Sign in to follow this  
BangaJason

Awesome fix to save the game!

To be honest really the reason people left the game is because of the game genre. A lot led people love the franchise but it’s hard to find People who love the films and love a game like this. It’s a very short numbered crowd. Including That the game is like no other and nowadays many don’t like leaving their comfort zones and therefore don’t like having to try new things like this.Especially when you add these other games like fortnite where these players are all ready “Good” and they come into this game with a very strange type of play to it and these players get tired of losing and go back to their other games where they can feel good about themselves. 

34 minutes ago, BangaJason said:

I dont think so, because they are probably what kept players playing games like Dead by Daylight (which is vastly inferior to F13 when it comes to a good time) and the new Last Year game

But to me It just doesn’t make sense to bring back counselors from the dead. They are supposed to be dead. If they don’t remain in that state then that would turn Jason into someone who isn’t the killer he is supposed to be in the game. 

26 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

But to me It just doesn’t make sense to bring back counselors from the dead. They are supposed to be dead. If they don’t remain in that state then that would turn Jason into someone who isn’t the killer he is supposed to be in the game. 

I understand your concern but I feel there has to be something done to keep people playing the game, it's a game not the movies, I've thought about the idea that Jason could carry the bodies and hang them or nail them to doors like how he does in the movies after they are killed and this could make it harder for counselors to respawn or be rescued, like if Jason nail a dead body to the door or hangs them after he has killed them, the counselor cant respawn and has to be rescued and the rescuing counselor has to complete one of those difficult mini-games like when they are fixing the car's battery, just a thought

I don’t like these ideas one bit. People that whine about having to wait until the next match can go find another lobby. They should NOT be catered to. It sucks to die at the beginning of the match but we have all been there and soldiered on so it is difficult to feel sorry for those that don’t have the patience. Besides, if you die early you can still learn a lot about strategy by being forced to spectate the remaining players. If you don’t then you likely won’t live any longer the next time you’re up against Jason... no matter how many times you are allowed to respawn.  

Every game has a life cycle. F13 isn’t “dead” but it has certainly passed its peak popularity. Nothing less than new content would bring up the player base at this point and radically altering the rulebook would only serve to alienate the majority of the dedicated, hardcore player base that it still has.

7 hours ago, BangaJason said:

I understand your concern but I feel there has to be something done to keep people playing the game, it's a game not the movies, I've thought about the idea that Jason could carry the bodies and hang them or nail them to doors like how he does in the movies after they are killed and this could make it harder for counselors to respawn or be rescued, like if Jason nail a dead body to the door or hangs them after he has killed them, the counselor cant respawn and has to be rescued and the rescuing counselor has to complete one of those difficult mini-games like when they are fixing the car's battery, just a thought

We already have a dead by daylight game where the killer doesn’t kill. The killer kills in Friday the 13th and I love that about this game you’re forced to escape, survive, or kill Jason. You can get lucky some matches and get a Pk or two. Pk’s are the get out of jail for free cards. In a way this would exactly be like get out of jail for free cards. This would almost be like extra pocket knives in a way. 

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

We already have a dead by daylight game where the killer doesn’t kill. The killer kills in Friday the 13th and I love that about this game you’re forced to escape, survive, or kill Jason. You can get lucky some matches and get a Pk or two. Pk’s are the get out of jail for free cards. In a way this would exactly be like get out of jail for free cards. This would almost be like extra pocket knives in a way. 

No you are miss understanding what I'm saying, if Jason kills you, yes you are dead; for the moment...but you can be 'rescued/revived' by other counselors, but I was saying that if Jason hangs you or nail you to the door etc like how he does in the movies, the 'rescue/revive' mini game for the counselor that's bringing you back into the game would be much more difficult, think Vanessa trying to repair the battery...if Jason just kills you and leaves your body there, well, you can be revived by another counselor much easier; think Tommy repairing the battery.

9 minutes ago, BangaJason said:

No you are miss understanding what I'm saying, if Jason kills you, yes you are dead; for the moment...but you can be 'rescued/revived' by other counselors, but I was saying that if Jason hangs you or nail you to the door etc like how he does in the movies, the 'rescue/revive' mini game for the counselor that's bringing you back into the game would be much more difficult, think Vanessa trying to repair the battery...if Jason just kills you and leaves your body there, well, you can be revived by another counselor much easier; think Tommy repairing the battery.

I know exactly what you mean. But the problem with this is Jason already has to protect the phone, car, boat, tommy house power box, and his moms sweater. Jason also having to worry about people bringing other counselors from the dead is way too much for Jason to deal with. 

While I appreciate the enthusiasm of the newer members in the thread and the OP, I don’t think there’s anyway to make this work in this game. 

It’s definitely an interesting mechanic and I’m happy Last Year introduced it to the asymmetrical horror genre. Versions of it have come up before, I’ll see if I can find one of the threads and post a link in a bit.

Here’s one but not the one I was thinking of, I’ll keep looking...

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14445-tripping-falling-and-crawling-when-scared-or-very-injured/?tab=comments#comment-200095

On 4/29/2019 at 9:57 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This game doesn't need rescue or re-spawns. This is Friday the 13th, not Modern Warfare 2. If Jason kills you, you are dead (unless you're TJ), try again next round.

Agreed, I think this is just an impatient kid that dies every round because he don't know how to swing at Jason :v

I think it would help if you could still get your xp if you get killed early rather than waiting up to 19 minutes for the next game to start. Doesn't help when the Jason player decides to mess around and not kill the last player for ages. 

How about letting players choose the length of the game maybe a 10 or 15 minute option? 

Would also be good if the lobbies weren't so slow, always one or two players who don't hit start, so you wait around 3 minutes to play most times. 

Also the xp system takes ages to level up. I've been playing a lot since last October, sometimes the xp seems to be doubled on occasions but not recently?