Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Gunslinger

Perk balances (Maybe?)

Recommended Posts

So hello. I rolled an Legendary Evasion perk. %20 faster Dodge but %10 more damage taken really makes it useless for me. I got an Epic Thick Skinned too but I think we really need some balance changes to perks too. I think majority of the players will choose Thick Skinned , Medic. The third perk depends on the playstyle of the player. There was a thread which was mentioning character traits (Adam would start the car faster etc.) but that is now considered as new content so I'm thinking 4th perk slot. The 4th perk slot is not necessary if there will be balance changes or when certain character stats are reworked. Currently, luck is above all. Start the car faster, more stuns, weapon duration etc. these are all Luck stat bonuses. There are other characters which would get an edge to make them a really good choice for their specific role. Maybe stat redistributions too. I would give Buggzy more Composure because the guy is strong. But currently the Strength stat has only one purpose which is unnecessary after Jason's mask is gone. I will gladly wait responses and ideas from other members. I just made my suggestions for balance over here so don't get mad at me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick response. I am not just trying to make my new perk stronger. I don't want people to misunderstand me. There is a huge need of balance right now IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with adding a fourth perk slot, is that for some people, it won't be enough. They'll want a fifth perk, a sixth perk, and so on. We have three perks for a reason, and there's no reason to change that. We're destined to get a perk rework at some point. I'm still looking forward to what comes from that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each player has a chance to be Jarvis so, it would be nice to add a 4th slot for the Ranger perk that's exclusively for Jarvis  I think each counselor should have that perk automatically equipped then have your normal 3 perks. The 4th one only comes into play when your Jarvis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, The Gunslinger said:

The 4th perk slot is not necessary if there will be balance changes or when certain character stats are reworked.

   Counselors are currently escaping in droves... VERY skilled Jason players are getting more low kill counts now than they were before the last patch... and it is easier than ever to kill Jason.... Exactly how does this constitute the need for a buff to counselors in ANY way?
   There is already a perk rework coming... but whatever they are doing with it has more than likely already been decided on and they are in the process of doing it already... it has been quite some time now since this was announced. At this point, all we can do is wait and see what they do with it when it finally drops... and hope that balance is not thrown to the wind.

22 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Each player has a chance to be Jarvis so, it would be nice to add a 4th slot for the Ranger perk that's exclusively for Jarvis  I think each counselor should have that perk automatically equipped then have your normal 3 perks. The 4th one only comes into play when your Jarvis. 

   Tommy is already way past every other counselor as he has 10 in every stat. Tommy needs no buffs and neither do any other counselors.
   Now, if absolutely no one was escaping... or at least less than would be considered acceptable... which I believe is somewhere around an "average" kill count of 5 of 8 for Jason... or if the Jason kill could not be managed by the best players out there over the course of 100 consecutive tries... then yes... I would agree that the counselors would need a buff... But being this is far from what the game currently is.... so... NO, they do not need a buff of ANY kind.
   All of your perks already carry over to Tommy when you are selected... giving EVERY Tommy player out there the potent ranger perk is WAY too big a buff on Tommy and would go a LONG way towards making the Jason kill WAY easier than it already is... this is the opposite of the balance that the devs are trying to achieve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ahab I've seen you mention in multiple threads that counselors escapes have increased since this last patch.... is this anecdotal or is there some database i'm unaware of which actually keeps track of such data? Just curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

@Ahab I've seen you mention in multiple threads that counselors escapes have increased since this last patch.... is this anecdotal or is there some database i'm unaware of which actually keeps track of such data? Just curious. 

A lot of us have put hundreds and some thousands of hours into this game and have been playing for a long time. You pick up on these things when playing over time. The game play has shifted from run around do nothing and fight Jason, to get shit done and get out. Well for smart players anyways. This in turn has made it harder on Jason to stop escapes as multiple are being hit at the same time. Makes for a hella fun game experience vs the old pinata version we had just a little while back. You still may run into some lobbies where people try to play the old way at the beginning but they all usually die pretty quick(queue the whiners that hate the new patch).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

@Ahab I've seen you mention in multiple threads that counselors escapes have increased since this last patch.... is this anecdotal or is there some database i'm unaware of which actually keeps track of such data? Just curious. 

   As I have mentioned in many of these posts... and am frankly sick of tacking it on... "This is what I am seeing".... against lobby after lobby of randoms… or a group of friends with varying numbers of randoms… or with a full lobby of friends... At this point... This should go without saying.
   Yes, Jason players are still getting 8 of 8... but this is far rarer since the patch dropped... Many of the randoms I end up playing with in quick play I have seen... and played the game with MANY times before... Much of the time in game for me... it seems the only people I have no idea of what they are capable of are the new players that pop up... and I have been seeing new players nightly... As a level one player is generally considered "new".
   And I have played an ungodly amount of hours in this game since the patch... more hours than I care to admit to in fact... So when I see people in denial of what I am seeing, it always makes me laugh... After all... I am probably one of the most honest people you will ever meet. I actually have a hard time telling a lie... The problem is... MANY people have a hard time accepting the TRUTH.
 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

A lot of us have put hundreds and some thousands of hours into this game and have been playing for a long time. You pick up on these things when playing over time. The game play has shifted from run around do nothing and fight Jason, to get shit done and get out. Well for smart players anyways. This in turn has made it harder on Jason to stop escapes as multiple are being hit at the same time. Makes for a hella fun game experience vs the old pinata version we had just a little while back. You still may run into some lobbies where people try to play the old way at the beginning but they all usually die pretty quick(queue the whiners that hate the new patch).

