Just now, undrtkr said:

Well at least both were not patched out. LOL

This is true.

Unfortunately there are some roofs in the game that trap rubber banding works for counselors and there's no method for Jason to get on them as well.  Or if there is, I haven't figured it out nor see anyone do it. 

Higgins Main House for example. 

16 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Not even a little bit accurate. Except for bear traps or in the event that you get surrounded by every counselor in the lobby spamming swing. And if that's the case then that's on the Jason.

Actually, when it is timed properly... the counselor does get the damage when Jason comes out of any animation. Completely indefensible and the way I have been demasked by the Jason hunters that did manage to kill me. Before the engine upgrade when the block actually worked without delay, once I saw someone using swift attacker, they could not get a second hit on me unless they were in a group... which has been impossible since, even when I am in control of map selection... Unless I cancel their swing with a knife and grab them, at least that is still possible, but not as nice as blocking... we do not get pocket knifed when blocking.

Yes, you can move out of the way when it is mistimed, but ONLY when it is mistimed.... as you did at 2:16... Nice foot work by the way... Even when block was quick to respond, it was impossible to get into block to avoid this when the hit comes at the moment the animation ends... which is not hard to do... I can do it more often than not and demask cocky Jason players with this method ALL the time... with A.J. Granted, she takes a few more hits to do it then Bugsy does... and I need to find a new weapon after every other hit... but it is incredibly easy to do to the best Jason players out there... Even so, I will leave killing the Jason player to others that seem to get off on that kind of thing... It is enough for me to demask cocky players that think they are the shit.

The machete hit at 1:40 was just a touch late, but still hit you... and you already took a hit from the frying pan.
   Then the bat at 2:07, and the swing that you managed to move away from was mistimed as mentioned above at 2:16.
   Another bat hit at 2:21, and yet another mistimed hit with the machete that still managed to hit you.
   Some very nice foot work by you at 2:50ish... until the machete hit at 3:07... and the demasking hit at 3:10.

But, your video does prove that you can get out of the way of a mistimed attempt if you are paying attention. It does not prove that the hit when coming out of the animation does no damage though. A great many of us all know how this works... and I have knocked Jason's mask off doing it more times than I care to count... and have had my own mask knocked off in this manner MANY times... So, if there was any kind of damage immunity when he comes out of the animation... it would be impossible to knock his mask off with this type of hit, and it is not... I see it happen EVERY night that I play.
   The only way you could actually prove that no damage is taken from this.... is to ONLY take hits coming out of an animation and NEVER be demasked. But we all know that would be impossible as a great many of us have been demasked from these types of hits... and you CANNOT be demasked when taking zero damage... unless there is a new bug or glitch that no one has mentioned yet.

Also... just a simple question... How is it "on Jason" when he is surrounded?... Is their some magical mind control power that some people have to force players not to group up when they want to?... Bear traps I get... if you are not watching where you are going, it is on you when you walk into one... But the inability to mind control people to not group up is NOT on the Jason player... He or she simply lacks this magical ability... as pretty much everybody throughout history has lacked this ability.

54 minutes ago, SirMang said:

This is true.

Unfortunately there are some roofs in the game that trap rubber banding works for counselors and there's no method for Jason to get on them as well.  Or if there is, I haven't figured it out nor see anyone do it. 

Higgins Main House for example. 

Yeah, I tried to get to a glitcher last week on that map and couldn't. Sigh, I'm REALLY hoping that they say they uploaded a wrong version of the patch otherwise I'm not impressed with the new developers.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

@Ahab, dodge left is the new meta for Jason, lol.

Great, now Jason has become that panther from the old Hanna Barbara cartoons... I don't remember his name... just the "Exit, stage left" line.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

Great, now Jason has become that panther from the old Hanna Barbara cartoons... I don't remember his name... just the "Exit, stage left" line.

Snagglepuss was his name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

"On your left...."

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Snagglepuss was his name.

Thank you... I was never a fan of those particular cartoons... but that line always stuck with me for some reason.

11 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

"On your left...."

I saw it, but only for an instant... then it was gone. But thanks for the warning.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Actually, when it is timed properly... the counselor does get the damage when Jason comes out of any animation. Completely indefensible and the way I have been demasked by the Jason hunters that did manage to kill me. Before the engine upgrade when the block actually worked without delay, once I saw someone using swift attacker, they could not get a second hit on me unless they were in a group... which has been impossible since, even when I am in control of map selection... Unless I cancel their swing with a knife and grab them, at least that is still possible, but not as nice as blocking... we do not get pocket knifed when blocking.

Yes, you can move out of the way when it is mistimed, but ONLY when it is mistimed.... as you did at 2:16... Nice foot work by the way... Even when block was quick to respond, it was impossible to get into block to avoid this when the hit comes at the moment the animation ends... which is not hard to do... I can do it more often than not and demask cocky Jason players with this method ALL the time... with A.J. Granted, she takes a few more hits to do it then Bugsy does... and I need to find a new weapon after every other hit... but it is incredibly easy to do to the best Jason players out there... Even so, I will leave killing the Jason player to others that seem to get off on that kind of thing... It is enough for me to demask cocky players that think they are the shit.

