:57 PM, Strigoi said:

thats part of the new updates of the game. 

the metal rod pipe bounces off jason without a stun sometimes.

so does the big wrench.

if you try to stun jason  repeatedly with the bat,wrench metal pipe it will bounce off him and not stun him.

ive noticed that the shotgun now will not stun jason sometimes when hes in rage mode.

all these things are happening because all the complaining people have done.

certain people want jason next to impossible to kill.

ive been playing friday the 13th every night for a month and im telling you no one tries to kill jason with tommy and the sweater girl.

Jason in rage mode is just too powerfull for people to try and kill Jason.

The new updated Rage mode Super Jason has really ruined the game.

it used to be fun to get a pocket knife and weapon and go find Jason and beat the crap out of him.

the developers have forced everyone to play in a harder difficulty that is no longer fun.

Why are you even still here? The shotgun is always 100% stun even in Rage mode. If you shoot Jason with it and it doesn't result in a stun, it's because you shot too early (before an animation was completed).

Edit:

it used to be fun to get a pocket knife and weapon and go find Jason and beat the crap out of him.

And this is why the Rage buff was created in the first place. You've brought this on yourselves.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Why are you even still here? The shotgun is always 100% stun even in Rage mode. If you shoot Jason with it and it doesn't result in a stun, it's because you shot too early (before an animation was completed).

Edit:

And this is why the Rage buff was created in the first place. You've brought this on yourselves.

why am i still here. am i not supposed to be here.

i pop in the forum ever so often.

On 7/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, Strigoi said:

thats part of the new updates of the game. 

the metal rod pipe bounces off jason without a stun sometimes.

so does the big wrench.

if you try to stun jason  repeatedly with the bat,wrench metal pipe it will bounce off him and not stun him.

ive noticed that the shotgun now will not stun jason sometimes when hes in rage mode.

all these things are happening because all the complaining people have done.

certain people want jason next to impossible to kill.

ive been playing friday the 13th every night for a month and im telling you no one tries to kill jason with tommy and the sweater girl.

Jason in rage mode is just too powerfull for people to try and kill Jason.

The new updated Rage mode Super Jason has really ruined the game.

the developers have forced everyone to play in a harder difficulty that is no longer fun.

Yes every weapon varies on the chances of a stun.  As the game is right now, learn how to hit Jason (angles, punishes, and situations) without expecting a stun.

As @HaHaTrumpWon says, if the gun isn't stunning on a direct hit regardless if he has rage, you shot him during moments of his inviolability (during stun, Pk recovery, kill animation, etc).  Of courses you could of also hit an random invisible object that are littered on some places of the map.

I still kill Jason on a regular basics, regardless of level and skill, most often even before Jason gets rage.  I'm sorry you're having trouble with him  (actually not really).  Maybe you should work to be a better player instead of complaining about the Jason now.

It's fun to beat around a defenseless baby Jason?  Do you rage quit the moment you realize it's a Jason you can't bully or can't survive?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

It's fun to beat around a defenseless baby Jason?  Do you rage quit the moment you realize it's a Jason you can't bully or can't survive?

$50 says he does, which kinda makes me want to scream because we both know what probably happens next: lots of lobby-surfing, Join a lobby, check player levels, leave lobby if most players are mid-high level, if not then grab weapon, find Jason, commence Pinata Party, leave game if Jason appears competent in any way, rinse and repeat, never make any effort to improve gameplay and thus have better chances against high level Jason's.

I love the part about nobody killing Jason anymore. I got 3 of them just a few hours ago, and all of them were with randoms who's only communication with me was clicking a flashlight. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I love the part about nobody killing Jason anymore. I got 3 of them just a few hours ago, and all of them were with randoms who's only communication with me was clicking a flashlight. 

Right, complaining about something that actually wasn't effected by the Rage-buff. 🤣

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Right, complaining about something that actually wasn't effected by the Rage-buff. 🤣

To be fair, there were a few days where you couldn't kill Jason, which was a lot of fun for me since I'd leave the shack untrapped and do my best to get demasked without making it obvious, just so I could watch them panic when they realized the kill isn't working and they haven't touched a single objective 😁

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

$50 says he does, which kinda makes me want to scream because we both know what probably happens next: lots of lobby-surfing, Join a lobby, check player levels, leave lobby if most players are mid-high level, if not then grab weapon, find Jason, commence Pinata Party, leave game if Jason appears competent in any way, rinse and repeat, never make any effort to improve gameplay and thus have better chances against high level Jason's.

I guarantee he did that to. Either that or if he noticed the Jason was smart he just changed his gameplan to the escape rather than fight Jason. It’s always hilarious to see counselors duck fights against good Jason’s. When the last game they were bullying a baby Jason but can’t take up a challenge next round with a good Jason

16 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I guarantee he did that to. Either that or if he noticed the Jason was smart he just changed his gameplan to the escape rather than fight Jason. It’s always hilarious to see counselors duck fights against good Jason’s. When the last game they were bullying a baby Jason but can’t take up a challenge next round with a good Jason

To be fair, I'd still would respect a player as long as they continue to play and finish a game.  I still very much enjoy fighting Jason, but I've always have a purpose behind it, whether it's demasking or stalling/distracting to help others.  Nothing wrong with changing your approach once you've sized up Jason and realize he is dangerous compared to the typical ones, but I've taken issues with bullying and insulting a weak one.  While not a perfect solution, the rage buff does penalize players thinking its a good idea to harassing Jason than getting off the map.