   Well reasoned and well said. I can only agree with every point you made here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could live with making it easier to get better/higher-tier perks, but the characters are fine where they are and adding a perk would break the game in my opinion. Focused players can already get shit done well enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only suggested the 4th perk be for Jarvis only instead of giving counselors free reign with a 4th perk. I feel this would be a better compromise instead of free reign over the 4th slot if it ever happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I only suggested the 4th perk be for Jarvis only instead of giving counselors free reign with a 4th perk. I feel this would be a better compromise instead of free reign over the 4th slot if it ever happens.

Fair, but Jarvis is honestly good enough on his own without extra help IMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ahab whoa there, buddy. I was just asking a simple question. I wasn't trying to be hostile or doubting you, just seeking clarification. Personally i'm very happy with the change in gameplay since this most recent patch was released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, The Gunslinger said:

So hello. I rolled an Legendary Evasion perk. %20 faster Dodge but %10 more damage taken really makes it useless for me. I got an Epic Thick Skinned too but I think we really need some balance changes to perks too. I think majority of the players will choose Thick Skinned , Medic. The third perk depends on the playstyle of the player. 

That evasion perk isn't worthless. If you get a perfect perk it makes you a very rare player usually, nobody else would be running your set. That's what might make you unique. Perks might need a nerf though because there is no punishment for combining good perks without that factor. If you play Hypochondriac, Medic, Thickskin the Thickskin perk should take a hit but since I have no damage boost on the other perks I am just unkillable right at the start of the round. Its bullshit honestly some perks should have minimum minus stats instead of 0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on board that a 4th perk slot is overkill. What I would like to see is a new perk that allow you to carry a weapon and car/boat part at the same time. This would be nice for repair characters who can’t run for shit and if Jason is after them they can hit him to regain stamina so they can go repair the objective they’re heading for. This would probably be new content tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’m on board that a 4th perk slot is overkill. What I would like to see is a new perk that allow you to carry a weapon and car/boat part at the same time. This would be nice for repair characters who can’t run for shit and if Jason is after them they can hit him to regain stamina so they can go repair the objective they’re heading for. This would probably be new content tho

That would spoil all the fun and risk of actually repairing. 

We might as well just skip the whole game from the intro to the outro , flip a coin and hope that we'll see ourselves alive or escaped , nevermind the actual gameplay.

Plus, most of the times , cars are spawned close to cabins , boats depending on the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say remove perks altogether and let players adjust their own stats. Have all unlockables available from the git go and scrap xp/cp systems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

That would spoil all the fun and risk of actually repairing. 

We might as well just skip the whole game from the intro to the outro , flip a coin and hope that we'll see ourselves alive or escaped , nevermind the actual gameplay.

Plus, most of the times , cars are spawned close to cabins , boats depending on the map.

Instead what they could do is spawn the parts farther from the objectives so the repair counselors have to travel farther making this idea of a perk I had more useful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I would say remove perks altogether and let players adjust their own stats. Have all unlockables available from the git go and scrap xp/cp systems. 

That’d be amazing to adjust our own stats. I’m kinda curious to see what people would dump their points into. Personally I’d do this. But now after making this, I can see why it isn’t allowed. Everyone would be OP bc they’d put all their points in the useful stats. 

Composure- 2

Luck- 8

Repair- 6

Speed- 6 

Stamina- 10 

Stealth- 1

Strength- 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’m on board that a 4th perk slot is overkill. What I would like to see is a new perk that allow you to carry a weapon and car/boat part at the same time. This would be nice for repair characters who can’t run for shit and if Jason is after them they can hit him to regain stamina so they can go repair the objective they’re heading for. This would probably be new content tho

New perks would likely be new content. Players could just continue escorting and protecting the repair character as they potentially do now.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Instead what they could do is spawn the parts farther from the objectives so the repair counselors have to travel farther making this idea of a perk I had more useful

I agree that shaking up the part locations would add a bit of suspense to the game. Running a part across camp would make for more tense moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

New perks would likely be new content. Players could just continue escorting and protecting the repair character as they potentially do now.

I agree that shaking up the part locations would add a bit of suspense to the game. Running a part across camp would make for more tense moments.

Yes but some of us (myself) are lone wolves and do things alone sometimes. In that circumstance I could see this perk being really useful. Especially if you have to run a part all the way across the map as Deborah. It’s just a thought :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes but some of us (myself) are lone wolves and do things alone sometimes. In that circumstance I could see this perk being really useful. Especially if you have to run a part all the way across the map as Deborah. It’s just a thought :)

No shame in expressing a thought. I lone wolf from time to time myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...