The machete hit at 1:40 was just a touch late, but still hit you... and you already took a hit from the frying pan.
   Then the bat at 2:07, and the swing that you managed to move away from was mistimed as mentioned above at 2:16.
   Another bat hit at 2:21, and yet another mistimed hit with the machete that still managed to hit you.
   Some very nice foot work by you at 2:50ish... until the machete hit at 3:07... and the demasking hit at 3:10.

But, your video does prove that you can get out of the way of a mistimed attempt if you are paying attention. It does not prove that the hit when coming out of the animation does no damage though. A great many of us all know how this works... and I have knocked Jason's mask off doing it more times than I care to count... and have had my own mask knocked off in this manner MANY times... So, if there was any kind of damage immunity when he comes out of the animation... it would be impossible to knock his mask off with this type of hit, and it is not... I see it happen EVERY night that I play.
   The only way you could actually prove that no damage is taken from this.... is to ONLY take hits coming out of an animation and NEVER be demasked. But we all know that would be impossible as a great many of us have been demasked from these types of hits... and you CANNOT be demasked when taking zero damage... unless there is a new bug or glitch that no one has mentioned yet.

Also... just a simple question... How is it "on Jason" when he is surrounded?... Is their some magical mind control power that some people have to force players not to group up when they want to?... Bear traps I get... if you are not watching where you are going, it is on you when you walk into one... But the inability to mind control people to not group up is NOT on the Jason player... He or she simply lacks this magical ability... as pretty much everybody throughout history has lacked this ability.

I call bullshit and that clip proves it. PS I wasn't trying to dodge anything but the machete hits. Before you can be hit on wake up someone needs to knock you on your ass. The only thing I was going for was to prove that Jason has damage immunity on wake up until he can dodge an attack.

Considering that it took Buggzy 2 heavy hits at the end of the clip (3:07 and 3:10) to demask me I think it's safe to say that none of his wake up hits did any damage at all. So yes it actually does prove that there's plenty of time to get out of the way. Remember one heavy hit from a machete from Buggzy (10 strength) does 75 damage. So there's no way any of his hits connected until the end. 

Like I said if you watch in slow motion you can clearly see that I can move before the knife indicator flashes. And I've done enough testing to know that Jason can't take any damage before then. 

I'm sure you've demasked Jason's "on wake up" before. I know I have. But that's simply because the Jason didn't know better. 

To answer your question Jason can shift away on wake up too. If he's dumb enough to stand there and take it that's on him.

"No more glitching to the roof!"  <---- I'll believe that shit when I see it.

It would be nice to see that generous HP boost for Jason so he can stop getting demasked in 2-3 hits.

11 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

"No more glitching to the roof!"  <---- I'll believe that shit when I see it.

Don't look up!  Not seeing is believing.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

--sitting here trying to figure out what they patched....

LITERALLY nothing. People still on roofs after this patch and glitched everywhere. This game is a mess. They can't handle their own game. 

1 minute ago, Xenofon1313 said:

LITERALLY nothing. People still on roofs after this patch and glitched everywhere. This game is a mess. They can't handle their own game. 

Hope they at least fixed the Jarvis porch glitch

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Hope they at least fixed the Jarvis porch glitch

Nahh...makes no difference if they fixed this. There is too many unfixed glitches and bugs.

4 minutes ago, Xenofon1313 said:

Nahh...makes no difference if they fixed this. There is too many unfixed glitches and bugs.

Yeah but one good fix would be a start

Has Jason been improved at all this patch?  Or is he still getting knocked to the ground by chicks with one swing of a bat? 

43 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I call bullshit and that clip proves it. PS I wasn't trying to dodge anything but the machete hits. Before you can be hit on wake up someone needs to knock you on your ass. The only thing I was going for was to prove that Jason has damage immunity on wake up until he can dodge an attack.

And, I call bullshit... as I said in the previous post, the ONLY way you can prove that is to keep on doing it over and over again and NEVER losing your mask on that type of hit, which you did not do.... and you can't... A great many of us HAVE BEEN DEMASKED with this method... which would be IMPOSSIBLE if there was damage immunity at that point.
   I have demasked Jason with Bugsy using a machete with less hits than you took... and with more hits than it took for you. Your video DOES NOT prove what you claim based on that point either.

I also never said you were trying to dodge anything other than the machete strikes.... and I even complimented you on it.... And no shit he needs to be knocked down first, I am not new here. This attack is indefensible after EVERY animation, not just a stun, we have had this discussion before.
   I know exactly what you were trying to do... but you failed miserably... which does bring into question EVERYTHING else you have tested that we cannot plainly see for ourselves. As I said, for your video to prove this does no damage, you have to keep doing for far more strikes than you did... ONLY using those strikes... and NOT demasking him with them... Which you cannot do.... as MANY of us have been demasked with this type of hit a great many times.... It cannot work both ways, it either does damage or it does not.... and it takes damage for the mask to fall off. 

