6 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

We don't have an ETA at this time. The team has made some adjustments in the backend restoring player connectivity, but the ranks and items are going to take some more time to diagnose and repair than the connection. 

In the meantime, no further damage can be done by logging in. So while it is unfortunate that your rank is not accurate, you can still join and play without fear of damaging the save further.

For this reason, we've opted to leave the double event live indefinitely. The event will eventually end, but for now we felt it would be best left on. We'll be giving players at least 24 hours notice before ending the event, when we eventually do decide to revert back to standard XP, CP, and Tapes.

Ok thank you for the quick reply

• Like 1

Play a few games and check your tapes again... mine came back... also went up to lvl 101, but my 150 never returned. Apparently only accounts playing when the servers took a hit Sunday night were affected. Hopefully there’s a solution soon. 

For those that don't want to wait for the devs to fix this, I know a quick easy way to level up against the bots. I jumped up 6 levels in 2 matches. I got 25,000 xp on my last match.

Pm me if you're interested...

😎

9 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We don't have an ETA at this time. The team has made some adjustments in the backend restoring player connectivity, but the ranks and items are going to take some more time to diagnose and repair than the connection. 

In the meantime, no further damage can be done by logging in. So while it is unfortunate that your rank is not accurate, you can still join and play without fear of damaging the save further.

For this reason, we've opted to leave the double event live indefinitely. The event will eventually end, but for now we felt it would be best left on. We'll be giving players at least 24 hours notice before ending the event, when we eventually do decide to revert back to standard XP, CP, and Tapes.

Nice decision to leave the event running until further notice. This is a step in the right direction, and a great way to appease the player base in the meantime.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

For those that don't want to wait for the devs to fix this, I know a quick easy way to level up against the bots. I jumped up 6 levels in 2 matches. I got 25,000 xp on my last match.

Pm me if you're interested...

😎

Yeah. But will the level ups stay once they fix it and you get your old level back??

22 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Ok, but can you confirm me the overall stats are normal and still counting? My biggest concern is with the "Final Chapter trophy", I think I'm close and will be very unfortunate if this was reset too.

6 minutes ago, AJViolet said:

Ok, but can you confirm me the overall stats are normal and still counting? My biggest concern is with the "Final Chapter trophy", I think I'm close and will be very unfortunate if this was reset too.

We don't have those exact details just yet, but will update the community when we do.

i was a victom of this recently. it lasted about a week but as of today im back to 150.

before my level was restored, i had been leveling up from 101 to 121 as i continued to play. all the stats that increased during this time have also carried over. these are the xbox achievement stats (kill count, time played ect). also the cp i earned during this time has carried over too. i hope this goes the same for the rest of you soon and this might offer you some answers.

4 hours ago, AJViolet said:

if it makes you feel any better, ive suffered the same fate BUT none of my trophies were lost. hopefuly the same will go for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

if it makes you feel any better, ive suffered the same fate BUT none of my trophies were lost. hopefuly the same will go for you.

Yes, my trophies are still there. But I'm missing only one (and the platinum obviously), I'm afraid this database failure may affect my overall matches as Jason, I'm pretty sure I'm very close to 1000 matches.

9 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yeah. But will the level ups stay once they fix it and you get your old level back??

You're assuming they can get your old level back? 

20 hours ago, AJViolet said:

Yes, my trophies are still there. But I'm missing only one (and the platinum obviously), I'm afraid this database failure may affect my overall matches as Jason, I'm pretty sure I'm very close to 1000 matches.

i see what you mean now. i wish you good fortune with your 1000 jason match data. it would be a crime against jason if such data was not registering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Goddamn...... Has there been an update on this??

Not that I know of. Think they said awhile ago that they quit keeping track of overall stats because it was slowing the servers down. Idk how the hell they'd be able to keep track of what level everyone is supposed to be. I'm guessing that might be why double XP has been extended until further notice.