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

To be fair, I'd still would respect a player as long as they continue to play and finish a game.  I still very much enjoy fighting Jason, but I've always have a purpose behind it, whether it's demasking or stalling/distracting to help others.  Nothing wrong with changing your approach once you've sized up Jason and realize he is dangerous compared to the typical ones, but I've taken issues with bullying and insulting a weak one.  While not a perfect solution, the rage buff does penalize players thinking its a good idea to harassing Jason than getting off the map.

It's still just as easy to bully Jason, but because of the Rage buff it now comes with the understanding that at some point, you're going to have to have a plan that doesn't focus solely on stunning and running. No matter how good of a kite flyer you are, pushing Jason into Rage early on is going to be a bitch to survive. Eventually, you're going to run out of PK's, med spray, and locked doors to hide behind.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's still just as easy to bully Jason, but because of the Rage buff it now comes with the understanding that at some point, you're going to have to have a plan that doesn't focus solely on stunning and running. No matter how good of a kite flyer you are, pushing Jason into Rage early on is going to be a bitch to survive. Eventually, you're going to run out of PK's, med spray, and locked doors to hide behind.

Exactly.  Even with the Rage buff, if the Jason isn't good and you have a decent lobby, he'll likely struggle to eliminate even one.  Already 2 weeks back into the game, and already I'm tired of hearing about "It's Impossible to Survive, Rage-Buff is too OP!" :rolleyes:   It's still very likely to survive the night against a baby or novice Jason, but at least it isn't a Teabag Dance Pinata Party on them anymore.

27 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Exactly.  Even with the Rage buff, if the Jason isn't good and you have a decent lobby, he'll likely struggle to eliminate even one.  Already 2 weeks back into the game, and already I'm tired of hearing about "It's Impossible to Survive, Rage-Buff is too OP!" :rolleyes:   It's still very likely to survive the night against a baby or novice Jason, but at least it isn't a Teabag Dance Pinata Party on them anymore.

The only people still crying about the buff are the ones who don't care about progressing in this game in the first place. Sure, they may be lv 150 on the outside, but on the inside they're still n00bs that either never learned to improve or never cared enough to try. They saw "NO MORE STUNNING JASON IN RAGE MODE" and shit their collective pants because it's the only thing they know how to do. Talk about being a 1-trick pony....

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

They would still deserve respect for still playing and not just leaving cause it’s a good Jason definitely.... but they’re still a coward for fighting a baby Jason and picking on the young ones but can’t put up a fight against a experienced one 😁

5 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

They would still deserve respect for still playing and not just leaving cause it’s a good Jason definitely.... but they’re still a coward for fighting a baby Jason and picking on the young ones but can’t put up a fight against a experienced one 😁

Well yea, that why the Rage-Buff balances things.  Sure he can be beaten on in the first act of the game, but they'll regret it once Jason gets rage in the first 4 mins on the game and the player learns he should just slash :ajsaltbae:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Well yea, that why the Rage-Buff balances things.  Sure he can be beaten on in the first act of the game, but they'll regret it once Jason gets rage in the first 4 mins on the game and the player learns he should just slash :ajsaltbae:

Can you imagine the kind of bitch-fest we'd get if the Devs ever decided to turn the ability to kill Jason into an event like the 1.5x and 2x exp weekends? As in, permanently immortal except within a very short window of time? 

I imagine I'd be sending whiny players even more of these than I already do:

dont-be-a-salty-bitch-314065.jpg

• Like 1

To fix the game to be more balanced and fun.

The Devs need to have an option for a jason difficulty rage mode or to keep it turned off.

i cant stand it when people have the attitude that all counselors should be dead in a match.

we need to bring back stunning jason and taking away some power from jason.

or at least give counselors more power.

maybe add 2 more pocket knives and 2 more axes and machetes.

If you manage to die during the last portion of the match while Jason is in rage, it is your own fault. You either should have been long gone, or you made a mistake during a chase. And I say this as a completely shitty counselor / Jason player with a measly 280 hrs in game. You died, because you made a mistake, rage buff had nothing to do with it.

Yesterday I had a game where there were only two survivors left, me (Chad) and Vanessa. We managed to fix the car but Jason was already in rage and hot on our tails, so we could not actually get away in it. So we started chase that lasted 10 minutes. Jason was level 103. But me a and this level 12 Vanessa managed to juke him and run him around. When he finally got one of us, it was because of my mistake. We had 3 minutes left in the match. It is possible to juke and escape even with the rage buff, you just cannot play carelessly and actually have to pay attention to the damn game.

