glowing ooze

jason.. it's not you, it's me.

i think we can all agree that killing jason isnt as hard as it should be. its also safe to say removing jason's beloved mask is also too easy. of course thats up for debate as alot of jason champions use defense to their full advantage. im a huge fan of the recent jason buff and i think its great, but what if jason isnt the entire problem?

im talking about.. the sweater lady. what if being the sweater lady is too easy ? what i am proposing is 100% fear for the sweater lady that never goes away. no mini map, inventory non visible, tunnle vision, stumble chance increased, more likely to appear during jason sense, and you wont recover from fear effects even if the sweater is lost. the ladies wouldnt be able to just pick up the sweater no big deal anymore, it would come with a price. everybody's got a price.

the point being, if you go into a killer's shack & steal his personal belongings, youre going to be shitting your pants with fear. the smell of that thing alone would strike fear into anybody.

this doesnt help jason when he's ganged up on, but thats jason's problem. you have to learn how to fight if you dont want to be killed as jason all the time. ya win some, ya lose some, but its all on you when it comes to strait up bone crushing jason combat. be smart in a battle. use mother's teachings wisely. pick your spots, save your knives, keep a trap on hand. use combat stance to move around quicker & block. whatever it takes to make them pay!

what do you think? would this be a pointless change? or would this give jason enough of an advantage to hack the sweater lady up while poop runs down her leg? has this been talked about before and im clueless?? let me know your opinions.

• Like 1

Pointless change.

Most of the time, at least the smart players, aren't going in to the shack to get the sweater until the mask is off and Tommy is on the scene.  

If they have the mask they go in alone and come right out to Tommy and then the two just merrily jog to the destination.

If the mask is on, both just go in in an attempt to also lure Jason to his death.

You have eyes and ears from a fellow player, at all times, if you're killing Jason properly.  So full fear, no inventory, would make no difference as the only thing sweater girl has to do 99 times out of 100 is use the sweater. 

I think a better alternative would be making it much easier to tap out of the sweater stun instead of the progress bar resetting once you get knocked to your knees

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I think a better alternative would be making it much easier to tap out of the sweater stun instead of the progress bar resetting once you get knocked to your knees

We are both in agreement on this from Jason's end. 

Just now, SirMang said:

We are both in agreement on this from Jason's end. 

I'm sure some of the counselors won't like it but killing Jason isn't supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a rare enough event that you have one very short window of opportunity to pull off. I've seen Tommy kneel Jason repeatedly several times before finally hitting X.

I feel like this change would be pointless. It wouldn’t really make the kill more difficult at all. All they need to do is give 3 or 4 times the hit points he currently has. And an option to re mask himself with very low hp if someone hasn’t already picked up his mask. And bring in quick block as that’d make it a bit easier combatting groups. I also like the idea @HaHaTrumpWon has

• Like 1

I had an interesting encounter earlier where I was accused of being trash for guarding the shack door. I was wondering what you all thought about that, is it the same as hiding in the lake? They were solely focused on the kill and didn’t even attempt objectives till I refused them entry to Mothers shrine. 

In the circumstances, I thought it was a sound strategy, they weren’t trying to escape and I wasn’t just going to let them take it. They were quite rude about the whole thing and claim it’s on YouTube now, lol. 

What do you think is it an exploit to stand in the door and refuse to let them have the sweater? 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Pointless change.

yeaah i think youre right. maybe just the idea of the sweater infecting you with a crazy endless fear is what appealed to me. i also agree with @HaHaTrumpWon about the resist bar.

30 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I had an interesting encounter earlier where I was accused of being trash for guarding the shack door. I was wondering what you all thought about that, is it the same as hiding in the lake? They were solely focused on the kill and didn’t even attempt objectives till I refused them entry to Mothers shrine. 

In the circumstances, I thought it was a sound strategy, they weren’t trying to escape and I wasn’t just going to let them take it. They were quite rude about the whole thing and claim it’s on YouTube now, lol. 

What do you think is it an exploit to stand in the door and refuse to let them have the sweater? 

Hell no it is not an exploit you’re simply just guarding your mothers sweater. It’s their fault for not beating you there. Once SG beat me to the sweater and I caught her in there and body blocked the door so she couldn’t leave. Then I Held block let her hit me till weapon broke then threw knives got her limping and slashed her to death. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

its not at all the same as hiding in the lake. their rude behavior is more trashy haha

• Like 1

@glowing ooze

interesting idea! I can tell you put a lot of thought into this and that’s awesome!

I definitely agree with you about the Kill and demasking Jason is way to easy!

I don’t know if adding more or constant Fear to the sweater girl would make it any Harder to accomplish killing Big J, but I wouldn’t be opposed to giving it a try!

I do feel some changes need to be made especially in these areas and I agree with @HaHaTrumpWon that the stun meter needs readjusted.

also @DontZzz34 is 100% correct having a quick block out side of combat stance would help with group combat and adding the ability to put Jason’s  mask back on after killing the person that picked it up or if it hasn’t been picked up yet to restore maybe 50% of his health points would make the kill sequence more challenging!

@Slasher_Clone this is definitely not an exploit Jason is a big guy if he doesn’t want you getting by him that should definitely be ok!  