54 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Considering that it took Buggzy 2 heavy hits at the end of the clip (3:07 and 3:10) to demask me I think it's safe to say that none of his wake up hits did any damage at all. So yes it actually does prove that there's plenty of time to get out of the way. Remember one heavy hit from a machete from Buggzy (10 strength) does 75 damage. So there's no way any of his hits connected until the end. 

I am not blind... and I have taken more hits than that with Bugsy to demask a Jason when not using certain perks... Try making a video with thirty hits from Bugsy in combat stance as Jason comes out of an animation and then I will believe you. As I said... your video does not prove your claim. And to someone who has been demasked MANY times using this method... and has demasked MANY Jasons using this method... unless there has been a change made that was not in any patch notes ever... you will never be able to prove it simply because you are wrong... Which we can all plainly see in our own matches when we are demasked in this way... which CANNOT  be done if it does zero damage... so what you think is safe to say is pretty backwards in this instance.

59 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Like I said if you watch in slow motion you can clearly see that I can move before the knife indicator flashes. And I've done enough testing to know that Jason can't take any damage before then. 

Apparently you have not... because you CAN be demasked with this method... no amount of testing will disprove this when you can be demasked with this method... That would be a contradiction as it cannot work both ways.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm sure you've demasked Jason's "on wake up" before. I know I have. But that's simply because the Jason didn't know better. 

Thank you for proving my point... If you know you have demasked Jason on "wake up" before, then you know you testing does not prove it cannot be done.... Now you are contradicting yourself and your own test that you claim proves your point... As I said several times now, it CANNOT work both ways. Jason 'did not know better' does not make his mask fall off, it takes damage to do that... With this statement alone you proved your own test is bunk... it is too bad you cannot see this. You claim there is damage immunity with this... and then you claim you can demask him with this... Which is it? It CANNOT be both.... Oh wait, I already know which one it is... I have seen it in my own games from both sides of play innumerable times. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

To answer your question Jason can shift away on wake up too. If he's dumb enough to stand there and take it that's on him.

Being you are wrong and admitted it with your statement that you have demasked him with this method... saying this is on Jason really makes you sound like a troll here.

@Ahab I was going to enter rage eventually. I can dodge the heavy machetes until I enter rage from the bat stuns and still never get demasked. Just stop with the indefensible hits bullshit. I have clearly shown you proof. I can send you hours worth of wake up hits NOT demasking me if you'd like. 

"On wake up" meant when a Jason is stupid enough to stand there and take the hit when all he had to do was step out of the way. Jason is already "awake" (he can move) before he can take damage. I had to take the two hits at the end of the clip to prove that none of the previous hits did any damage. I'm not sure why you can't understand that. 

Also heavy machete hits from a 10 strength counselor do 75 damage every single time when they're not stunning hits. That's without extra perks. Base defense Jasons (pt 3) have 100 hp. That's why it took 2 hits at the end of the clip to demask me. NONE OF THE WAKE UP HITS DID DAMAGE. None. Twist it all you want. You're wrong. 

24 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Has Jason been improved at all this patch?  Or is he still getting knocked to the ground by chicks with one swing of a bat? 

Really? He is invincible in rage mode unless you have a shotgun, bear trap, de mask stun, or a PK. Quit crying about getting stunned or improve your skills.... Jason can only be stunned with melee attacks the first half of the game. Do you seriously think Jason should be invincible all 20 minutes of the game? That’d be stupid and boring..... learn to block

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Really? He is invincible in rage mode unless you have a shotgun, bear trap, de mask stun, or a PK. Quit crying about getting stunned or improve your skills.... Jason can only be stunned with melee attacks the first half of the game. 

He's hardly invincible in rage. Just immune to stuns.  It's actually easier to demask him in rage BECAUSE the hits don't stun. Non stunning hits do more damage than hits that stun. From any weapon.  So it's actually easier to kill him post rage even though there's no stuns to slow him down.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

He's hardly invincible in rage. Just immune to stuns.  It's actually easier to demask him in rage BECAUSE the hits don't stun. Non stunning hits do more damage than hits that stun. From any weapon.  So it's actually easier to kill him post rage even though there's no stuns to slow him down.

I’m talking about invincibility from stuns from melee attacks and aside from the things I listed. Nice try trying to correct me though.. I’m talking about STUNS not killing jason 

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’m talking about invincibility from stuns from melee attacks and aside from the things I listed. Nice try trying to correct me though.. I’m talking about STUNS not killing jason 

It's still not that bad, just more Scooby Doo-ish. Hits still replenish your stamina, a bat is still longer than most grabs, you're still faster than Jason, other counselors can still free you, and the door game (and delay, built in to the rage animation) has way more value now. Its different, a little tougher, but IT SHOULD BE, because seven of you are facing one Jason.

5 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Stun immunity is completely different than invincibility

14 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It's also easier for him to butcher the fuck out of you post-Rage. If your mask is off and you're enraged, you can literally just slash the whole lobby to death..... provided no one has the sweater, or else your killing spree is probably about to come to an abrupt end.