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

The Devs need to have an option for a jason difficulty rage mode or to keep it turned off.

i cant stand it when people have the attitude that all counselors should be dead in a match.

My god what is it going to take for you to realize how powerful counselors already are.... id say the game is pretty balanced now. Tonight I survived the night against a Jason 1v1. Stunned him a lot got him into rage quick. Still survived

don't get me wrong I wouldn’t mind a few changes to the rage buff. Let tommy and final girl stun Jason till 5 mins are left. Just to keep things interesting. 

No we definitely do not need more pk’s And machetes. Killing Jason is already too easy

5 hours ago, Survival said:

If you manage to die during the last portion of the match while Jason is in rage, it is your own fault. You either should have been long gone, or you made a mistake during a chase. And I say this as a completely shitty counselor / Jason player with a measly 280 hrs in game. You died, because you made a mistake, rage buff had nothing to do with it..

I agree 100%, but want to add "If an opportunity to escape opens up, take it as soon as you possibly can. Don't stand around trying to taunt and mock Jason, just run for it and escape....

....Unless you'd like to end up like this counselor who REALLY should have just left when the had the chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

criticism

7 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I cant stand it when people have the attitude that all counselors should be dead in a match.

Almost no one has that opinion.  We've been complaining that Jason fundamentally can't deal with a Chad and Vanessa Baseball team. 

Perhaps in a private lobby.  No point splitting a small community even smaller.  Jason how he is now is fine for standard play.

We've already been there and we already saw what happened.  8 PK on the map, crappy grab range, tons of weapons to pound Jason's face in.  I will say that I enjoyed that kind of game when I was new to the game and a counselor only player.  I'm sure the Jason players didn't :angry:.  As I rapidly improved and started to play Jason it became crystal clear to me where Jason lacked and I used my 10 years experience in fighting games to overcome or mask Jason's weak area, skill sets that an average player isn't going to have yet.  At that time, I took an hard-ass attitude since complaining about it then (for me) was a losers mindset, but it didn't mean I didn't have my own criticism.  After coming back to the after a 6 month break, I will say that how things are now is the correct step ,admittedly not one I would make, but I will support it.  It creates a disincentive to point-less fighting Jason, as every stun bring him closer to a true fearsome killer and shortens the time you have without dealing with that.  Combat skills, and also now just as important, Combat management, are still as always important to an escape being challenged by Jason.  

Jason is fine right now, well at least more so than I've seen him at.  Play with a lobby of the same play level, you'll likely have a decent survive to die ratio.

On 7/17/2019 at 7:16 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I imagine I'd be sending whiny players even more of these than I already do:

That image should be the official logo of the counter-troll movement.

16 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Would you mind giving us a scenario of how a typical match goes for you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Strigoi said:

See you say this, and I think Jason needs to have more power. 

Meatshielding/bodyblocking should be brought back. 

Stalk should come earlier. 

Jason should be able to pick up his mask after it's knocked off if no one picks it up or he kills whoever is carrying it.

Jason needs more HP.

Just to name a few things.

I and 2 of my friends can kill Jason every round, and are able to do so at the 4 minute mark of a match.  It should not be that easy to kill him.  Period. 

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Would you mind giving us a scenario of how atypical match goes for you?

Let me make an educated guess:

Match starts, runs into nearest cabin without bothering to lock or even close the door, starts looting but is only interested in pocket-knives and med spray (repair parts are for pussies), moves onto next cabin (if already occupied, runs to the drawers the other player hasn't gotten to yet while ignoring any complaints of being a glutton or loot-hog). When satisfied, runs off to confront Jason while completely ignoring any batteries or gas cans along the way. Locates Jason (who is in the middle of breaking down a door),  runs up from behind and stuns, tea-bags, and runs away. Waits until Jason resumes breaking down the door before repeating the stun-and-run. Follows Jason from a distance, running up to pull another stun-and-run every time Jason so much as stops to tie his shoes. Looks for new weapon but has by now attracted Jason's attention. Places bear-trap behind door with finger hovering over Options button to quickly quit should Jason Shift over the trap instead of stepping in it. Quits anyway after stepping in trap pushes Jason into Rage mode.

55 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Let me make an educated guess:

Match starts, runs into nearest cabin without bothering to lock or even close the door, starts looting but is only interested in pocket-knives and med spray (repair parts are for pussies), moves onto next cabin (if already occupied, runs to the drawers the other player hasn't gotten to yet while ignoring any complaints of being a glutton or loot-hog). When satisfied, runs off to confront Jason while completely ignoring any batteries or gas cans along the way. Locates Jason (who is in the middle of breaking down a door),  runs up from behind and stuns, tea-bags, and runs away. Waits until Jason resumes breaking down the door before repeating the stun-and-run. Follows Jason from a distance, running up to pull another stun-and-run every time Jason so much as stops to tie his shoes. Looks for new weapon but has by now attracted Jason's attention. Places bear-trap behind door with finger hovering over Options button to quickly quit should Jason Shift over the trap instead of stepping in it. Quits anyway after stepping in trap pushes Jason into Rage mode.

Interesting analysis.

• Thanks 1