Also they seemed like very entitled players calling you trash, Just being by the shack doesn’t mean you are automatically guaranteed getting the sweater!

Absolutely Nothing about the kill sequence should be easy or a guaranteed thing.

• Like 2

@glowing ooze, I’d like to give your max fear idea a try but they’re not exactly the best pubs for doing experiments like this with. I wish our PC players had a public test server to try ideas on, this is like Hudawg’s idea about sweater kit points, it could be good but might just make it frustrating.

I think there should be a skill check based upon composure for acquiring the sweater. If you watch Part 2, Ginny didn’t simply put the sweater on, she knelt down and fixed her hair to look more like mother.  That takes longer to do than a quick in/out. Anyways, composure should play more of a role in impersonating her. Not every female counselor should be equally able to pull it off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Blocking the shack is a legit tactic. If you ever find the Youtube link for this match, I'd like to see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Blocking the shack is a legit tactic. If you ever find the Youtube link for this match, I'd like to see it.

People will accuse you for being trash no matter what you do. I won a round by defending the shack just this morning. Placed two traps in front of the door and waited just inside. Tommy tanked a trap and I began slashing. Another player shot me and sweater girl got in to grab it and Tommy got inside and used his spray. From that point I just guarded the door to keep them from coming out. Waited to the left side of the door and managed to nail Tommy a couple more times until he limped (was Part 3 so it didn’t take much). Sweater girl came out to try to protect him but none of their attempts to knock my mask off connected. Tommy fell soon after and sweater girl immediately after that. Even though I suspect that they were only medium level players it was a very fulfilling match (although I let a Chad escape by himself in a car).

But yes, defending the shack is definitely a legit tactic. I wonder if these same people bitch about goalies in soccer or hockey games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not an exploit at all. Once their intentions are clear that they're all about the kill, anything that prevents that (other than going into the lake, of course) is fair game. They can still fight you and win if they're good enough. You're just picking the battlefield and not them.

One thing I think might make it harder to kill Jason is to allow him to use traps indoors, and not just outdoors. Then you can trap the interior room to the shack as well as the entrance and make them use up knives or sprays to get to the sweater. It'd also change the dynamic inside of cabins. Traps could be easily spotted and avoided there, but there are certainly bottlenecks and windows in smaller cabins where Jason can do some significant damage.

• Like 1

I feel like having the ability to put the mask back on would level the playing field a little for kill squad-weary Jasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I feel like this change would be pointless. It wouldn’t really make the kill more difficult at all. All they need to do is give 3 or 4 times the hit points he currently has. And an option to re mask himself with very low hp if someone hasn’t already picked up his mask. And bring in quick block as that’d make it a bit easier combatting groups. I also like the idea @HaHaTrumpWon has

I have been preaching for the mapping of block out of combat stance for a while. Its too clunky and inefficient when fighting 3 or 4 people. The transitions in animations from block to swinging are slow. Then taking yourself out and moving doesn't feel fluid.

I am very much on board with doubling his HP, and could go up to 3 times. Killing part 9 is ridiculously easy. 

For the OP, I like where you are going, but doesnt do it for me. One of my reasons is if she has the sweater, she has a power over him. That being said she should almost have a bit of resistance to fear while wearing it. With that being said, I also am against Jason tapping out of sweater stun quicker. There are other ways to prevent this from happening, I think this is too sensitive of a change. 

Obviously with the state of the game, no one wants that. 

12 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

People will accuse you for being trash no matter what you do. I won a round by defending the shack just this morning. Placed two traps in front of the door and waited just inside. Tommy tanked a trap and I began slashing. Another player shot me and sweater girl got in to grab it and Tommy got inside and used his spray. From that point I just guarded the door to keep them from coming out. Waited to the left side of the door and managed to nail Tommy a couple more times until he limped (was Part 3 so it didn’t take much). Sweater girl came out to try to protect him but none of their attempts to knock my mask off connected. Tommy fell soon after and sweater girl immediately after that. Even though I suspect that they were only medium level players it was a very fulfilling match (although I let a Chad escape by himself in a car).

But yes, defending the shack is definitely a legit tactic. I wonder if these same people bitch about goalies in soccer or hockey games. 

You're right about people complaining regardless. As far as sports, they probably do complain about the goalies as well. Some people just live to complain.

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You're right about people complaining regardless. As far as sports, they probably do complain about the goalies as well. Some people just live to complain.

Check his pad size! he looks wayyyyy toooo bigggg!!! 😭...

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Check his pad size! he looks wayyyyy toooo bigggg!!! 😭...

You wrote it after I thought it. That is a good example.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

😂 people are funny..

Some more than others.

I think if counselors go for the kill and don't succeed the clock should stop and their only options to win is repair a car or call the police. Jason should have his time to get his revenge instead of counselors winning because time ran out. 

once your mask is off you have to change your strategy which means you have to stalk and kill this is time consuming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I think if counselors go for the kill and don't succeed the clock should stop and their only options to win is repair a car or call the police. Jason should have his time to get his revenge instead of counselors winning because time ran out. 

once your mask is off you have to change your strategy which means you have to stalk and kill this is time consuming.

Stopping the clock would mean a match could be dragged on forever if someone wanted to lead Jason on a wild goose chase.