I was only dropped to level 101 so it's not that big of a deal to me. I'm back up to 108 now after maybe a couple hours of killing bots and after I get my weapon swap back I really don't care about the rest. 

14 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Not that I know of. Think they said awhile ago that they quit keeping track of overall stats because it was slowing the servers down. Idk how the hell they'd be able to keep track of what level everyone is supposed to be. I'm guessing that might be why double XP has been extended until further notice.

I was only dropped to level 101 so it's not that big of a deal to me. I'm back up to 108 now after maybe a couple hours of killing bots and after I get my weapon swap back I really don't care about the rest. 

Yeah. I see they haven’t responded with an update in days. My son and I are going to be pretty pissed if we don’t get our progress back. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yeah. I see they haven’t responded with an update in days. My son and I are going to be pretty pissed if we don’t get our progress back. 

How many levels did you lose?

7 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Where is our update on this?

They'll give us one when they have something to report. Waiting is the only thing one can do in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

They'll give us one when they have something to report. Waiting is the only thing one can do in the meantime.

My question is, should we even bother playing and leveling up? Will our new levels be combined into our old levels once they fix it? Or is it pointless to even play now?

20 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

My question is, should we even bother playing and leveling up? Will our new levels be combined into our old levels once they fix it? Or is it pointless to even play now?

I'm going to be honest and say I believe you might as well go ahead and level up because I don't think they can fix it.  If it was something that could easily be done then they would have already done it.

But if their fix is to somehow go back to a previous save point (say the day before the trouble) and reset everything from there (assuming they could even do that) then I'd say your level would revert to what you had before. But like I said I think if it was that easy they would have done it by now. Either way it goes probably isn't going to be pretty. 

Also worth noting is not everyone is experiencing a problem. Seems to depend on whether or not you were online at the time of the server problem. Which tells me it did some kind of data override to the lower level when it saved. Therefore probably permanent.

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I don't know about the progress being merged. We can play, but no one really knows what the outcome will be of their fix. The bright side is double XP is in play to help those play catch up.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm going to be honest and say I believe you might as well go ahead and level up because I don't think they can fix it.  If it was something that could easily be done then they would have already done it.

But if their fix is to somehow go back to a previous save point (say the day before the trouble) and reset everything from there (assuming they could even do that) then I'd say your level would revert to what you had before. But like I said I think if it was that easy they would have done it by now. Either way it goes probably isn't going to be pretty. 

Also worth noting is not everyone is experiencing a problem. Seems to depend on whether or not you were online at the time of the server problem. Which tells me it did some kind of data override to the lower level when it saved. Therefore probably permanent.

I'm normally a betting gentleman, but I don't know whether to bet for or against your stance. On the one hand, I'd like to give the developers the benefit of the doubt that this can be fixed. On the other hand, the more time that goes by, the less likely a fix may be found. I truly feel for all those who are currently experiencing this nightmare of an issue. With all that has happened with this game, something like this really doesn't help one bit.

17 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I don't know about the progress being merged. We can play, but no one really knows what the outcome will be of their fix. The bright side is double XP is in play to help those play catch up.

I'm normally a betting gentleman, but I don't know whether to bet for or against your stance. On the one hand, I'd like to give the developers the benefit of the doubt that this can be fixed. On the other hand, the more time that goes by, the less likely a fix may be found. I truly feel for all those who are currently experiencing this nightmare of an issue. With all that has happened with this game, something like this really doesn't help one bit.

It's unfortunate but doesn't change anything for me. I'm almost back up to 113 for my weapon swap and after I get that back I don't care about what level I am. The ones that are really suffering are the ones that lost it all. But as unfortunate as it sounds I really don't know that there'll be a way to make it right for them.

I agree that this is horrible timing for something like this to happen. Especially considering the other glitches they're currently dealing with. I get that they have limited personnel but I seriously can't understand why the issues with the bear traps haven't been made top priority and patched out already. Seems like one quick hot fix would go a long way towards fixing the game and calming the player base.